Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Cruise Line Discuss To Remy or not to Remy....... in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Help......I am undecided about a Remy reservation I was lucky enough to secure. It is for Night 4 which means I will more than likely miss out on experiencing one ...
    cjswitzerland is offline B-Ticket Holder

Question To Remy or not to Remy.......

Help......I am undecided about a Remy reservation I was lucky enough to secure.

It is for Night 4 which means I will more than likely miss out on experiencing one of the other Dining rooms. With a 4 night cruise it is impossible to do it all and one (either Remy or the mystery restaurant of Night 4) will have to be missed this trip. But that line of thinking just makes my decision harder.

Advice?? Suggestions??

shelbell77 is offline Deck 7 Cool Kid!

Re: To Remy or not to Remy.......

Based on historic 4 nights and the last two 4 night on the DREAM, the "repeat" dining night - Pirate night - is on Castaway Cay day. So personally we shoot for that day for special dining. If you are really worried about the pirate menu this isn't idea. But we're more worried about getting the show experience in each main dining room.

Rotation for Dream has been nights 3 and 4 in the third dining room (again with 3 being pirate night, so night 4 would be show night).

Several people have said if you miss dinner in Enchanted Garden or Royal Palace its not a huge deal for the "show" you get the feel by having breakfast or lunch there. But everyone says not to miss the show night at Animators. Unfortunately, you won't know WHICH night you will be in each restaurant until you check in. Hence why we usually plan palo for Castaway Cay day - which is usually pirate night.
    -----------------------------------------------

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

I'm having the same issue but with Palo. My Palo night is pirate night and eveyone knows I'm the pirate girl!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

tacey is offline D-Ticket Holder

Lori

Christopher and I actually have Palo ressie for pirate night. I have heard they are not pushing the pirate part at the meal, they are even just giving the bandannas in the rooms not at the meal, so as long as we are done by 8, we won't miss anything

As for Remy's this trip I can't justify spending between 3-5 hours for one meal when there is sooooo much to see and and do...just my 2 cents(which I already shared with Christopher...lol)

Proud Member of the Deck 7 Cool Kids!

We eat at 6:00 and I don't really want to rush to get to the show. I know the fireworks don't start until later but I know with the group I'm eating with it will be at least a 3 hour meal. Plus I'll need to change. Plus the fact that I will save over $100 if we don't go. That's a Dooney and Bourke purse of some type..

tacey is offline D-Ticket Holder

$100??? Are you paying for 5 people?

Proud Member of the Deck 7 Cool Kids!

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

I thought about switching to Pirate night for my Palo dinner, but I don't want to miss any of the pirate party stuff since I've never done it. And franky, I love love love asian cuisine and seeing potstickers and macadamia nut mahi mahi with curry and jasmine rice makes me really excited
    The stuff that looks good to me on the other menus are mostly pasta anyhow, so I might as well just head to Palo! I will be sad if I end up missing Animator's Palate, but I mean I've seen turtle talk with crush and I really can't see it being that different... or at least that's what I'm trying to tell myself so I won't be too disappointed if that's the one I miss haha

I can't justify the price of Remy, it's just too much for me, but the $20 isn't so bad and I love love love a good meal so I do want the little splurge

AquaDame is offline A-Ticket holder

We chose to go with Palo on the 4th night and are just hoping it is not the Royal Palace night... I didn't want to miss pirate night since I have never done it before and Im OK with getting the special menu in one of the restaurants rather than have the 'normal' meal in one... THEN I snagged a Remy too, but I think we will most likely skip it this go round.

Quote Originally Posted by tacey View Post
    $100??? Are you paying for 5 people?
    $40 for Erin and I to eat not including booze. $50 for my dress. $30 for Erin's shirt....

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
    We chose to go with Palo on the 4th night and are just hoping it is not the Royal Palace night... I didn't want to miss pirate night since I have never done it before and Im OK with getting the special menu in one of the restaurants rather than have the 'normal' meal in one... THEN I snagged a Remy too, but I think we will most likely skip it this go round.
    Ya Royal Palace is the menu that looks by far the best out of the regular three restaurants. I hope that I have Enchanted Garden on that last night, since it's menu intrigues me the least and I think in general I would miss out the least by eating there on a different day (like for Pirates night or for breakfast). Besides, I have a late seating and Enchanted Garden apparently changes from day to night in real time, so it won't change at all while I'm there since the sun will have set already... not exactly a show!