Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Disney Cruise Line Discuss Deck 7 Cool Kids 2.0 in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Saw Blue Man Group tonight. Very interesting and high energy. We were in the 3rd row, stage right. Saw everything up close and personal. Luckily we weren't singled out. I ...
    goofypal is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Deck 7 Cool Kids 2.0

Saw Blue Man Group tonight. Very interesting and high energy. We were in the 3rd row, stage right. Saw everything up close and personal. Luckily we weren't singled out.

I made our reservations today for 7 nights at the Tree House Villas for next March. One benefit of having Saratoga Springs as the DVC home resort. We are taking a family from church for their first trip to WDW. Their kids (will be 13 and 2) are our "adopted" grandkids. It will be so much fun.

And then only another 6 months of waiting for the cruise!
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

That sounds like fun! I've always wanted to see Blue Man Group.

And I've always wanted to stay in the Treehouse Villas. Someday I will with some friends.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Only 16 days of school left (all the teachers are really looking to the end of school this year - the kids seem to be getting worse each year - I have never written so many office referrals), then heading to WDW for 5 nights at Villas at Wilderness Lodge with DD on our 5th annual father/daughter trip.

We are going to see Harry Potter land one day, and do the Keys to the Kingdom tour on another. Anyone done either?
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

Okay, I'm seeing lots of new names in the Deck 7 Cool Kids list, and I don't know you. We need to share some info so we can find out what we have in common besides the love of the mouse and Lou. I know that at least one couple is from over the pond. Last cruise we had lots of Cool Kids from the Great White North (that would be Canada to the uninformed).

We are Paul and Lisa Houk. We have cabin 7690, again, - at the very back of the ship. We live in Montgomery, AL. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise, and second without kids. We went on Lou's first cruise, and had a great time. We enjoyed our room service breakfast every morning on the veranda. This time we may even make it to Evolutions some nights. The Disney Dream was incredible. I can't wait to enjoy it again.

I am originally from Virginia, graduated from high school in Long Island, New York, and went to college in Colorado. Lisa grew up in northern Ohio, but spent every summer on Cape Cod, Massachusetts, and went to college in Iowa. We met in Lexington, Mass and were married there 25+ years ago. I am retired Air Force, and I now teach 1st grade as my second career. I am also the unpaid pastor of a small church. Lisa is the bookkeeper at the same school, so we commute together each day. Needless to say, this cruise is not during a school break - that is why they give us personal days each year. Plus, I'll probably be sick when I have to leave the ship.

We have a DS and DD that are both in college. DD is a Disney fanatic, so she'll be extremely mad that she can't go.

Anyway, that's a short intro. I hope to hear from other Deck 7 Cool Kids.
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

Paul, Erin and I did the Keys tour on our honeymoon so that was almost 15 years ago. I think I heard it's changed some but it was a lot of fun. We went into the utilidors and I'm still scarred by the things I saw. Let's just say we saw Hook and Pooh but not all of them if you know what I mean.

Have fun!

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Hello!!

My name is Jamie, I am 31 years old from the south-eastern suburbs of Chicago. I currently am not working, but I have worked in retail/customer service for over 10 years. I have a beautiful DD named Kayla who is 4 yo.

I have been a Disney fan ever since I can remember!! My favorite characters are: Eeyore, Belle, Stitch, and Dopey!! My favorite WDW park is Magic Kingdom!! I have been there over 20 times, and still haven't seen all the details/hidden treasures...thank goodness for LOU!! I have a dream to be a CM...hopefully all my previous work experince will eventually pay off!!

I am so excited to be going on this cruise with my DD (4 now, 6 at cruise time) and my mom!! This will be my very first cruise ever, as well as my DD's!! My mom has cruised before on Carnival, but that was over 15 years ago!! I am most looking forward to the Aqua Duck!! and meeting Lou and all my friends!!

Have a magical day!! TTFN!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Cassidy has her first big band concert last night. Very proud of her!!

shelbell77 is offline Deck 7 Cool Kid!

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore79 View Post
    Hello!!

My name is Jamie, I am 31 years old from the south-eastern suburbs of Chicago. I currently am not working, but I have worked in retail/customer service for over 10 years. I have a beautiful DD named Kayla who is 4 yo.

I have been a Disney fan ever since I can remember!! My favorite characters are: Eeyore, Belle, Stitch, and Dopey!! My favorite WDW park is Magic Kingdom!! I have been there over 20 times, and still haven't seen all the details/hidden treasures...thank goodness for LOU!! I have a dream to be a CM...hopefully all my previous work experince will eventually pay off!!

I am so excited to be going on this cruise with my DD (4 now, 6 at cruise time) and my mom!! This will be my very first cruise ever, as well as my DD's!! My mom has cruised before on Carnival, but that was over 15 years ago!! I am most looking forward to the Aqua Duck!! and meeting Lou and all my friends!!

Have a magical day!! TTFN!!
    Hi Jamie! Where in the SE burbs are you from? Moms in Naperville now but we lived in Hazel Crest and Country Club Hills when I was younger. I'm mid 30s and will be cruising with mom.
    -----------------------------------------------

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

Quote Originally Posted by shelbell77 View Post
    Hi Jamie! Where in the SE burbs are you from? Moms in Naperville now but we lived in Hazel Crest and Country Club Hills when I was younger. I'm mid 30s and will be cruising with mom.

we are as far south as you can get in chicago city limits. we are in a area known as hegewisch. the closest cities to me are calumet city, lansing, dolton...i am about 25 min from cch and hc!!

What's everyone been up to??

Not too much. Trying to get by. Been unemployed for a little over a month now, so just been focusing on DD4 and taking care of some health issues with myself (teeth pulled, foot problems). I started working out last month, I am down about 8 lbs so far!! yippie!! Hoping to loose at least 25-30lbs by August this year, and by the cruise next year I want to loose a lot more than that!! Oh, and looking for a new job. Working today on my resume again and a few applications.

Been enjoying our beautiful weather here in Chicago the past few days. Supposed to of gotten some storms, but nothing come through my way yet.

Thinking of going this weekend to the downtown Chicago Disney Store with DD4 and doing a "Disney" hunt of different things that remind me of Disney! haha Anything to keep Disney magic alive for us!!

How about everyone else?

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Not much going on here either, school is finally out for the summer and I am enjoying the free time. I'm looking forward to going on vacation in a couple of months, even if it isn't to WDW (this time). I get to make ADRs in a few weeks for our December trip and we're hoping to try some new places. I'm ready for some of that yummy Disney food!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

Only 9 school days left, and trying to keep the students under control and occupied.

DD arrives in a week from college (in Iowa) and in another week we head to the world for 5 days.

We are enjoying the early summer weather - but then I guess Chicago is enjoying the heat also. Snow a month ago, and now temps in the 80s and 90s?

Your daughter will love the cruise. Plenty of activities to keep her busy.

Hope you enjoy the trip to the Disney Store. I wish we still had ours here.

Anyway...everyone have a great Disney day!
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

It finally got warm here but too fast. One day it's 50 and the next 80. But I shouldn't complain because the sun is finally out. Although we are getting rain this weekend.

I should've been in WDW right now for the scavenger hunt and D23 event but had to cancel my trip. Kinda bumming!

soarinsally is offline C-Ticket Holder

I know it ****s. I had planned on going as well. But unfortunately things just didn't work out this time.

Yes we are supposed to have rain here this weekend as well and hubby is running a Marathon on Sunday. Won't be much fun in the rain. Hopefully it holds off or doesn't rain too hard.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast