Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Disney Cruise Line Discuss It... is... Time! The Final Countdown! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by LUVdisny It's lightly snowing here in Central Illinois....and the temp is 29.....plus my daughter, who is going on the cruise, has a bad cold - almost bronchitis...... ...
    shelbell77 is offline Deck 7 Cool Kid!

Re: It... is... Time! The Final Countdown!

Quote Originally Posted by LUVdisny View Post
    It's lightly snowing here in Central Illinois....and the temp is 29.....plus my daughter, who is going on the cruise, has a bad cold - almost bronchitis...... so hoping by Sat a.m. she is feeling better. Hard to rest with a 3 yr old!
    Oh no! Hopefully she gets rested up soon!

And your weather clears up! Mom's flying in from Midway on Friday....looks like there's snow in the forecast. We're hoping since she's flying midway and not ohare it won't impact her too bad! Or that the snow won't be bad! or both!
    -----------------------------------------------

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

DippyDawg44 is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by goofypal View Post
    I agree with Little Grammy...I should be better prepared - it has been 15 months! Finally got the suitcases down. Making sure all my Goofy t-shirts are clean. Packing my Deck 7 Cool Kids t-shirt. Finally working on door decorations and the flag.

My preparing to be gone from school for a week is a little more complicated - I have to prepare work for the substitute for everyday. Luckily I have 2 great subs covering my class. The other problem is I have to make sure none of the other teachers stow-away in my luggage.
    We have to meet on the cruise, my wife and I are HUGE Goofy fans, in fact we have traveled with our little plush goof around the world and have taken his picture in front of many famous sites (I know, we're crazy).

Anyway, looking forward to meeting another Goofy fan!! See you real soon.

DippyDawg44 is offline A-Ticket holder

Well, we leave on Friday and now have just about everything packed and ready to go. First time flying with an infant, so this should be interesting. Trying to use only clothes not going on the trip so to not disturb the packing, hopefully we can make it work then next couple days. Flag is done and door decorations are getting close. These next few days a work are going to be the hardest, tick tock tick tock!!!!

Let's go!!!!!!

goofypal is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by DippyDawg44 View Post
    We have to meet on the cruise, my wife and I are HUGE Goofy fans, in fact we have traveled with our little plush goof around the world and have taken his picture in front of many famous sites (I know, we're crazy).

Anyway, looking forward to meeting another Goofy fan!! See you real soon.
    Don't get me started on Goofy. My license plate is Goofin, and the front plate is from Test Track and says "2GOOFEE". I'll have to bring all my Goofy pins, also. What cabin are you in? We are in 7690. It's always great to meet someone who appreciates the "Goofy" things in life.

We can meet up at the sail away - I'll be wearing the Deck 7 Cool Kids black t-shirt and the Goofy hat - probably the tall green one.

My wife isn't as "Goofy" as me, however, she is an enabler of my habit - she purchased many of my items on eBay

Here are a couple of pictures of my collection. And it all started with a Burger King toy from the Goofy Movie.

Paul and Lisa

My Goofy costume at school. I wear it every Halloween to hand out candy, and always get lots of pictures taken.

Banner from WDW's 25th Anniversary

The print of Goofy is signed by Bill Farmer, the voice of Goofy.
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

goofypal is offline Fastpass Holder

We are staying at BWV post-cruise. I haven't done the on-line checkin. I'm so so on using it. Since the slide at BW is being rehabbed, we supposedly get to use Storm Along Bay at the Beach Club.
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

All the apparel is out and folded...just need to pack it in the suitcase.

We don't fly out of Buffalo until Saturday afternoon

little grammy is offline Fastpass Holder

we are packed..... with a little shoving and pushing.....49.7 # seemed a little close so we did some rearranging. Just didn't know what to leave behind. 9 nights is a ling time--- but don't want to waste time in the laundry room-- at the other end of the ship---
    "MagicMeets" Attendee 2006, '07, '08 and '09

"D23 EXPO" Attendee 2009

First Time Cruiser--- Disney Dream
    Feb. 2011 Deck 7 #7186

We are staying at BWV post-cruise. I haven't done the on-line checkin. I'm so so on using it. Since the slide at BW is being rehabbed, we supposedly get to use Storm Along Bay at the Beach Club.
    Paul- what's your hesitation with online check in? We did it for both BWV and BLT last year and loved the time we saved. In both cases we did make special requests and were allowed to check in early and actually get into our rooms.

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

little grammy is offline Fastpass Holder

off to work until noon

them drive to Pittsburgh and fly at 7:00 TONIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "MagicMeets" Attendee 2006, '07, '08 and '09

"D23 EXPO" Attendee 2009

First Time Cruiser--- Disney Dream
    Feb. 2011 Deck 7 #7186

LUVdisny is offline A-Ticket holder

Storm along bay at the beach club is neat!..... has an old pirate ship that is a slide.... and there is sand in the bottom of the pool to cushion your fall..... My grandkids had a blast there 18 months ago.... cool place!

Robuclafan is offline B-Ticket Holder

Final countdown has final reached 0. About ready to go out the door to the airport. Will be at WDW about 5p depending on Magical Express. Couldn't do the online check-in, the system wouldn't let me do it. I guess I have to do it the old fashion way and wait in line. See everyone soon.

Rob and Bonnie
    My WDW visits:
    1972, 1973, 1974
    Nov 29-Dec 10, 2004 All-Star Movies
    Oct 2-Oct 14, 2005 All-Star Sports
    Nov 26-Dec 4, 2007 All-Star Sports
    Feb 24-27/Mar 3-10, 2011 Pop Century

Feb 27-Mar 3, 2011 Cruise with Lou

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by shelbell77 View Post
    Paul- what's your hesitation with online check in? We did it for both BWV and BLT last year and loved the time we saved. In both cases we did make special requests and were allowed to check in early and actually get into our rooms.

Not Paul, but I have had 'issues' with online check in.

At SSR it seems to work just great

At BCV, it was not good. I checked in on line. Showed up at 11 as I had indicated... at 5 PM I finally asked to see a manager since I had no room and they had no idea WHEN I might get one. Basically with online check in I was "assigned" to a room and would never be "moved" to the first available there even though I had been there for hours. So folks who just walked in after me got a room while I waited and waited and waited. Turns out the folks in "my" room damaged it and apparently I was just suppose to wait until it was fixed. Manager did move me immediately to another room (actually he gave me a choice of FOUR empty units which really made me MAD!) He promised to work on the issue, but IMHO I won't risk it there again!

Quote Originally Posted by Carolla View Post
    Not Paul, but I have had 'issues' with online check in.

At SSR it seems to work just great

At BCV, it was not good. I checked in on line. Showed up at 11 as I had indicated... at 5 PM I finally asked to see a manager since I had no room and they had no idea WHEN I might get one. Basically with online check in I was "assigned" to a room and would never be "moved" to the first available there even though I had been there for hours. So folks who just walked in after me got a room while I waited and waited and waited. Turns out the folks in "my" room damaged it and apparently I was just suppose to wait until it was fixed. Manager did move me immediately to another room (actually he gave me a choice of FOUR empty units which really made me MAD!) He promised to work on the issue, but IMHO I won't risk it there again!
    Wow....in BOTH cases we did it so far (at BWV and BLT) we did on line check in. But because our preassigned rooms were not ready and we wanted to put our stuff in our room versus store with the bell services we were able to get assigned to other rooms no problem. It did make check in take about 5 minutes longer but that was it. At BWV they could only do for us and not for the friend traveling with us for some reason - I think they didn't have anywhere else to move her. but she just stored her stuff in our room. At BLT her room was ready, it was just ours that was not - but again - they moved us and we both got rooms right away.

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane

Packed, and suitcases are in the car! We fly out of Toronto tomorrow morning at 6:20 so we're staying at an airport hotel tonight. So technically we leave tomorrow but I like to think that the vacation starts today Sister is flying in from school in Ottawa so the fun can begin tonight!

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

flutter is offline Moderator

Have a safe trip everyone I will see you on Sunday....I don't leave here till Saturday morning....Paul drive safe no "goofin'" around

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast