Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Cruise Line Discuss What's included (likely the first of many questions) in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question. I have been on the Disney Cruise website as well as the viewed the planning video. I understand there are ...
    eeyore1974 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Question What's included (likely the first of many questions)

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question.

I have been on the Disney Cruise website as well as the viewed the planning video. I understand there are two restaurants where the dining is not included in the price of the cruise (which is cool, as a company, they've gotta do, what they gotta do) However, the details seem kinda fuzzy when it comes to what else is extra as far as meals, snacks go. Are you limited to 3 meals a day, or can the kids get snacks mid-day as part of the cruise price, or are snacks additional. Also, I understand beverages are not included. I have never cruised before (terrified of water, but because it's a Disney Cruise, I am willing to put on my big girl undies and try something new).

As far as shore excursions go, what should I expect as additional fees (family of four, kids ages 6 and 8 likely at time of travel).

I am just trying to get an idea of the total cost of the cruise, rather than just the rate to be paid to the Disney Travel Company before setting sail.

I appreciate any and all advice you have to offer.

April 2001 - All Star Movies
    September 2002 - All Star Music
    May 2004 - Pop Century
    October 2006 - All Star Movies
    October 2008 - Pop Century (1 night solo tour)
    June 2010 - Pop Century

Hope to be taking a Cruise on Disney Magic in 2012...fingers crossed.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: What's included (likely the first of many questions)

You might want to give MouseFan Travel a call or check their website. They can help.

I have been on the Disney Cruise website as well as the viewed the planning video. I understand there are two restaurants where the dining is not included in the price of the cruise (which is cool, as a company, they've gotta do, what they gotta do) However, the details seem kinda fuzzy when it comes to what else is extra as far as meals, snacks go. Are you limited to 3 meals a day, or can the kids get snacks mid-day as part of the cruise price, or are snacks additional. Also, I understand beverages are not included. I have never cruised before (terrified of water, but because it's a Disney Cruise, I am willing to put on my big girl undies and try something new).

Ok Remy and Palo would be the only restuarants you have to pay for. All the others are included. There is food at the quick serve places up on the pool deck and I believe there are always open. Plus ice cream!!

Beverages such as pop are at a station that you can get at any time. Alcoholic beverages are additional. If you would order water or pop for room service there is a fee for that.

As far as shore excursions go, what should I expect as additional fees (family of four, kids ages 6 and 8 likely at time of travel).

Shore excursions vary in price. Pricing is on the DCL website.

Hope this helps!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

I ate so much food on the cruise... one day I had room service breakfast, a sit-down breakfast, lunch, dinner, and then a room service meal late at night. On top of that we would frequently split chicken fingers and fries when we were by the pool.

In addition to that, you can order however much you want at the meals. Can't decide between two entrees? Get them both! You can also ask for side-serving sizes... sometimes I would get a meal but then I really wanted to try a pasta so I would ask for a side-serving of it. as you can imagine I gained like 10 pounds on this trip :S haha

You can really pay as much or as little as you want in terms of excursions. We spent a total of $6 each on excursions... when we were at Castaway Cay (Disney's private island) we rented bikes for $6 which was a LOT of fun, and then we had our own snorkel stuff so snorkeling was free. On the day when we were in Nassau we chose to just get off the ship for a bit and walk around and shop/browse, but mostly we just stayed on the ship because there was so much to do. If you want to do something like the atlantis resort waterpark though, be prepared to spend quite a bit of money. I had a friend who went on a different Cruiseline at the same time as my Disney Cruise, and she said she couldn't believe how pressured she felt into doing excursions... I must say that I never felt like that at all and never really had anyone approach me about them. It was quite the stretch to even afford the cruise in the first place for us, so we did one nice dinner that cost extra plus the $6 bikes and that was all the money we spent the entire cruise (besides some souvenirs).

eeyore1974 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thank you all for the great information. @Zippitydoodah, I am happy to hear that you did not feel pressure to the excursions. Its my thought that there (appears) to be so much to do on the cruise that I would want to take in as much as possible on the boat. Days that everyone else is on shore, might be quieter to do some things on the boat. Thanks again!

April 2001 - All Star Movies
    September 2002 - All Star Music
    May 2004 - Pop Century
    October 2006 - All Star Movies
    October 2008 - Pop Century (1 night solo tour)
    June 2010 - Pop Century

Hope to be taking a Cruise on Disney Magic in 2012...fingers crossed.