Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Cruise Line Discuss Disney Dream with an 11-month old in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Has anyone ever travelled on a Disney cruise with an infant. Please give me any pointers....
    DisneyAng is offline A-Ticket holder

Disney Dream with an 11-month old

Has anyone ever travelled on a Disney cruise with an infant. Please give me any pointers.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Disney Dream with an 11-month old

Personally, to me, infants have no place on a cruise. Past toddler age, maybe, when cruise ships have a child care station and activiites geared toward the younger passangers. But people take cruises to get AWAY from babies.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Thank you Super Nova for your input.
    We thought Disney was for all ages, I guess we were wrong.

Does anyone else agree with Super Nova?????

ajwiseman09 is offline C-Ticket Holder

While I don't have any children, we just took our first cruise last August. I think that an 11 month old would be just fine. If Disney didn't want children (including babies) onboard, then they wouldn't have put in a nursery for babies and children's rooms for all ages. I think its a little rude to think that babies are not liked on board. If people want to take a cruise to get a way from children, then Disney probably isn't the best line to choose. I do know that there is a really neat little water area that you could take your infant into to play (the nemo reef area). Plus, we saw many people walking around pushing strollers (I don't think that huge ones would be a good idea, but maybe an umbrella one). Disneyang, like I said before, I don't have kids and don't know how difficult traveling with one on a cruise would be, but I would imagine that if you wanted to take a cruise, Disney would be the best choice. I as a fellow passenger who saw families with young children, was not upset. (hehe, unless you let your child scream for a long time)....Keep us posted on what you decide.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." Walt Disney

Prior to 1998-Offsite (2 trips)
    2000-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2001-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2006-Offsite (3)
    10/10/09-10/17-Coronado Springs (Honeymoon) (6)
    12/31/09-1/4/10-All Star Movies (New Years) (3)
    10/7/10-10/16-Wilderness Lodge (1st Ann.) (8)
    11/24/10-11/28-Lighthouse Keys (2)
    3/9/11-3/15/11-LK & PO Riverside (5)
    7/29/11-8/6/11- LK and Disney Dream (3)
    9/2/11-9/6/11- LK (4)
    12/31-1/6/12 - LK and Carribbean Beach (7)
    3/29-4/2 - Pop Century (3)
    7/27-7/30 - LK (4)
    11/1-11/11 - Poly, Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Dream (5)
    5/23/13-5/27 - LK (5)
    8/3-811 - Disneyland (4)

Total Days in Disney Parks: 72

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I have had two children. Their first park trips were 2 months and 14 months.

You will likely have a wonderful time. At 11 months they just soak it all in. Disney has gone out of their way in the last three years to accommodate families of all ages. The nursery will accept babies from 3 months to I believe 36 months of age. Disney, if ordered in advance, supply formula, diapers, baby foods etc. to your room so you don't have to travel with these. At no cost, the last I heard, they supplied a ship stroller, diaper genie for room, bottle warmers, and the Bay offers wagons for the sand to tote the baby in.

Disney also has baby items for purchase on board.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by ajwiseman09 View Post
    ...but I would imagine that if you wanted to take a cruise, Disney would be the best choice. I as a fellow passenger who saw families with young children, was not upset. (hehe, unless you let your child scream for a long time)....Keep us posted on what you decide.
    I don't recall seeing people with strollers on any cruises I've taken.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

"Disney Cruise Line prides itself on delivering a vacation experience that caters to every member of the family including our youngest cruisers," said Tom Wolber, senior vice president of operations for Disney Cruise Line. "The new delivery service eliminates the challenges of packing for infant travel, while onboard conveniences simplify family travel for parents looking to relax during their cruise vacation."

The new delivery service is just one of the many products and services available to families traveling with children under 3. Guests also have access to a host of onboard services to facilitate traveling with toddlers in tow:

-- Diaper Genie units, cribs and playpens are available complimentary upon request from the stateroom host/hostess for use during the cruise.

-- Bottle warmers, bottle sterilizers and strollers are available complimentary at Guest Services for use during the cruise.

-- At Castaway Cay, Disney's private island in the Bahamas, wagons are available to facilitate navigating the island's sandy beaches.

-- Baby supplies are available for purchase on the ships.

These amenities are the perfect complement to Disney's infant-care center at sea, Flounder's Reef Nursery. The nursery features an "under the sea" soft play area themed to Disney's "The Little Mermaid" where children 12 weeks to 36 months can enjoy themselves under the watchful eyes of trained Disney caregivers. Even Mickey Mouse or another Disney pal might swing by for a surprise visit involving fun and games.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

The very LAST thing I want while I'm on a nice (albeit WAY overpriced) cruise, whether it's for a birthday, honeymoon, or just an escape from work or the kids, is someone else's infant screaming their head off over dinner seven tables away. I can get that at the mall food court.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    The very LAST thing I want while I'm on a nice (albeit WAY overpriced) cruise, whether it's for a birthday, honeymoon, or just an escape from work or the kids, is someone else's infant screaming their head off over dinner seven tables away. I can get that at the mall food court.
    So if I understand correctly you want to escape kids so you go to Disney Parks and Disney Cruises?

ajwiseman09 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Agreed HauntedGabe. As I mentioned before, my husband and I do not have children yet and still do not mind walking around the park or being on the cruise ship and seeing children. It almost makes it more fun. They are adorable and comical. Maybe Supernova needs to find a new hobby that is not Disney related as Disney himself built his entire park around the idea that parents and children can have a fun place to enjoy together. Maybe, if you don't like children, you should go on an adult-only cruise with another (cheaper) cruise line. Then you can have your peace and quiet.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." Walt Disney

Prior to 1998-Offsite (2 trips)
    2000-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2001-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2006-Offsite (3)
    10/10/09-10/17-Coronado Springs (Honeymoon) (6)
    12/31/09-1/4/10-All Star Movies (New Years) (3)
    10/7/10-10/16-Wilderness Lodge (1st Ann.) (8)
    11/24/10-11/28-Lighthouse Keys (2)
    3/9/11-3/15/11-LK & PO Riverside (5)
    7/29/11-8/6/11- LK and Disney Dream (3)
    9/2/11-9/6/11- LK (4)
    12/31-1/6/12 - LK and Carribbean Beach (7)
    3/29-4/2 - Pop Century (3)
    7/27-7/30 - LK (4)
    11/1-11/11 - Poly, Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Dream (5)
    5/23/13-5/27 - LK (5)
    8/3-811 - Disneyland (4)

Total Days in Disney Parks: 72

Quote Originally Posted by ajwiseman09 View Post
    ... Maybe Supernova needs to find a new hobby that is not Disney related as Disney himself built his entire park around the idea that parents and children can have a fun place to enjoy together.
    Disney built an amusement park, not a cruise ship.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    So if I understand correctly you want to escape kids so you go to Disney Parks and Disney Cruises?
    Infants, yes. Kids, no. Take the kids to the amusement park, not the ship.

Once again SuperNova WHY do you go on the Disney Cruise and to the Disney Parks if you do not like infants or kids?

I went on one Disney cruise back in January 2002. I usually use other cruise lines. But again, kids at the parks, I can understand. But babies? No. My parents were smart enough to leave my 1-year-old sister at home with my grandparents while my younger sister and I went to Disney with them.

Disney Parks and Disney Cruises are designed for Families of all ages, hence all the options they have for infants and kids. I would never leave my child at home so I could go on a Disney vacation and have fun without them just not my style. I guess it is all about how we were raised.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast