Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Cruise Line Discuss First time Disney cruiser in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I will be going on the Dream in July. It will be our first Disney cruise. If you can answer some questions it would be very helpful! 1. Are breakfast ...
    RollTideMickey is offline A-Ticket holder

First time Disney cruiser

I will be going on the Dream in July. It will be our first Disney cruise. If you can answer some questions it would be very helpful!

1. Are breakfast rotational dinning also?

2. What are some good choices on castaway cat for shore excursions? (It will just be two adults cruising.)

3. Do they have the same desserts as in the parks? carrot cake cookies mmmm

4. How long were the lines for the aquaduck?

5. Last question..Has anyone eaten at Remys or Palo, which one to choose?!

shelbell77 is offline Deck 7 Cool Kid!

Re: First time Disney cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by RollTideMickey View Post
    I will be going on the Dream in July. It will be our first Disney cruise. If you can answer some questions it would be very helpful!

1. Are breakfast rotational dinning also?

NOPE - check your navigator. breakfast is avail daily at Cabanas and then a restaurant is usually open too. Your navigator will say where and what time.

2. What are some good choices on castaway cat for shore excursions? (It will just be two adults cruising.)

Personally - we like laying at Serenity Beach mostly. But we do rent bikes and ride them a bit.

3. Do they have the same desserts as in the parks? carrot cake cookies mmmm

Nope, unique desserts. There are some websites that can show you the menu's from the restaurants so you can see what the entree and dessert options are. Just google Disney Dream Menu's and you should find some.

4. How long were the lines for the aquaduck?

We went the day we were at Castaway Cay...right when it opened for the day around noon. Never more than 2-3 people in front of us. Later in the day as people started getting back on the ship it got longer. I haven't heard of anyone waiting more than about 30 minutes even on busier cruises.

5. Last question..Has anyone eaten at Remys or Palo, which one to choose?!
    We do Palo every time for dinner, and like brunch & tea if we can get it as well. Haven't done Remy yet. I'm too picky and skeptical about what I would eat. Though if I did go I'd totally do the wine paring too. But Palo is a must do in my book - their chocolate souffle is to die for!
    -----------------------------------------------

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

For castaway cay we rented bikes which was surprisingly a TON of fun! Something about riding an old school bike around an island in the bahamas (we did it first thing before it got too hot) was just a great experience. We also brought our own snorkel stuff the area is pretty big so it took us about 45 minutes to just swim out and back again. I'm not sure how much it costs to rent stuff though... but we don't enjoy just laying there on a beach (booooring) so it was lots of fun for us. Serenity Bay looked nice if you do like to just relax, it just wasn't our thing and looked a bit too boring for us.

1. Are breakfast rotational dinning also? Not it's not. We ordered room service breakfast every morning since we aren't big breakfast eaters.

2. What are some good choices on castaway cat for shore excursions? (It will just be two adults cruising.) We planned on doing the snorkeling off the catamaran but it was too windy that day and it got canceled. We just enjoyed the day relaxing on the beach.

3. Do they have the same desserts as in the parks? carrot cake cookies mmmm I didn't see any of those gross cookies but the desserts were all yummy!

4. How long were the lines for the aquaduck? Depends on the time of day. Try and go when people get off at Nassau or even during dinner. One night there was no line at all.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com