Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Cruise Line Discuss First time cruiser / Deck 11...I think in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I was wondering if anyone had any tips for a first time cruiser? I am giving my girlfriend this cruise for us as a Christmas present. Neither of us have ...
    Goducks1981 is offline A-Ticket holder

First time cruiser / Deck 11...I think

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for a first time cruiser? I am giving my girlfriend this cruise for us as a Christmas present. Neither of us have been on a cruise before. I think we are on deck 11, according to my online reservation. But I'm not sure.

Anyways never been on a cruise and don't know if I need to bring a sport coat for dinner?, tips, that kind of thing. We are also doing the pre cruise stay for Friday and Saturday before the cruise. Are there any events going on for wdw radio listeners?

Thanks in advance....

Daniel

7onbuzz is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: First time cruiser / Deck 11...I think

My wife and I went on, I think, six Disney cruises before we had kids. I always bring at least a jacket and tie because we always have dinner at Palo. I would definitely recommend dinner there and the dress code is jacket and tie. And it's definitely a requirement if you plan to dine at Remy's, which I hope to do on our next cruise. We're also doing brunch, or maybe tea at Palo which I would recommend. The dress is casual, but you'll need to reserve early. Dress for the rotational dining seems to be up to the individual. I always dress casual, collared shirt and trousers, but it is Disney and there are plenty of people in shorts & sandles. Do what makes you comfortable. If you're looking to avoid some of the children, choose the later dining rotation.
    When we cruised without kids, we would spend a lot of time in the spa and on Castaway Cay I would recommend a couples massage on the adult only beach in one of the cabannas.
    Unfortunately I'm not a cruising or Disney pro, but I do believe that Disney is one of the cruise lines that allows you to bring alcohol on board and there's a small dorm room style cooler/fridge in the stateroom. They also sell some pretty decent cigars on board.
    We're staying after the cruise so I can't help with info on pre cruise wdwradio meets.
    I'm not a frequent poster, so maybe someone else can throw some tips your way. Hope some of this helps.
    We're staying on deck 12, so if you're on Lou's cruise, hope to see you there.

Goducks1981 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: First time cruiser / Deck 11...I think

Thanks for all the info. Being a first time cruiser I was a bit confused. But I think a collared shirt, some nice pants and shoes should work. I would love to try Remy's. But I think it's already booked, might get lucky and get a reservation on the spot though I hear.

It's just me and my girlfriend so no kids. And we are on Lou's Cruise. So we will see you on the cruise....Just look for the 2 wearing all the Oregon Duck shirts.

Thanks again, and looking forward to the cruise and meeting everyone.