Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Cruise Line Discuss Surprise Cruise Quandary in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; We are considering take a cruise on the Disney Dream in May 2011 as a surprise for my best friend. She'll be graduating from college with a degree in equine ...
    Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

Surprise Cruise Quandary

We are considering take a cruise on the Disney Dream in May 2011 as a surprise for my best friend. She'll be graduating from college with a degree in equine veterinary medicine that month. We've been best friends since we met in pre-school, but we haven't seen each other in about 7 years since she moved to Kentucky. So the cruise would kind of be a graduation surprise and a reunion. The idea is that she's going to know she's going on a cruise after her graduation, but not know that I'm going to be on board. I'll be hiding somewhere in the lobby when she boards and kind of pop out and surprise her.

Anyway, we're looking at having her stay in the room with us, instead of with her parents and sister (if they even decide the want to go, the rest of her family may not go), in order to try to cut down on the cost for her family since they'll be having to fly, or drive, down here to Florida.

We plan on booking through MEI/Mouse Fan, but I thought of a potential problem. I know there's a lot of paperwork that has to be signed prior to going on a cruise. If I'm not mistaken, she'll have to sign the same document that we sign, and thus, would know I'm on the ship, ruining the surprise. Do you know if Disney can somehow arrange it where she has separate documents that doesn't list me as someone staying in the same stateroom? I understand that this could be viewed as a little "underhanded", but its not for a malicioius reason, just to keep everything a surprise. Or in order to keep everything a secret, will she have to stay in a separate stateroom?

Re: Surprise Cruise Quandary

Contact MEI and ask them. Beci loves surprises so there is probably something she can do to make this work.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com