Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Cruise Line Discuss Just Booked Dream For Next Feb - Question About Inside Staterooms in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; So we just booked a 4 night (may change it to 5, we'll see) on the Dream for Feb of 2012. I am already counting the days and occupying my ...
    johnatthebar is offline C-Ticket Holder

Just Booked Dream For Next Feb - Question About Inside Staterooms

So we just booked a 4 night (may change it to 5, we'll see) on the Dream for Feb of 2012. I am already counting the days and occupying my time contemplating options such as dining, accommodations, etc.

This trip will be all about the ship for us, as we have been to Nassau plenty of times (Castaway Cay is neat, but 4 days is very little time for such a great ship). I've booked an oceanview/outside cabin, but am curious about something (for this trip or future trips) in the inside rooms, specifically the virtual portholes.

Is there a timer/alarm of sorts to have the display turn on in the morning? The only thing I hate about inside cabins is how difficult it is to wake up in the morning to zero light. Leaving the display on all night would (I would think) give off quite a glow that would be bothersome. Can you set a 'wake timer' like on some TV's?

Thanks for reading my long winded post,
    BH

cjswitzerland is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Just Booked Dream For Next Feb - Question About Inside Staterooms

As many of us that are frequenting these forums are desperately waiting to step aboard the ship in under 4 weeks time, the answer for this is not likely known by anyone yet. But rest assured, I will take a good look at this when on board and will post an answer for you as soon as I can if you don't get an answer before then.

That is a really good question. It would be nice to have it set to warm up and turn on with the sunrise so that you get the gentle wake up like the outside staterooms.

shelbell77 is offline Deck 7 Cool Kid!

On this weeks podcast they mentioned an on/off switch but not a timer.
    -----------------------------------------------

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

johnatthebar is offline C-Ticket Holder

I noticed once I posted that this weeks show might cover it, but it seems not. It would certainly seem like a worthwhile feature to implement.

Side note, next time I don't sign up for a group cruise over a year out at a reasonable price, someone should track me down and slap me silly. So jealous that so many are about to go.