Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Cruise Line Discuss A Thread For Those Who Are Guaranteed A Room in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I am starting this thread so those of us who have not received room assignments yet. The purpose of this thread is so we can have a place to "hang ...
    dizneluver is offline C-Ticket Holder
    WAY TO FAR AWAY FROM EITHER DISNEYLAND OR DISNEY WORLD :( (Colorado) :)

A Thread For Those Who Are Guaranteed A Room

I am starting this thread so those of us who have not received room assignments yet. The purpose of this thread is so we can have a place to "hang out" and have a central location to get any pertinent info that might come down from Lou and/or Beci about the Cruise :

TTFN

KD <><
    Last edited by dizneluver; 02-27-2010 at 04:12 PM.
    Kelly D aka NDA#5 and one of Lou's BOX PEOPLE <><
    Lover of ALL THINGS DISNEY since I was 9 months old which includes going to the Parks with undiagnosed ADHD until I was 33 years old (still go to the Parks but with the knowledge now that I live with ADHD):

Disabilities/Special Needs Forum Moderator for The Disney Echo Forums

Visit my blog DIZNELUVER'S WORLD

Deck 7 COOL KID

cjswitzerland is offline B-Ticket Holder

Talking Re: A Thread For Those Who Are Guaranteed A Room

All right, so here we are.

Hopefully we can share our excitement here. We get to have a little added mystery to our wait.

We'll just have to consider the entire ship home until those magic 4 numbers for the stateroom are shared with us.

I hope we can get a few more of the GTY group on this thread.

363 days to go.

Christopher
    Last edited by cjswitzerland; 03-01-2010 at 06:06 PM.

Re: A Thread For Those Who Are Guaranteed A Room

Welcome Christopher!

I was told by my MEI travel agent that this wait could mean a possible up grade

who knows

Where you from and is this your first time on a Disney Cruise???
    Lover of ALL THINGS DISNEY since I was 9 months old which includes going to the Parks with undiagnosed ADHD until I was 33 years old (still go to the Parks but with the knowledge now that I live with ADHD):

Deck 7 COOL KID

I really have mixed emotions about an upgrade. I am in a category 10A GTY which I chose becasue I want to experience the virtual porthole. So any upgrade from that would put me in a Ocean View. Leave it to Disney to figure out a way to make the inside staterooms to be more desirable than one with a real window. LOL

This is Disney Cruise number 8 for me. I sailed the first seven times during the near 6 years that I was a Cast Member at WDW but have not sailed a Disney ship since the summer of 2003 just prior to moving to Switzerland. This will be cruise number 16 for me. I love cruising and got addicted to it all thanks to DCL.

I have been teaching music at the International School in Lausanne Switzerland since August 2003. I really love it though I miss having the Disney parks in my backyard. I do have an annual pass to Disneyland Paris and am DVC Owner with annual pass to WDW so I still get to see Mickey now and again.

This cruise happens to fall during the Ski Week break next school year. Since I don't ski, I usually travel during this week. I booked this becasue of the new ship and then found out about the WDWRadio group. I have moved my booking from DCL to MEI so that I can be part of the group.

I need to find the deck plans of the Dream and do some studying to determine where things are on the ship. 4 days is such a short time to explore all the corners that Disney will fill with all the magical touches.

Is this your first cruise? Travelling alone?

This is my second cruise (2nd DCL)

first was on the Wonder with my best friend and his now wife back in 2003

May or may not being going with somebody as it is my 40th bd and I want the freedom to do what I want and with whom I want ...but Mom did reserve a second person booking for me since we can get the deposit back if I dont want somebody else (or her) with me ...I know that sounds bad...I do love my Mom a ton but since all the WDW Radio friends on the boat would be my friends and I am the biggest Disney fan in my family i think it might be hard to hang with them and her at the same time.

I am looking forward to the WDW Radio slant on Disney events ...this will be my first WDW Radio event to partiicpate in person and I cant wait

And if I end up traveling alone I am ok with that...I have done a lot of visits to the Parks (esp when I was a CM living in ORlando)

Deck 7 COOL KID

disneysister is offline D-Ticket Holder

Just wanted to say...that we are on the great deck 8 so if you can book one there..we'd love to have you..

12/1971, 6/95, 2/05, 12/05 & 06 CR 6/2000 , 8/02 Wilderness Lodge, 07/03 Home to BCV and VB, 07/04, 07/05, 06/06 VWL & AKL, 07/07 VWL, 04/08 AKV, 06/08 VWL and AKV,12/08 Poly 6/09 Kidani and first cruise on the Wonder, BLT 6/2010, Wonder 8/2010.

Hey Disney Sister

If getting a room assignment was up to me I would have one already....

We have booked our rooms but haven't received a room assignment from Disney and might not til next Dec Not sure why they feel that that's appropriate ...but what can ya do

Deck 7 COOL KID

What is a GTY stateroom

So I am sure some of you wonder what it means to have booked a room but not have an assignment to exactly which one will be your living quarters for the cruise.

Disney is not holding as hostage just to see us squirm. It is common practicein the cruise industry to book a number of rooms in a status of Guaranty. THis basically means that we are guarnateed a stateroom at the level that we have paid for (or higher) for this sailing.

The cruiselines know that there will be cancellations for each sailing up to and including the date of embarkation. (My first cruise, I sailed alone because my friend got a call the night before the sailing that her grandfather had passed away.)

So when certain categories of stateroom are reaching capacity, they will often change the booking to Gauranty status, allowing passengers to book that category with the understanding that you will not know your exact stateroom #. Unlike the airlines who tend to way overbook some flights, I have not been made aware of people being denied boarding because there is not a stateroom availble.

Perhaps we will know something in December, perhaps we will not know until we arrive at the terminal on 27 February.

As for upgrades, I am sure Disney has an unpublicized policy regarding how they go about selecting who will be upgraded. Also like airlines, I am sure that they look at their loyal passengers (Castaway Club) and offer those with higher status first opportunity for an upgrade which then potentially leaves the category that has been gauranteed available to assign to those who are waiting. This is specualtion of practice on my part regarding what Disney will do, but I have traveled a lot and seen these types of things in practice with other carriers.

As for me, I am happy to know I am sailing and will wait to see what comes my way regarding the stateroom. I find the mysterious element a little bit more exciting than knowing everything right away.

How many more days to I have to WONDER about how this trip will be pure MAGIC? Oh that's right...this trip is going to be a DREAM. Can hardly wait!!!!!

Sorry guys...but why don't you have room assignments?

12/1971, 6/95, 2/05, 12/05 & 06 CR 6/2000 , 8/02 Wilderness Lodge, 07/03 Home to BCV and VB, 07/04, 07/05, 06/06 VWL & AKL, 07/07 VWL, 04/08 AKV, 06/08 VWL and AKV,12/08 Poly 6/09 Kidani and first cruise on the Wonder, BLT 6/2010, Wonder 8/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by disneysister View Post
    Sorry guys...but why don't you have room assignments?
    See my explanation in the previous post.

It is standard for cruiselines to continue to offer a category even if all the staterooms of that category are reserved.

Not a big worry for me really, but it makes joining a deck thread in these forums difficult.

I didn't realize this!

Wow...I never realized that!

Thanks for that information Christopher

I was looking forward to joining a DECK thread on the forums though and it does make it hard not know exact room number which is why I started this thread in the first place.

Deck 7 COOL KID

It sounds as if we are welcome to lurk or join in the other deck threads. And then we have plenty of people to hang out with when on board.

I think it is fun to have htis little thread too. I think we should come up with our own little mascot or something.

What about the Chesire Cat....."Some go that way, and others go that way.....but regardless it will be the DREAM way."

my thing about joining the other deck threads is that it is a lot to try to keep up with

no matter...we are all one big happy family 8(

Deck 7 COOL KID