Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Cruise Line Discuss Disney vs Carnival in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I just got back from my second cruise this past Monday. I live in south Florida so we finally took advantage of our close proximity to Miami by taking a ...
    MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Disney vs Carnival

I just got back from my second cruise this past Monday. I live in south Florida so we finally took advantage of our close proximity to Miami by taking a Carnival 4 day cruise to Key West & Cozumel. Before this, my only experience in cruising was in 2008 when we went on a Disney cruise from Port Canaveral to Nassau & Castaway Cay. Now I can finally say with confidence what I suspected all along: Disney blows Carnival away. I always thought Carnival was the bottom rung cruise line and, at least for me, this was confirmed. Our recent cruise was OK, but I was constantly wishing I was on a Disney ship. I did enjoy the Key West stop and Cozumel wasn't as bad as Nassau but the lack of a destination like Castaway Cay made the Carnival trip seem so much less. Now I know Carnival offers other cruises with different ports of call but I am also basing my opinion on my fellow passengers. Carnival seems to draw a lot of rude, classless people. Several times there were situations I didn't want my children to be around on the Destiny...this never happened on the Wonder. I also know I'm basing my opinion on a small sample size but I still believe it to be true. I wish Disney operated out of Port Everglades or Miami.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

Re: Disney vs Carnival

my boss just cane back from a carnival crusie and he hated it.. and because that was his first cruise he now says he will never go on another... he HATED it..
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Too many long USMC deployments and cruises on USN ships for me to want to go back to sea again.

RollTideMickey is offline A-Ticket holder

Funny you say this. I have done the 7 day eastern Caribbean cruise on carnival. The destinations were awesome (St. Thomas,Maarten,John and the Bahamas). Now to the ship...the crew was terrible, the only thing I got from the bartender was a drink and a "port que". The ship was not well maintained with kids everywhere in the adult sections. I recently 3 days ago got off of the Disney Dream for the 5 night cruise. The only problem with Disney cruises is I will never go on any other company again lol. Amazing ship, service, food and people!!! I will be back!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Have a coworker who does not like Disney but won a Disney cruise from a radio station. She said it was the best cruise she'd ever been on.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

. . . no love for Royal Caribbean?

All cruise lines > Carnival