Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Disney Cruise Line Discuss Quick comments on the Dream in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by Carolla I just got of the WDW Radio cruise. I am not going to really comment on the cruise as I assume there will be blow by ...
    dusten is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Quick comments on the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Carolla View Post
    I just got of the WDW Radio cruise.

I am not going to really comment on the cruise as I assume there will be blow by blow reporting on Lou's podcast

However, Lou says he "loves" the ship. Me?? well..

The Good!

Rainforest area in the Spa. LOVED IT! The hot tub addition was wonderful! It's peaceful and beautiful

Inside Room. I liked the porthole. Added light. However, seeing a Disney character was really hit or miss. I think I saw 4? Really they are pretty rare. I guess if you sat there and watch the thing 24/7 you would see more. The room was VERY small, I am not sure how a family of four managed, but as a solo it was great!

Ship. Beautiful and clean with lots of cool areas.

Interactive Art. You must do this, it's loads of fun!

Castaway Cay. Still very nice. And at 11 am I had not trouble finding a nice beach chair and even a hammock at the adult beach

Adult Pool. I was expecting very little so while I still find it not really what it should be, the chairs on the upper deck were nice and peaceful and I enjoyed it

Palo. AMAZING! Wonderful food, outstanding service, top notch all around!

Shows. Very good. Disney quality all the way around.

Debarkation. A breeze, just like on the Magic

The not so good

Embarkation.... That area is just too SMALL. I arrived at my Disney "assigned time" and that didn't help. The announcer kept telling us to remain seated until it was time for our boarding group which was funny as there were NO empty seats! IMHO that's become a nightmare

Meal Service. We appear to have had two new waiters. Hint... the first service should be done before the second seating and they barely made it two nights. (our last night the head waiter appeared to have told them we complained.. they moved us along at wrap speed, but I will take that over beyond slow) Disney would have made more money off me if the waiters had brough me a wine list. After I ordered the first night this should have been a clue! I did have a sit down breakfast at Royal Place with great service, but know of others who had the exact opposite expereince. IMHO this is If Disney can't provide the quality we expect they should quit charging the prices they expect

Response to issue... My TV was wired wrong. Only works if the porthole is on. In spite of both myself and the host telling people nothing was done (so if you get 2519 and your TV doesn't come on at night make sure your porthole is on!)

Shopping. If you don't want things with Mickey engraved on them your options are still limited on a Disney ship!

Family Pool area. That place was horrid just to walk through . I was SO glad I didn't have children. I don't really like sitting right on top of strangers. I don't like touching bodies in the pool etc.. There was no "swimming" just standing and splashing! VERY overcroweded IMHO People were dragging the outdoor dining chairs up from Cabanas to have places to sit....

Food Quality. It was good. It was not "outstanding" Some dishes were great, some were just so so, but I really don't think it rises to top notch. (except for Palo!)

Till we Meet Again Gather in the lobby for an autograph session... so I could have stood there for another half hour watching kids get autographs and thier MIGHT have been a show. Very much a let down from what I remember on the Magic.

The ship seems to me to have less "Disney Charm" then the Magic/Wonder. It's really a big box with Disney colors and touches on it, but it's still a big box ship IMHO. I am not sure I will do it again and I am really over the 4 night Nassau trip.

However, I did have a WONDERFUL shore excursion in Nassau. I did the Greycliff Wine and Cheese and it was great. If I ever do go back I am doing hte Greycliff Lunch. After meeting that chef during the wine event I would LOVE to try his food!

I have tenatively booked another Disney Cruise, but it's on the Wonder (and I am REALLY hoping for Europe in 2012 so I can transfer it there)
    I strongly agree with most of what you wrote. I must have spent 5 hours one day at the Rainforest Spa. IMO best deal on the ship at $16/day.
    I loved my verandah and how they opened to each other was genius... since more than 2 rooms don't attach inside we were able to go between our 3 rooms easily using the verandahs.
    There was excellent character time. The food was very different than our Wonder cruise in 2005. Portions smaller, less decadent (less heavy creams, oils, etc). I am especially healthy on vacation and appreciated the portion control, but service was not nearly as good. AquaDuck was a cool novelty meaning I only rode it once. The phones were terrible, but that's my only real complaint. The ship is beautiful!>)
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

Maturity is only a short break in adolescence.
    Friend me at www.facebook.com/dusten2
    Visit my website at www.dusten.cc

NICKY MOUSE is offline B-Ticket Holder

Hello all

Wife and I loved our first cruise ever. Had a great time on the Dream. Just asking those veteran crurisers was that last night normal for crossing the gulf stream or just rough due to ne high winds? We plan on doing it again even though we had to lay in bed the last night. The ship was spectacular.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    Walt Disney

WDW visits
    75 April Contemporary
    76 April Contemporary
    02 June Cabins Fort Wilderness
    05 Easter Fort Wilderness Camping
    06-07 New Years Riverside
    07-08 New Years Pop
    09 June Riverside
    09 18-23 Dec Pop
    10 5-9 Apr Pop
    10 11-20 June Camping Fort Wilderness
    10 Dec Polynesian
    11 Disney Dream Lou Cruise
    11 June Fort Wilderness
    11 Oct Bay Lake Tower
    12 Jan Pop
    12 June Bay Lake
    12 July Cruise to Canada On Magic
    12 Nov Lou's Cruise on Dream

NancyIL is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by NICKY MOUSE View Post
    Hello all

Wife and I loved our first cruise ever. Had a great time on the Dream. Just asking those veteran crurisers was that last night normal for crossing the gulf stream or just rough due to ne high winds? We plan on doing it again even though we had to lay in bed the last night. The ship was spectacular.
    Roughness on the first and last nights is pretty typical, in my experience. I don't think it was particularly rough, but then I take drugs for motion sickness.
    Last edited by NancyIL; 03-22-2011 at 02:59 PM.

shelbell77 is offline Deck 7 Cool Kid!

Last night roughness is more common than not on my cruises. Often they have pulled up the stabilizers to ensure getting back to port on time for disembarkation. What didn't make sense to me, is the captain pretty much sat without moving most of that last sea day...he could have slowly been working our way back to Port Canaveral during the day so there was less distance to cover that night.
    -----------------------------------------------

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

soarinsally is offline C-Ticket Holder

I think because we were moving so slow - 7knots - that it makes it seem a lot rougher than it is.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

I know my fiance said on the last cruise he went on it was that rough for the WHOLE trip, but that return cruisers he talked to on board said they had never felt it that rough. One couple had been on 6 cruises and said they had never ever felt it that bad (this was on his cruise where it was a comparable roughness). I sure am glad I don't get motion sickness of any kind though... I remember leaving the restaurant that night and walking down the little hall and seeing everyone in front one by one skitter across to the right, and then skitter across to the left haha

Wow..the only cruise I had that was rough the whole time was when I was on Pride of Aloha around Hawaii - and that was just due to the time of year (November). It was so bad when my mom was back two weeks later they missed Maui altogether. The waters are very rough there that time of year. But we had fun with it - fortunately neither the friend I was traveling with or me get sea sick!

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

NancyIL is offline B-Ticket Holder

I felt the motion, but didn't think it was very rough. Maybe I was in bed too early - LOL!

LUVdisny is offline A-Ticket holder

I asked the sales person in one of the shops if it is normally this rough.... she told me that is usually a little rough going back - but that this was time it was REALLy rough....

I couldn't believe that I had such a hard time walking...... "like a drunken sailor".....I know some people couldn't stay in the dining room and left to go lie down..... At night I kept feeling like someone would sit on my bed...... eiry feeling!

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Comments on the Dream: Long but Insightful!

Quote Originally Posted by HappyGrumpy View Post

Palo; 10
    Server was Dragan (pronounced Dragon) from Croatia spoke fluent english italian, german, spanish and a little french. He has been with DCL since 2000 and you should request him as he is A MA ZING!
    I am terrible with names. My Mom and I had the best server at our Palo High Tea on the Wonder this past December. He was moving over to the Dream after some vacation time back home in Croatia.

Is this Dragan? (w/my Mom)

(If not, do you have a picture?)
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

TXTaylor5-
    That kind of looks like Nikola to me. We had him in main dining room on the Wonder in 2010.

CIMG1444 by Shelbell1977, on Flickr

We had Hristo from Croatia for brunch, tea, and dinner in Palo on that cruise. He was Amazing.

CIMG1395 by Shelbell1977, on Flickr
    Last edited by shelbell77; 07-29-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by shelbell77 View Post
    TXTaylor5-
    That kind of looks like Nikola to me. We had him in main dining room on the Wonder in 2010.

CIMG1444 by Shelbell1977, on Flickr
    That's it Nikola! I am terrible with names. Wasn't he great? He was VERY attentive during our High Tea.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

I'm going on the Disney Fantasy on the 8th September 2012 for my honeymoon. As a first time cruiser, all these reviews have been very helpful!
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234