Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Cruise Line Discuss Ground Transportation in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Hello All, I am taking a cruise on the Disney Dream in September. Very excited for my first Disney Cruise! In the interest of going low budget, I am trying ...
    redshoz999 is offline A-Ticket holder

Ground Transportation

Hello All,

I am taking a cruise on the Disney Dream in September. Very excited for my first Disney Cruise! In the interest of going low budget, I am trying to arrange my hotel and ground transportation outside of the Disney Cruise website.

The Cruise is Sunday afternoon through Thursday morning. I'll need transportation from an airport (Orlando International) hotel to Port Canaveral on Sunday. After the cruise on Thursday, I'd like transportation from Port Canaveral to a Hotel on Hotel Plaza Blvd in Disney World. (Using loyalty program points to stay for free rather than staying at a Disney Hotel.) After a day in the parks, we'll depart Friday morning and need transportation from the hotel back to the Airport.

Any thoughts about the most efficient and cost effective way to do this?

Thanks,
    Matt

Re: Ground Transportation

Try a town car company like Quicksilver. I know you could take DCL transfers to the Port for $35 but not afterwards.

Honestly if it were me I would try and arrive Saturday just in case something would happen on Sunday like they canceled your flight for mechanical reasons. You'd hate to miss your boat!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Ground Transportation

We've used the car service FL Tours. They are great and very reputable. Check them out HERE

Bon Voyage!
    Last edited by TXTaylors5; 07-28-2011 at 07:14 PM.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"