Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Cruise Line Discuss 3.0 fish extender gift exchange in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Hey all!!! WDW Radio Cruise will be my first WDW Cruise as part of the group. My hubby and I sailed on 2.0 but with DVC points, not cash. So ...
    CrystalTink1017 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question 3.0 fish extender gift exchange

Hey all!!! WDW Radio Cruise will be my first WDW Cruise as part of the group. My hubby and I sailed on 2.0 but with DVC points, not cash. So we missed all of the group fun.
    I am very interested in joining a gift exchange group, but having never done it I am a bit fuzzy on the rules. Can someone fill me in. Is it one gift per cabin? 1 gift per person per cabin? is it per day? is it once? Help a noob out
    Looking forward to giving lots of presents!!

DisneyRREngr is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: 3.0 fish extender gift exchange

Hi CrystalTink:
    we participated in the fish extender on the Dream Cruise 2. It basically lasts the whole cruise and you provide 1 gift per stateroom but if there's children then you can optionally provide an extra gift for them. Cristy will provide a list of state rooms, usually about 20 in a group. We gave out two small gifts, a Mickey writing pad and a dice game plus a letter explaining a little bit about us, where we're from and so forth. We packaged up each gift aand put the stateroom number on it. We delivered a few at a time each day as we left our room for the different events. We also made our own fish extender pocket based on the 7 dwarfs. Glad you asked as I was getting ready to email Cristy to make sure she was planning this for this years cruise. Hope this helps Dave

Hi All FE Exchangers:
    Just sent an email to Christy at WDW Radio who organized the last Fish Extender Gift Exchange on the Dream Cruise 2.0. Asked if she was planning on organizing another FE Exchange for the upcoming Fantasy Cruise 3.0. Waiting to hear back from her either by email or post on the blog/forums. My parents-in-laws will be coming with us this time and already have Katie working on making a FE pocket hanger. We have some good ideas for making gifts and are getting ready to start making these. Even though making gifts is time comsuming, it is something that is special and really fun, bringing the whole family together. We will have me, Brenda my wife, Katie my mother-in-law, Katie's friend and my two daughters working on the gifts. Should be a fun time. I will keep you posted of the progress. Our gifts will be something useful, Disney themed, cute and practical. A keepsake from the cruise. If anyone has any gift ideas they would like to share, please respond with your ideas or photos. Thanks Dave

Thumbs up Re: 3.0 fish extender gift exchange

Hi All FE Exchangers
    Just heard back from Christy and she says we will definately be having a FE exchange on the Fantasy Cruise. She will be making an official announcement in June when she has a better idea of how many have signed up for the cruise. So those of you who have already signed up for the cruise, start planning your extender and gifts. If you have any ideas for gifts and have already made and extender pouch, please share it here, w ould love to see a photo. Thanks, Dave, the Disney RR Engr.

HeyHeyJP is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyRREngr View Post
    Hi All FE Exchangers
    Just heard back from Christy and she says we will definately be having a FE exchange on the Fantasy Cruise. She will be making an official announcement in June when she has a better idea of how many have signed up for the cruise.
    Thanks, Dave, the Disney RR Engr.
    Dave:

I've been scouring the boards looking for the info on the FE exchange, and STILL haven't seen anything. The DISBoards list for this cruise has just closed, and this group's still hasn't been made official from what I can see. Did Christy ever get back to you?

John
    Upcoming trips: May 2013 Fantasy Western Caribbean / August 2013 OKW / Nov 2013 WDWRadio Fantasy Cruise / May 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean

Talking Re: 3.0 fish extender gift exchange

Hi John:
    Just heard back from Christy a day or two ago and she just made a formal announcement for the Fish Extender Gift Exchange. you need to register with her by sending you last name, cabin number, (if you know it), First names of people, ages of children, food alergies? and any celebrations like anniversaries or birthdays plus whatever email you want to use as we will start a Facebook group so we can "get to know one another" before the cruise. And Christy will send out info once she has compiled the lists of fish extender participants. You need to register by the end of August and send it to her email at Christy@WDWRadio.com. Here is a link to the WDW Radio: Your Walt Disney World Information Station with Lou MongelloWDW Radio – Your Walt Disney World Information Station by Lou Mongello | Disney podcast, Disney expert, Disney World tour, Disney news, Disney vacation planning, Disney triv webpage with her announcement and registration info on it plus some general info on fish extenders gift exchanges from last year.
    WDW Radio Cruise 2013 on the Disney Fantasy: FISH EXTENDER REGISTRATION INFORMATION | WDW Radio - Your Walt Disney World Information Station by Lou MongelloWDW Radio – Your Walt Disney World Information Station by Lou Mongello

It was a blast last year and we recieved many unique and fun gifts from other cruisers. There were 3 groups of 20 staterooms. We were in group 3. Several of the participants hand-made their gifts and these are most remembered and treasured. Welcome aboard and looking forward to meeting you on this cruise. Dave and Brenda Bayless

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

All registered