Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Disney Cruise Line Discuss WDW Radio Dream Cruise 2.0!!! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I finally convinced my wife that we NEEDED to go on this cruise. It will be our fourth cruise with Disney. We leave in 3 weeks for a Fantasy Eastern ...
    HeyHeyJP is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: WDW Radio Dream Cruise 2.0!!!

I finally convinced my wife that we NEEDED to go on this cruise. It will be our fourth cruise with Disney. We leave in 3 weeks for a Fantasy Eastern Caribbean. But I just couldn't pass up this opportunity. Booking is in the process of being completed.

Can't wait to see Lou, as he grew up in the town next to mine and I owned a grooming shop in his town, but he was just a kid then I suppose.

Regarding Fish Extenders - I thought that was something that was only done by members of one of the other boards. I've taken care of the FE list for one cruise, I'm taking care of the list for our upcoming May 2012 and May 2013 cruises. I guess it wouldn't be appropriate to link to another board here, so I'll let you all just Google about it. It is fun coming back to your stateroom during or at the end of the day and finding some small gifts from other FE participants. And delivering YOUR gifts sure gives you a workout and a nice exploration of the ship.

Hope you don't mind two old folks with young hearts joining!

John and Pam
    Last edited by HeyHeyJP; 04-25-2012 at 02:32 PM.

cindymouse6 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Welcome aboard! Look forward to meeting you! We were on the last cruise with Lou and we LOVED the Fish Extenders. We got into making stuff at home and sharing with our deck and some new friends. This will be our 5th cruise and we are actually bringing the kids this time they held us hostage until we agreed to! LOL
    cindymouse6
    DVC members Old Key West, Beach Club, Bay Lake Towers
    30+ visits and still adding them on!
    New Years 2014, WDW marathon weekend 2014, Bay lake MK view 2014, Food and wine Festival 2014 Premium annual passholder!!!!

elbug10 is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking Re: WDW Radio Dream Cruise 2.0!!!

We're IN!!!! This will be a Girl's Cruise with my BFF, Kelly. We've never cruised before, so this will be quite an experience for 2 girls from the Sticks in Central NY State. We're both Disney fans, obviously, me moreso than Kelly. I can't get enough WDW info while Kelly enjoys the Disney magic but isn't quite as addicted to it as I am. She's been to WDW once while I've been 10 times! She doesn't listen to the Podcast, so has NO idea what I'm dragging her into, haha!

Just made our deposit today for a Category 8D. Will update with room info once we get it.

Is it November yet?

Aileenwb is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi all!

We just booked today and will have quite a crew with us...me, my husband, and our 4 year old, my parents, and my brother and his wife and three kids! We are so looking forward to it and would love to do a Fish Extender Exchange!

Can't wait to see all that Lou and Co. have planned!
    Aileen

HeyHeyJP is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Aileenwb View Post
    Hi all!

We just booked today and will have quite a crew with us...me, my husband, and our 4 year old, my parents, and my brother and his wife and three kids! We are so looking forward to it and would love to do a Fish Extender Exchange!

Can't wait to see all that Lou and Co. have planned!
    Aileen
    Hi Aileen! Pop over to the other board to sign up for the Fish Extenders. I'm keeping the list, and there are folks that will doing the FE that aren't part of this group.
    Upcoming trips: May 2013 Fantasy Western Caribbean / August 2013 OKW / Nov 2013 WDWRadio Fantasy Cruise / May 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean

DisneyAng is offline A-Ticket holder

Does anyone know what snack places are included on the cruise.

You have your 3 rotating restaurants for dinner and lunch I am assuming but how about the snacks and ice cream like Lou was talking about on his most recent podcast?

Sorry we are first time Disney cruisers.

TheLionKing is offline C-Ticket Holder

Good news, all of the snack places mentioned are included Flo's V8 Cafe on deck 11 will be open from around 11 for burgers, chicken strips, hot dogs, fries, paninis, salads, fruit, chips pizza, after about 11pm you will be able to get pizza until just after midnight, just walk up and ask for whatever you want (and as much as you want lol) The 'eye' scream station is open from about 11am to 11pm, again just walk up and help yourself (tip get a cup from the beverage station to fill up )
    There are also 24hr beverage stations on deck 11 for you to help yourself to Coke products and tea and coffee.
    There will be one of the main dining rooms open for breakfast, brunch and lunch as well as Cabanas.
    There are also snacks available around the ship at various times of the day like in Cove Cafe and in the District.
    Room service is also available 24 hours a day for burgers, sandwiches, pizza's, salads etc, drinks and candy incur a charge from room service but the 'menu' food is free but have a few $ for a tip for the person who brings it.
    Basically the only food you would pay for onboard would be candy/snacks outside the cinema or if you dined at Remy or Palo (and they are a service charge not for the food)
    See you onboard and go hungry

D1znee is offline A-Ticket holder

Heard the Cruise question podcast and " WE CANT WAIT " lol

disneykaren is offline A-Ticket holder

Just listened to the Cruise 2.0 podcast and we are very excited. For those with laundry questions... I have done laundry on all the ships (it's a hobby!) The TSA does not look fondly on those bringing a baggie of quarters through security. I did it and was promptly moved to the line for suspicious cargo. The Wonder and Magic used to have coin operated machines but now they all use only your room key. You can buy detergent or bring your own, those little H/E tablets are really handy. Dryer sheet are also easy to pack. It's nice when everyone uses laundry etiquette! Set a timer and return to those machines when they have finished so others can use them too. The Fantasy and Dream are so large that it is a good idea to look at a map for your closest laundry room. I used the one on our floor which was at the direct opposite end of the ship from our cabin. I made a total of 8 round trips and on those large ships that is quite a walk. It does have an up side because it burns a lot of calories so you can justify 2 desserts. However, had I checked a deck plan, I would have seen that the nearest one was actually on the deck above ours and down that hall about 20 feet. Early mornings or shore days are generally less crowded. If you plan to visit WDW before or after the cruise, it is nice not to have to pack luggage with all the clothes you would need so laundry is an option.

disneykaren is offline A-Ticket holder

For those wanting Remy or Palo reservations, we found that on our Fantasy cruise the web site showed everything sold out. When we boarded the ship and asked about this, we were directed to the Meridian where they had 2 lines, one for each, and we were able to get our reservation there. They had many times and days available.

NJChristy is offline A-Ticket holder

Fish extender clarification!!!!

Hi, everyone!!
    Just wanted to clarify the Fish Extender exchange for the AMAZING WDW Radio Cruise 2.0 that Lou is planning. We will be asking for those interested in participating to send in their information in the next couple weeks.
    We also will have blog posts with ideas, hints, and tips about the fish extender.
    The only way to participate in the WDW Radio Fish Extender exchange will be to register with us in the next couple weeks.
    We know this is going to be a fun activity and an amazing way for us to spread the Disney magic!
    I hope this helps. Feel free to ask questions here or on the blog in the upcoming weeks!!
    Christy

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder

What's a fish extender?
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Fish extender clarification!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NJChristy View Post
    Hi, everyone!!
    Just wanted to clarify the Fish Extender exchange for the AMAZING WDW Radio Cruise 2.0 that Lou is planning. We will be asking for those interested in participating to send in their information in the next couple weeks.
    We also will have blog posts with ideas, hints, and tips about the fish extender.
    The only way to participate in the WDW Radio Fish Extender exchange will be to register with us in the next couple weeks.
    We know this is going to be a fun activity and an amazing way for us to spread the Disney magic!
    I hope this helps. Feel free to ask questions here or on the blog in the upcoming weeks!!
    Christy

Please sign myslef and my 3 kids up. I have no idea what we're signing up for, other than a "gift exchange" of sorts, so it would be great to explain things for first timers.

DisneyAng is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Fish extender clarification!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DVCDad View Post
    Please sign myslef and my 3 kids up. I have no idea what we're signing up for, other than a "gift exchange" of sorts, so it would be great to explain things for first timers.
    We are First Time Disney Cruisers.
    Where can we register to be a part of the Fish Extender?

NJChristy is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi, everyone!
    The fish extender is simply a way to do a small gift exchange on the ship. We will be posting a series of blogs within the next 2 weeks that explain everything: how to register, how to make an extender, sample ideas for gift items, how to involve the kids, etc. If you are joining us on the cruise, you should really consider joining in the fun! I will post a link to the blogs as soon as they are published!!
    Have a magical weekend!!
    ~Christy

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast