Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Disney Cruise Line Discuss WDW Radio Dream Cruise 2.0!!! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; For those of you that were on the last podcast cruise, can you give any tips/pointers to us newbies? Should we leave most of our schedule open so we are ...
    2_Eagle_Mom is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: WDW Radio Dream Cruise 2.0!!!

For those of you that were on the last podcast cruise, can you give any tips/pointers to us newbies? Should we leave most of our schedule open so we are able to hit all of the activities that might be planned? Are there any good trip reports that you suggest we read to get a good idea of what went on during the last trip?

I really love the planning portion of a vacation and would love to get into the meat of it, but don't want to miss out on things either.

Thanks for your help!

Kungaloosh!!

Jane

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DVC Member since 1993

cindymouse6 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Excited you are joining us! We left our schedule open. And Lou and the gang didn't take excursions ---- we all met at the Aquaduck during port and it was great! We also met on Castaway Cay at a certain time as well and got a group pix.... it was a great experience and the most enjoyable cruise we have been on. I enjoyed meeting new friends, many I still connect with via facebook. some are going on this cruise as well! So, don't overplan is my advice. Lou and the gang are entertainment enough
    cindymouse6
    DVC members Old Key West, Beach Club, Bay Lake Towers
    30+ visits and still adding them on!
    New Years 2014, WDW marathon weekend 2014, Bay lake MK view 2014, Food and wine Festival 2014 Premium annual passholder!!!!

D1znee is offline A-Ticket holder

Really can't wait lol as it will be our honeymoon and we get 3 weeks at WDW with this cruise should be a laff and hope to make a ton of new friends, those who like star wars just wait , as 4 members of the 501st will be on the ship, are there anymore .....

Idaho Ghosthost is offline A-Ticket holder

We will be sailing on WDW Radio cruise 2.0 with Lou, because we had so much fun the first time around! Leaving the kids at home so we have a little more R& R. Booked on deck 12 in cabin 12016!

fibelmail is offline A-Ticket holder

We have jumped on board this morning! Some quick intros to my future friends. We are Stephen and Mary Fibelkorn form Delaware Ohio. We are Disney fanatics much like I am sure you all are. We spend approximately 3 to 4 weeks a year in the parks, but recently started with the idea of Cruising. Did the Magic back in January, and are now booked for the WDW Lou Cruise in November, A Christmas Dream cruise with the kids, and the Magic Trans-Atlantic in May of 2012.

We have never done a group cruise, so I look forward to hearing of all the activity's to come.
    Name:  MaryLou.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  64.4 KB <== We met Lou at the Downtown Disney Legoland back in January
    Raised my kids where the Good Lord blessed! In the Kingdoms, both East and West!
    ================================================== ====
    Magic Transatlantic 05/13; BLT 02/12; Dream Bahamas 12/12; Dream Bahamas 11/12; OKW 05/12; Magic Eastern Caribbean 01/12; OKW 01/12; AKV 10/11; OKW 09/11; BWV 3/11; Paradise Pier 10/10; Tokyo Disney 03/08; [Way to many to remember]; DVC Member 01/06; [Way to many to remember];Honeymoon@WDW 7/1989;

Welcome Stephen and Mary! what deck will you be on? You will have a BLAST cruising with a group. We got so much more out of the trip as a group.... being with other Disney-philes is really cool! This will be our 5th Disney cruise and we are bringing all 4 kids on this trip --- we had to "test" out the Dream back in Feb. to make sure it was "safe" for the kids LOL... you guys go to the parks a lot! You'll enjoy the access to characters on board is much better on the cruise and you'll see characters you don't normally see in the parks. Our kids have been on 2 Christmas cruises and it is magical at Christmas! Bring lots of money for pix! What is your DVC home resort? We belong to 3 DVC's.
    cindymouse6
    New Years 2014, WDW marathon weekend 2014, Bay lake MK view 2014, Food and wine Festival 2014 Premium annual passholder!!!!

fibelmail is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks Cindymouse! Not sure what deck as we were told it was an oceanview guarantee on deck 6, 7 or 8. This is first cruise every that I have not selected my cabin. Really enjoyed Magic more than previous cruises on other lines. Character meets are infrequent for us now... Oldest daughter is serving in the Navy and youngest is attending Ohio State. Mary and I enjoy the parks for the hidden history and surprise finds. We own at Bay Lake and Saratoga, but have stayed everywhere except Wilderness Lodge (never seem to find an opening). We are going back to park in May and I was looking to pick up garb for pirate night that I was lacking on the Magic.
    Raised my kids where the Good Lord blessed! In the Kingdoms, both East and West!
    ================================================== ====
    Magic Transatlantic 05/13; BLT 02/12; Dream Bahamas 12/12; Dream Bahamas 11/12; OKW 05/12; Magic Eastern Caribbean 01/12; OKW 01/12; AKV 10/11; OKW 09/11; BWV 3/11; Paradise Pier 10/10; Tokyo Disney 03/08; [Way to many to remember]; DVC Member 01/06; [Way to many to remember];Honeymoon@WDW 7/1989;

WL is beautiful... keep trying to get in there! Lucky you having grown kids --- even tho I am enjoying our 4 an awful lot right now. We had to have adjoining rooms so couldn't get a guarantee. But it is so much fun to cruise with other Disney fans .. and Richard Sherman joining our gang... what a treat that will be. Good idea getting pirate garb before the cruise. will do the same ... look forward to meeting you guys!
    cindymouse6

ziggy is offline A-Ticket holder

Jerry & Loni: We're in!!! we will be joining the Deck 8 Crew. Looking forward to our third Disney cruise and our 2nd Lou cruise!! Big shout out to Lou and his team for booking Richard Sherman to join us. Really looking forward to the cruise. http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/image...ies/laugh4.gif

ajwiseman09 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Hey guys. I am getting super excited about this cruise!! One thing that I was wondering is if anyone will be doing the fish extender gift swap thing?? I have read lots of forums about how much fun it is and that they did it on the last cruise! So, any insight into how it works and if we need to sign up anywhere??

Cruising during the election!!
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." Walt Disney

Prior to 1998-Offsite (2 trips)
    2000-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2001-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2006-Offsite (3)
    10/10/09-10/17-Coronado Springs (Honeymoon) (6)
    12/31/09-1/4/10-All Star Movies (New Years) (3)
    10/7/10-10/16-Wilderness Lodge (1st Ann.) (8)
    11/24/10-11/28-Lighthouse Keys (2)
    3/9/11-3/15/11-LK & PO Riverside (5)
    7/29/11-8/6/11- LK and Disney Dream (3)
    9/2/11-9/6/11- LK (4)
    12/31-1/6/12 - LK and Carribbean Beach (7)
    3/29-4/2 - Pop Century (3)
    7/27-7/30 - LK (4)
    11/1-11/11 - Poly, Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Dream (5)
    5/23/13-5/27 - LK (5)
    8/3-811 - Disneyland (4)

Total Days in Disney Parks: 72

2_Eagle_Mom is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by ajwiseman09 View Post
    Hey guys. I am getting super excited about this cruise!! One thing that I was wondering is if anyone will be doing the fish extender gift swap thing?? I have read lots of forums about how much fun it is and that they did it on the last cruise! So, any insight into how it works and if we need to sign up anywhere??

I was wondering the same thing. I thought that I heard somewhere that extenders would be given out to everyone, but I wasn't sure if there would be a swap set up among the cruisers. I would imagine it would be difficult to do it unless it was just by deck.

I hadn't even realized that we would be cruising on election day. Absentee ballot here I come!

Kungaloosh!!

Jane

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DVC Member since 1993

DisneyAng is offline A-Ticket holder

Post Re: WDW Radio Dream Cruise 2.0!!!

We are first time Disney cruisers. We are thinking about bringing our 11-month old son in November on the Disney Dream. Any pointers that anyone might have are greatly appreciated. Should we have diapers, wipes, stroller, crib delivered to our stateroom? Which Deck will WDW Radio be staying on.

Please let us know.

DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

Just wondering if anyone would like to get a group together to try out Remy's. I don't mind going alone (as a single parent), but would love to go with new friends.

lazydazy8 is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by ajwiseman09 View Post

Would you explain what the fish extender is??

We are first time cruisers! My hubby, daughter (12), son (10) and me! We are in stateroom 2034 .

I am eager to learn everything this cruise will offer so that we are fully packed and prepared!! Hoping you guys can shed some light on the excursions and the other details like this fish extender(???)!

ajwiseman09 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I don't know how to add a picture to the forums But, if you search for Disney Fish Extenders, you will find them on a whole bunch of boards. There is a "fish" (however, they can also be other little sea animals) outside your stateroom doors (its a clip-type thing) and people (mostly Disney) will leave information in them. If you have reservations for the Spa or just other information you need to know. So, the fish extender is a little pocketed hanging thing. The cool part is when a big group goes, then they do a gift-swap type thing. There is a listing of all the people participating and you leave little gifts in each person's extender. This is all from what I have read (I just really want to get a big group together or join one). The gifts can be homemade or just inexpensive things. Like I mentioned, search for Fish Extenders and you will get a whole bunch of information.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." Walt Disney

Prior to 1998-Offsite (2 trips)
    2000-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2001-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2006-Offsite (3)
    10/10/09-10/17-Coronado Springs (Honeymoon) (6)
    12/31/09-1/4/10-All Star Movies (New Years) (3)
    10/7/10-10/16-Wilderness Lodge (1st Ann.) (8)
    11/24/10-11/28-Lighthouse Keys (2)
    3/9/11-3/15/11-LK & PO Riverside (5)
    7/29/11-8/6/11- LK and Disney Dream (3)
    9/2/11-9/6/11- LK (4)
    12/31-1/6/12 - LK and Carribbean Beach (7)
    3/29-4/2 - Pop Century (3)
    7/27-7/30 - LK (4)
    11/1-11/11 - Poly, Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Dream (5)
    5/23/13-5/27 - LK (5)
    8/3-811 - Disneyland (4)

Total Days in Disney Parks: 72

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast