Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Cruise Line Discuss First Disney Cruise - Five Families - What to reserve? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I'm dragging 4 other families with my family onto Lou's Cruise. We all are gonna live it up -- we're doing Concierge level -- and I want to make some ...
    GreenButton is offline A-Ticket holder

First Disney Cruise - Five Families - What to reserve?

I'm dragging 4 other families with my family onto Lou's Cruise. We all are gonna live it up -- we're doing Concierge level -- and I want to make some activity reservations ahead of time to make sure we can spend some time altogether since we have such a big group.

Here's my question: when reservations FIRST GO LIVE, what should I arrange on the cruise and tell all my friends to arrange?
    - we all have little kids... is childcare scarce and important to book?
    - is there a PARTICULAR key activity or show or restaurant that we wouldn't want to miss that I should BE SURE we all reserve as early as possible?

Tell me your ideas!! Need to know what's important

thanks!

disney-akj is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: First Disney Cruise - Five Families - What to reserve?

If you have little ones I would reserve Tea with Alice at the Guest Services Desk. My kids enjoyed this. It is a free activity on your cruise, but tickets are required and typically go fast. If you get them your first day on board, that should help. You can not book this activity before boarding the ship though. First come, first serve on tickets.

Palo is an adult only restaurant that requires reservations, which you can make a head of time. There is an additional fee to dine at Palo though, and you must arrange child care for children not old enough for the kids clubs. Plus take advantage of room service- it is included in the price (unless you order alcohol, canned soda, or prepackaged food like chips and candy)- so if you mickey bars at midnight (which are available for free from room service and not on the menu) go for it!! Be sure to tip though!

I have a few tips, if you have never cruised before. Study your navigator when you receive it in your stateroom every night. There are specials, sales, and activities listed on it, that will keep you up to date. A highlighter comes in handy to highlight the activities your family prefers (some people bring a different color to highlight for each family member.) Another tip is to go to Shutters one of the first few nights to buy a photo package. You can exchange the prints through the cruise or upgrade later as needed (avoid going on the last evening if possible, because the place is packed!) Also ask the CM to take pics for you on your camera. Lastly, you are allowed to carry on alcohol which is a money saver!

Of course book all excursions ahead of time, especially dolphins/extreme things which tend to fill up fast. Make sure to budget in tips for the cruise which can be pricey!
    Michelle