Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Disney Cruise Line Discuss Who's hanging a fish extender on Lou's cruise?? Updated post #30 in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Lori thank you for the information!...
    zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: Who's hanging a fish extender on Lou's cruise?? Updated post #30

Lori thank you for the information!
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

455 people! Good lord! I'm really excited for the group photo on the beach now hehe

guynwdm is offline D-Ticket Holder

I love doing Fish extender exchanges. The best part is when you hang it by your door it helps you find your cabin at night.

Count me in. On one cruise I was on what we did was broke into groups of 12 cabins. That way it was less expensive and easier to get around.
    Rob
    DVC Member @ Saratoga Springs

two-foxes is offline A-Ticket holder

Hey, I am definitely in for the FE gifts. There is a small group of us on another board (maybe 20 or so, some booked for Lou's cruise, some not) who are doing a small FE exchange for this cruise. In seeing some pics from on board the Dream, there is a place to hang your extender.

I think some people are mentioning the 2008 5-night Wonder cruise that had a large group from All Ears....we were on that (not thru that group, but the DIS) and we had a pretty big group and it really didn't take that long to drop the gifts, and not all are interested in participating. So, the number may not be 400+.

For those of you wondering about gifts....everything from little snack chocolate, Disney stickers, handmade or zazzle.com magnets, trinket toys, deck of cards, little note pads, wine charms, pencils, little beach balls....Oriental trading company is a GREAT place to look for ideas.

The most difficult part, IMO, is just getting the stuff to the ship.
    But we just shipped our package of pirate playing cards ahead of time, and it was waiting in our stateroom for us. (Thank goodness for flat rate boxes!)

Hope we are able to do it!

Now, back to my super exciting NYE! Happy New Year!
    Last edited by two-foxes; 12-31-2010 at 10:14 PM.

tacey is offline D-Ticket Holder

I'm in for sure

Proud Member of the Deck 7 Cool Kids!

Re: Who's hanging a fish extender on Lou's cruise?? UPDATED post #30

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    Ok gang here you go!!

More information could not be released until final payment was due. Now that final payment has come and gone I can provide you with some numbers.

There are 185 cabins with 455 people. That includes adults and children. Please note that number may change.

Participating in fish extenders is not required. You choose to participate or not. Please do not feel that you are obligated to do so.

If you choose to do so, you can decide how much you want to be involved. If you want to do every cabin that's up to you. If you only want to do those on your deck that is fine too.

I hope this information helps. Any questions, just ask me!

.................................................. .........................
    Personally, I will probably do the ones of the Cool Kids of Deck 7 and a few others on the not so cool decks (cough Nolan cough). I plan on having fun with it!! I even purchased a few fun things for it already.

I just want to mention again that the fish extenders are being provided. I had posted that earlier but forgot to add it again yesterday.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by two-foxes View Post
    The most difficult part, IMO, is just getting the stuff to the ship. But we just shipped our package of pirate playing cards ahead of time, and it was waiting in our stateroom for us. (Thank goodness for flat rate boxes!)

How did you ship it to the boat??? What address did you use? I'm liking that idea!!

tacey is offline D-Ticket Holder

I have not personally done it but I hear you use the ship name, your cruise dates, your stateroom number and address to the terminal's address:

9150 Christopher Columbus Drive
    Port Canaveral, FL

I'd love to hear if that's the case.

I am planning on having stuff shipped to the resort since I'm flying in the day before. That's worked well for me in the past. I will be bringing my own sparkling cider since it's a lot more on the ship than we charge here for the same thing.

Proud Member of the Deck 7 Cool Kids!

Quote Originally Posted by tacey View Post
    I have not personally done it but I hear you use the ship name, your cruise dates, your stateroom number and address to the terminal's address:

9150 Christopher Columbus Drive
    Port Canaveral, FL

I'd love to hear if that's the case.

I am planning on having stuff shipped to the resort since I'm flying in the day before. That's worked well for me in the past. I will be bringing my own sparkling cider since it's a lot more on the ship than we charge here for the same thing.
    That is not the address I have. DCL is closed today, but I will call and confirm the address I have to make sure it is still the one to use. There are a bunch of restrictions....no more the 20lbs, one box only, no food, drinks, chemicals, etc. You also need to attach a packing list, and have some specific info on the address label so they know where to send your pack.

Re: Who's hanging a fish extender on Lou's cruise?? UPDATED post #30

I just want to mention again that the fish extenders are being provided. I had posted that earlier but forgot to add it again yesterday.
    Wow that is very cool. Are they coming from MEI??
    Rob

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by guynwdm View Post
    I love doing Fish extender exchanges. The best part is when you hang it by your door it helps you find your cabin at night.

Count me in. On one cruise I was on what we did was broke into groups of 12 cabins. That way it was less expensive and easier to get around.
    That was a nice idea.

Hey, I am definitely in for the FE gifts. There is a small group of us on another board (maybe 20 or so, some booked for Lou's cruise, some not) who are doing a small FE exchange for this cruise. In seeing some pics from on board the Dream, there is a place to hang your extender.

I think some people are mentioning the 2008 5-night Wonder cruise that had a large group from All Ears....we were on that (not thru that group, but the DIS) and we had a pretty big group and it really didn't take that long to drop the gifts, and not all are interested in participating. So, the number may not be 400+.

For those of you wondering about gifts....everything from little snack chocolate, Disney stickers, handmade or zazzle.com magnets, trinket toys, deck of cards, little note pads, wine charms, pencils, little beach balls....Oriental trading company is a GREAT place to look for ideas.

The most difficult part, IMO, is just getting the stuff to the ship.
    But we just shipped our package of pirate playing cards ahead of time, and it was waiting in our stateroom for us. (Thank goodness for flat rate boxes!)

Thank you for all the info, this helps alot!

I knew I read that, yay! So that will be wonderful! Do you know how many rooms we have on our Deck?

That is not the address I have. DCL is closed today, but I will call and confirm the address I have to make sure it is still the one to use. There are a bunch of restrictions....no more the 20lbs, one box only, no food, drinks, chemicals, etc. You also need to attach a packing list, and have some specific info on the address label so they know where to send your pack.
    Now shipping that would be a great idea!
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Robuclafan is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    455 people! Good lord! I'm really excited for the group photo on the beach now hehe
    I hope someone has wide-angle lens to get everyone in the photo.
    My WDW visits:
    1972, 1973, 1974
    Nov 29-Dec 10, 2004 All-Star Movies
    Oct 2-Oct 14, 2005 All-Star Sports
    Nov 26-Dec 4, 2007 All-Star Sports
    Feb 24-27/Mar 3-10, 2011 Pop Century

Feb 27-Mar 3, 2011 Cruise with Lou

Cool!!! Thanks!! I just want to ship my fishy stuff and few surprises for kiddo. Do Lifesavers count as food?

Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post

I knew I read that, yay! So that will be wonderful! Do you know how many rooms we have on our Deck?

No clue. Since some rooms are still GTY (not sure what that means) there isn't a count per deck yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robuclafan View Post
    I hope someone has wide-angle lens to get everyone in the photo.
    A think they are going to use a cherry picker to take the photo.

Cool!!! Thanks!! I just want to ship my fishy stuff and few surprises for kiddo. Do Lifesavers count as food?
    A think they are going to use a cherry picker to take the photo.
    The only way you can take food on the ship or off is if it is sealed in it's package. So wrapped candy would be ok, opening a bag of candy and putting in small ziplock bags would be a no. No fresh fruit/vegetables can be taken on or off... That is one thing customs looks for when getting off the ship (along with too much liquor and cuban cigars)

Having been on the ship with a large group. They did the picture in the morning on castaway cay. It was awful. The sun was at their back which put everyones face in a shadow. So while doing it first thing in the morning was not a good plan. The picture was just bad. I was surprised the DCL did not know better in planning it at that time with the sun.
    Rob

I finally got my act together to see if the info I had from another site was accurate by calling DCL for shipping info....here's what I got today (combined with info on another site.....)

*NO FOODS/DRINKS OF ANY KIND, LIQUOR OF ANY KIND, FIREARMS, ETC.. Items that cannot be shipped to the Disney Cruise Line Warehouse and delivered to the ship include: food products (any and all food products including baby food/formula), beverages (liquor, water, etc.), chemicals, and luggage. If baby formula needs to be shipped, it must be a direct ship from the manufacturer.

Address your package to:
    Disney Cruise Line Warehouse
    Guest Name / Stateroom # (GTY, if you don't know what it is when you send the package)
    8633 Transport Drive
    Orlando, FL 32832
    Phone: 407-566-8196

In the bottom left corner of the top of the package put the following information: ATTN: HOUSEKEEPING
    *Name
    *Sail Date
    *Ship
    *Stateroom Number
    *The package also must have a packing slip in an envelope attached to the outside of the box that details the contents of the package. Write "packing slip" on the outside of the envelope.

*Packages must arrive by Friday Feb 25 by 3:00pm for the Feb 27th cruise.

The info I had found and used previously had stated there is a one box minimum, the size of a record box with a 20lb limit. Upon calling DCL today, the CM I spoke with said she found NO information regarding any size, number or weight limit, but I would try to adhere to that policy.

***When in doubt, CALL DCL!!!!***** (that is my disclaimer!)
    [CENTER]Jill, Tim and the crazy boys Merrick (3) and Reagan James (1)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast