Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Cruise Line Discuss Disney Cruise Line in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; My girlfriend and I have been debating over another WDW vacation or a DCL vacation. I have only been on a Carnival Cruise before, but I wanted someone who has ...
    RollTideMickey is offline A-Ticket holder

Disney Cruise Line

My girlfriend and I have been debating over another WDW vacation or a DCL vacation. I have only been on a Carnival Cruise before, but I wanted someone who has been on a DCL vacation to tell me what they thought about the trip overall, was the food like all other cruise lines, castaway cay??....I think it would be hard to do a Disney vacation and not be at the parks...Thank you for your answers!

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Disney Cruise Line

The DCL is wonderful. I don't think you'd really miss the parks that much.... the DCL ships are pretty much the Disney parks at sea, they really can't be beat. We've cruised with Disney three times now, twice on the Wonder and once on the Magic.

Overall the trip is great, though I prefer my time on the ship rather than at the ports of call. The food is wonderful and definitely superior to the only other line I've sailed with (Carnival). A lot of people really like Castaway Cay, but I'm not too much of a beach person myself and would be just as happy staying on the ship.

If you enjoyed Carnival you will most certainly love Disney (unless you live for gambling). We went on Carnival for my graduation trip with my high school and I absolutely hated it. I was kind of hesitant to try DCL at first because I thought all cruises would be like my Carnival cruise. By the end of the fist day of my DCL cruise, I knew I'd want to go on another.... and I also vowed to never sail with Carnival again.

little grammy is offline Fastpass Holder

see the information on this website for Lou's 4 night Cruise in Feb 2011 !!!
    also forum discussions ...

Go to WDW after the cruise!!
    "MagicMeets" Attendee 2006, '07, '08 and '09

"D23 EXPO" Attendee 2009

First Time Cruiser--- Disney Dream
    Feb. 2011 Deck 7 #7186

FrankVC is offline A-Ticket holder

My wife and I got married on the Wonder and we decided to do an annual cruise for our anniversary every year. There is as much or as little Disney as you are in the mood for. Service is unparrelleled and food is outstanding. Plenty of adult only areas to be an adult. Couldn't recommend it more.