Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 58
Disney Cruise Line Discuss Quick comments on the Dream in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by lorilovestigger The only food issue I had was at Animator's. It seemed like small portions and wasn't that warm but other than that everything else as awesome!! ...
  1. #16
    zippitydoodah's Avatar
    zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Guelph, ON
    Posts
    1,176

    Re: Quick comments on the Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    The only food issue I had was at Animator's. It seemed like small portions and wasn't that warm but other than that everything else as awesome!!
    I preferred the smaller portions so I could order more! Plus I know we get a bit overwhelmed with portion sizes at restaurants when we go to the States, and everyone at our table mentioned how nice it was that the portions were small enough that would could order an app, a salad/soup, an entree and a dessert and not get too full If I were paying it would be more of an issue I think, but I figure if its not enough- order more I mean, I love eating.. I would just rather get to try more of different items than all the same thing

  2. #17
    LUVdisny's Avatar
    LUVdisny is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mackinaw, Illinois
    Posts
    43

    Re: Quick comments on the Dream

    I thought there was another misrepresentation....... The charge for the dessert night..I and few others thought it was included.... especially since we booked a resort - before the cruise..... my granddaughter and I didn't get to make it - so I was out that $... but it was okay cause granddaughter needed some rest...after a BUSY day of getting up early and travelling....but - I did think that it was to be included..... anyone else think the same...

    I did hear them say about the $25 credit...... we found a receipt on our bed the 1st night....also got a 50 credit for using a Disney Visa card......

  3. #18
    NancyIL is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    77

    Re: Quick comments on the Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by LUVdisny View Post
    I thought there was another misrepresentation....... The charge for the dessert night..I and few others thought it was included.... especially since we booked a resort - before the cruise..... my granddaughter and I didn't get to make it - so I was out that $... but it was okay cause granddaughter needed some rest...after a BUSY day of getting up early and travelling....but - I did think that it was to be included..... anyone else think the same...

    I did hear them say about the $25 credit...... we found a receipt on our bed the 1st night....also got a 50 credit for using a Disney Visa card......
    The Dessert Party was to have been included when you booked two pre-cruise nights at a WDW resort through MEI. We were enjoying Universal Studios that night.

  4. #19
    LUVdisny's Avatar
    LUVdisny is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mackinaw, Illinois
    Posts
    43

    Re: Quick comments on the Dream

    we were at the All-Star Music.....family suite!

  5. #20
    NancyIL is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    77

    Re: Quick comments on the Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by LUVdisny View Post
    we were at the All-Star Music.....family suite!
    Did you stay there one night or two? If only one night, then the dessert party was not included in your resort package.

    I grew up in Michigan and now live in Illinois (Champaign) - but didn't know there was a Mackinaw in Illinois!

  6. #21
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,296

    Re: Quick comments on the Dream

    Hey! My kid goes to school in Champaign! Sorry for detour.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  7. #22
    LUVdisny's Avatar
    LUVdisny is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mackinaw, Illinois
    Posts
    43

    Re: Quick comments on the Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
    Did you stay there one night or two? If only one night, then the dessert party was not included in your resort package.

    I grew up in Michigan and now live in Illinois (Champaign) - but didn't know there was a Mackinaw in Illinois!
    We flew in from Bloomington, Ill on Sat and only stayed one night at the All-Stars..... when we returned on Thursday we spent 3 nights at the Bay Tower Contemporary...

    nope, dessert party was not included.... I have kept all of my e-mails...and I know that I paid for 5 people....

    I am originally from Springfield, Ill..... Mackinaw is a small town -about--1,800 people.....Springfield is an hour away(south)...... Bloomington is about 30 minutes away(southeast)- where my oldest daughter and family live....STATE FARM coroporate hdqs.; Lincoln, where my youngest daughter and family live- they were on the cruise...(south); and Peoria is about 25 minutes Northwest from here..... also, Morton - the Pumpkin Capital of the world.... is where they process all the pumpkins - Nestles owns it now.... Also in Bloomington is the Nestle-Beich Candy Factory...

    Have been to Mackinaw in Michigan - it is beautiful... would like to go back.

    My daughter got her Master's degree at the U of I.....

  8. #23
    LUVdisny's Avatar
    LUVdisny is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mackinaw, Illinois
    Posts
    43

    Re: Quick comments on the Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by LUVdisny View Post
    We flew in from Bloomington, Ill on Sat and only stayed one night at the All-Stars..... when we returned on Thursday we spent 3 nights at the Bay Tower Contemporary...

    nope, dessert party was not included.... I have kept all of my e-mails...and I know that I paid for 5 people....

    I am originally from Springfield, Ill..... Mackinaw is a small town -about--1,800 people.....Springfield is an hour away(south)...... Bloomington is about 30 minutes away(southeast)- where my oldest daughter and family live....STATE FARM coroporate hdqs.; Lincoln, where my youngest daughter and family live- they were on the cruise...(south); and Peoria is about 25 minutes Northwest from here..... also, Morton - the Pumpkin Capital of the world.... is where they process all the pumpkins - Nestles owns it now.... Also in Bloomington is the Nestle-Beich Candy Factory...

    Have been to Mackinaw in Michigan - it is beautiful... would like to go back.

    My daughter got her Master's degree at the U of I.....

    This is what my e-mail said..... we did not stay in the hotel of choice....as we needed a family suite to make things easier..... but as you read it.... the viewing was FREE the Dessert for extra... but if stayed at a chosen hotel 2 people were free...... things need to be in writing a little bit better...


    Thanks for the note – let me clarify this because
    it has been a little confusing to me as well but think of this event as a package.
    Keep in mind too – you have to have a Park Ticket to get into
    Epcot in order to go the this event also.


    You are getting this invitation to the Viewing Event because yes
    you are all booked on the WDW cruise – only guests booked with us on
    the cruise are getting an invitation to the Viewing. However the
    Dessert Party itself is part of the package and does have a cost
    We are selling rooms with the Dessert party included, and yes, that
    is the only way to attend the event is to buy a pre-night room stay.

    It’s is going into Mid-High Season at Disney

    FOR EXAMPLE – we are selling this event as a package with room
    and dessert party. If there are two of you going, here is the cost to attend

    staying on night before hand at Pop Century. Other guests can come if
    they are booked in your room, but they have to pay for the event.
    Does that help you?
    Your package includes:
    ~ 1 nights at a select Disney Resort
    ~ Invitation for 2 guests to attend a VIP IllumiNations viewing
    & dessert party. (
    1 night min hotel required 2/26/11)
    ~ Disney's Magical Express
    ~ Room tax

    • Members of the Mouse Fan Travel team will be there to ensure your
      needs are taken care of AND we'll have a great time with you and other Mouse Fan's!
    _______________________________

    Check in: February 26, 2011
    Check out: February 27, 2011
    _______________________________

    Value Resort -
    Disney's Pop Century


    Standard view: $189.50 total for 2 guests
    ______________________________


  9. #24
    NancyIL is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    77

    Re: Quick comments on the Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by LUVdisny View Post
    We flew in from Bloomington, Ill on Sat and only stayed one night at the All-Stars..... when we returned on Thursday we spent 3 nights at the Bay Tower Contemporary...

    nope, dessert party was not included.... I have kept all of my e-mails...and I know that I paid for 5 people....

    I am originally from Springfield, Ill..... Mackinaw is a small town -about--1,800 people.....Springfield is an hour away(south)...... Bloomington is about 30 minutes away(southeast)- where my oldest daughter and family live....STATE FARM coroporate hdqs.; Lincoln, where my youngest daughter and family live- they were on the cruise...(south); and Peoria is about 25 minutes Northwest from here..... also, Morton - the Pumpkin Capital of the world.... is where they process all the pumpkins - Nestles owns it now.... Also in Bloomington is the Nestle-Beich Candy Factory...

    Have been to Mackinaw in Michigan - it is beautiful... would like to go back.

    My daughter got her Master's degree at the U of I.....
    It's too bad you paid for the dessert party and then weren't able to go. For me, they are a "been there, done that" type of event.

    I also flew from Bloomington! I like AirTran's non-stops to Orlando, and returned on Delta with a connection in Atlanta because it was the least expensive option. AirTran's return flights from Orlando have been pretty early (around 8-8:30 a.m.), and I don't like getting picked up by the airport shuttle at 5 a.m.!

    By the way - $189.50 for one night at Pop Century plus the dessert party for 2 people is a LOT of money!
    Last edited by NancyIL; 03-10-2011 at 08:01 PM.

  10. #25
    Dead Robot is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    13

    Re: Quick comments on the Dream

    Back on topic...

    DH and I are multiple Royal Caribbean cruisers and this was our first Disney Cruise. We made a promise to stick to one last cruise on RCL's Oasis and then never go back. Disney all the way!

    Pros:
    The service blew away any RCL ship. While most of the staff we came in contact with were "new" to Disney (most were new hires) and knew their stuff.

    We've no kids and while there were a ton of kids on the ship, we never felt overwhelmed. Adult areas were abundant and well monitored.

    Food was better than RCL's but smaller portions. Not a complaint, really - we could order more! Just noticed the sizes.

    Castaway Cay was way better than RCL's Labadee. The snorkeling was amazing and the adult beach was serene. The regular beach was busy but had a whole fun vibe on it.

    Cons:
    We were level 5, near the back. The music from Evolutions Nightclub was relentless until 2am. They need to address this issue - I am sure we werent the only cabin who complained. Thankfully we had strong nightcaps before going to bed!

    Embarktation was a bit of a cattle call, but I've been through worse. Pro tip: if your boarding number is something like 30 and they're calling #12, you don't need to crowd the entrance, stand well back and wait!

    9 out of 10 from us! Will rebook (through Beci!) again!
    Off to D23 in August!

  11. #26
    LUVdisny's Avatar
    LUVdisny is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mackinaw, Illinois
    Posts
    43

    Re: Quick comments on the Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
    It's too bad you paid for the dessert party and then weren't able to go. For me, they are a "been there, done that" type of event.

    I also flew from Bloomington! I like AirTran's non-stops to Orlando, and returned on Delta with a connection in Atlanta because it was the least expensive option. AirTran's return flights from Orlando have been pretty early (around 8-8:30 a.m.), and I don't like getting picked up by the airport shuttle at 5 a.m.!

    By the way - $189.50 for one night at Pop Century plus the dessert party for 2 people is a LOT of money!

    Well you mean we were traveling together and still don't know each other? We booked our flight 7/2010..
    We like the non-stop because my granddaughter is 3 - almost 4......

    we thought that was high also....so if you figure we needed two rooms...the deal at the All-Stars was $338... including the tickets....the family suite has a couch that makes into a bed....chaise that makes into a bed and ottoman that also makes into bed.... the other room had a queen bed..... had two bathrooms; small kitchenette...with microwave; fridge and coffeemaker.....the convenience of all of us being together worked out ---- but took forever to get a room!

    do you have fb account? there is a Lou's cruise fb account......

    did you stay on at WDW after cruise?

  12. #27
    NancyIL is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    77

    Re: Quick comments on the Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by LUVdisny View Post
    Well you mean we were traveling together and still don't know each other? We booked our flight 7/2010..
    We like the non-stop because my granddaughter is 3 - almost 4......

    we thought that was high also....so if you figure we needed two rooms...the deal at the All-Stars was $338... including the tickets....the family suite has a couch that makes into a bed....chaise that makes into a bed and ottoman that also makes into bed.... the other room had a queen bed..... had two bathrooms; small kitchenette...with microwave; fridge and coffeemaker.....the convenience of all of us being together worked out ---- but took forever to get a room!

    do you have fb account? there is a Lou's cruise fb account......

    did you stay on at WDW after cruise?
    I flew to Orlando on Feb. 24 on AirTran's morning non-stop, and stayed at Bonnet Creek (a Wyndham timeshare) 3 nights pre-cruise. When the cruise ended, my friend and I stayed at the Swan for 6 nights. I flew home yesterday afternoon on Delta. I'm not fond of Delta - but at least we had time for a leisurely breakfast, and I wandered around Epcot for an hour before Mears took us to the airport

    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Robot View Post
    Back on topic...

    DH and I are multiple Royal Caribbean cruisers and this was our first Disney Cruise. We made a promise to stick to one last cruise on RCL's Oasis and then never go back. Disney all the way!

    Pros:
    The service blew away any RCL ship. While most of the staff we came in contact with were "new" to Disney (most were new hires) and knew their stuff.
    I am also a multiple Royal Caribbean cruiser, but I don't agree that DCL's service blows away RCI's service. The worst dining room service I have had in 18 cruises (on 5 cruise lines) was on 2 of my 3 Disney cruises. I do agree that the food on the Dream was better than on my most recent RCI cruises in 2010.

    I could never be a "Disney all the way" cruiser, and my next 3 cruises are on Princess, Holland America, and Royal Caribbean. I booked 2 future Disney cruises while onboard the Dream, but I don't know when I will actually sail with them again.

  13. #28
    LUVdisny's Avatar
    LUVdisny is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mackinaw, Illinois
    Posts
    43

    Re: Quick comments on the Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
    I flew to Orlando on Feb. 24 on AirTran's morning non-stop, and stayed at Bonnet Creek (a Wyndham timeshare) 3 nights pre-cruise. When the cruise ended, my friend and I stayed at the Swan for 6 nights. I flew home yesterday afternoon on Delta. I'm not fond of Delta - but at least we had time for a leisurely breakfast, and I wandered around Epcot for an hour before Mears took us to the airport


    I am also a multiple Royal Caribbean cruiser, but I don't agree that DCL's service blows away RCI's service. The worst dining room service I have had in 18 cruises (on 5 cruise lines) was on 2 of my 3 Disney cruises. I do agree that the food on the Dream was better than on my most recent RCI cruises in 2010.

    I could never be a "Disney all the way" cruiser, and my next 3 cruises are on Princess, Holland America, and Royal Caribbean. I booked 2 future Disney cruises while onboard the Dream, but I don't know when I will actually sail with them again.

    This was my 1st cruise - so didn't know what to expect...... I really think a character breakfast needs to be added.

    My daughter came to take granddaughter to see the characters......there were several in line and the cast member said the line is closed.... if you wanted to see the characters you should have waited in line with the others..... I explained - can't you make one exception.... my gd is mildly autistic...... she repeated herself again..... you should have waited in line like the others.......Well, .........the Disney Cruise Line will know about this..... Disney makes concession for special needs children and adults......so Disney Cruise should follow suit....... When I mentioned this to some cast members.... they asked me if I knew the cast member's name and I didn't want to say.... but when I did..... I was told that she is like that......doesn't make any exceptions...... I hope she never has a family member that needs special attention...... I hope her little duck tail gets fried!

  14. #29
    zeusywoo's Avatar
    zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    12,033

    Re: Quick comments on the Dream

    Hello! Here is our view on our Dream Cruise! We saved a date for another!!!!!

    I have to say for our 1st cruise we absolutely loved it! We were very pleased with everything that Lou & Beci did to make everything very smooth. Our hotel stay at BC was fantastic, the POFQ the room was not up to our liking, not clean. Even after asking for items. We voiced our thoughts to the desk.

    Now for the main event the Disney Dream ship is so Magical! It has everything & more then you could ask for in a vacation destination. We didn't have little kids with us. But, the kids on board didn't bother us at all. You could be near them or not be near them. Everything was so clean, I know its a new ship but with all those people I am amazed at how Disney keeps the ship spotless. The shows were top notice. The food was delicious, we loved the small portions. Dh with his allergies did very well he had his own Chef for the cruise & he was terrific. The mates at our table were a joy to have with us! The shops were great to shop in, and the prices weren't out of this world as some told me from other cruises. The clubs were fun, we stopped in every night. DH & I didn't close them down but we were there late a few nights. Had fun so much fun with everyone.

    The option to rebook was a great deal so we saved a date for a future cruise. DD wants to go & so does her boyfriend. Can't wait to do it again!
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar







  15. #30
    zippitydoodah's Avatar
    zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Guelph, ON
    Posts
    1,176

    Re: Quick comments on the Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post
    Everything was so clean, I know its a new ship but with all those people I am amazed at how Disney keeps the ship spotless.
    Oh I forgot about that! about 75% if the time I used a public restroom they had someone cleaning them. They were spotless and so, so, so well taken care of, I was very impressed!

    I must say that I've noticed that it seems like a lot of people who had a lot of negative things to say before the cruise are the main ones who find a lot of negatives about the cruise... just something I've noticed, but maybe I'm wrong I know when I go into something with the idea that it won't be very good, I find more things to complain about.

    But then again, how can I complain when I was with my best friend, I was proposed to by my bf, and it was my very first cruise Everything and everyone was just so wonderful!! My single complaint of the whole trip is shutters, and really a lot of it was the cost which I've been told is a cruise ship standard (grrr!). I also cant afford to eat out at very nice restaurants often, so the food was so wonderful!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 388
    Last Post: 02-21-2011, 07:56 AM
  2. D23 Now Sponsoring One Man's Dream
    By disneyfanatic101 in forum Walt Disney World (WDW) News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-23-2009, 10:24 PM
  3. WDW Today Supports Dream Team Project
    By disneydame2004 in forum Dream Team Project
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 03:45 PM
  4. Chance to Win a Disney Parks 'Dream Job' Announced
    By Kellie19891992 in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 11:14 PM
  5. Dream Team Dollar-Thon
    By Lou Mongello in forum Dream Team Project
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-04-2006, 09:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •