Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Cruise Line Discuss 1st Time cruisers need info. in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Hi guys and girls. We are planning on going on a DC next year. This will be our very first cruise. It will just be DW and myself. We were ...
    davidthe8thdwarf is offline A-Ticket holder

1st Time cruisers need info.

Hi guys and girls. We are planning on going on a DC next year. This will be our very first cruise. It will just be DW and myself. We were just wondering what some experienced cruisers have to say about which cruises they suggest. I must say that due to work restraints we can do a 6 or 7 day cruise max. We will get our passports as since the boys are going out on their own we want to start using our DVC to see the world. We have ordered the DCL planning DVD but we were wondering about such things as dressing for dining, tipping of the crew, stay and park hotel stays, general knowledge that for some reason don't appear on the cruise sites FAQ section. Heck we might even see if there is a WDW Radio (Lou's cruise) next year and plan for that. I know that you guys are an excellent source of information that we can trust !

two-foxes is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: 1st Time cruisers need info.

Quote Originally Posted by davidthe8thdwarf View Post
    Hi guys and girls. We are planning on going on a DC next year. This will be our very first cruise. It will just be DW and myself. We were just wondering what some experienced cruisers have to say about which cruises they suggest. I must say that due to work restraints we can do a 6 or 7 day cruise max. We will get our passports as since the boys are going out on their own we want to start using our DVC to see the world. We have ordered the DCL planning DVD but we were wondering about such things as dressing for dining, tipping of the crew, stay and park hotel stays, general knowledge that for some reason don't appear on the cruise sites FAQ section. Heck we might even see if there is a WDW Radio (Lou's cruise) next year and plan for that. I know that you guys are an excellent source of information that we can trust !
    Wow, lots of questions! If you do DCL, you are pretty much limited to 3, 4 or 7 night cruises, but there are a few special itineraries that are 5 nights (there may be some other ones, but none that I am aware of.)

There are a bunch of resources to use....my favorite book is the Passporter for Disney Cruise Line. The DIS has a great cruise FAQ and www.castawayclub.com is a good general resource...it should be, because Barb had taken 70+ Disney Cruises!!!
    [CENTER]Jill, Tim and the crazy boys Merrick (3) and Reagan James (1)