Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney on the Desktop Discuss iPod Touch App in the Multimedia - Audio, Video, Photos and more! forums; Has anyone come up with a Disney World app, free or paid ? I just got my new Touch and would love to have an overview of the parks and ...
    solfan68 is offline A-Ticket holder

iPod Touch App

Has anyone come up with a Disney World app, free or paid ? I just got my new Touch and would love to have an overview of the parks and resorts to carry along. Photos would be a must and some trivia, naturally. So any of you iPod junkies know of such a resource ? Or have I got a serious case of Blue Sky Fever ???

Fortuitous Finds from the Worldwide Web at Geek Acres

CBR - 7/94 CBR - 7/96 CSR - 6/07 POR - 6/08

Neverland Jim is offline A-Ticket holder
    Yes! Search for "Disney" in the App Store. A company called UPinPoint.com lists "Mini-Guides" for all Orlando and California parks. They're .99 each. I haven't tried them out myself yet; I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts if you sample one.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverland Jim View Post
    Yes! Search for "Disney" in the App Store. A company called UPinPoint.com lists "Mini-Guides" for all Orlando and California parks. They're .99 each. I haven't tried them out myself yet; I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts if you sample one.
    For a buck I may well have to do that ! Should have known someone would have jumped on this. Rabid-Geeky-Disneyphiles gotta have their Disney on the Go !!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The UPinPoint apps are pretty good. They basically show park maps from an overhead view and let you see where attractions, restaurants, and bathrooms are. For the most part they were accurate (restaurants in Epcot's Japan were mixed up). There are limited descriptions of the restaurant menus built in, and if you have a wi-fi connection it will let you bring up the appropriate AllEars.net menu page for it (does not seem to work over a 3G connection). Attractions also get brief descriptions, any restrictions, length, and Fastpass info. You can then click to go to wikipedia or AllEars.net for more info if you're on wi-fi. They also have a search function to find something quickly.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Neverland Jim is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like ninety-nine cents a park is a good deal, even if you're just sitting at home wishing you were there.
    1991 - Contemporary
    1992 - Dolphin
    1999 - Offsite
    2001 - Offsite
    2004 - Wilderness Lodge
    2006 - Wilderness Lodge

Ok... so my curiosity (and DisneyDame's favorable review) got me to pull the trigger this morning right before work. I purchased Epcot. Looking forward to exploring some of my favorite attractions (if only virtually). Now where do I get my Mickey Bar ?

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I love the .99 cents park maps. I look at them when I'm bored especially since I know most of the parks like the back of my hand, but having the map is wonderful.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

If anyone has the MK mini-map and you haven't updated it yet from the app store, you are definitely going to want to do it. The people who made it have released an update, which allows for GPS tracking so that you can find your way to your next destination.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

MyQuestBe is offline A-Ticket holder

Disney World for iPod touch/iPhone and iPod Classic and nanos

FYI, you can also find a Walt Disney World Secrets Notescast for the iPod touch and iPhone on the App Store. $1.99.

The same Notescast title, as well as a guide to all of Walt Disney World and DAK Hidden Mickeys Tour is available for the iPod Classic and iPod nano at Notescasts.com. $1.99 and .99.

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata
    My mom has the park maps. I didnt want to buy it because I know the parks better than I know my hometown (sad eh?)

Not Walt Disney World but I do finish the Bolt game fun

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

wdwnut4life is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: iPod Touch App

very cool i might get it!

SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.

I have all of them - including the new Downtown Disney map! I haven't used them yet because I bought them before even receiving my iTouch...should be arriving within the next few days!!
    Love, Kerri

Hey Everyone

They have just added one for Dining at Disney. It gives you every single menu for every restaurant across property at World along with the prices on most items.

paulgraham is offline A-Ticket holder

I was just reading about some of the Disney apps the other day... kinda makes me want to get an iPhone... I probably won't, but it's a nice thought.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

DH just added the Disney app for attraction times for his iPhone. We checked it out at Epcot yesterday and today. Variations occurred for several attractions, but they weren't more than 5-10 minute off; more and less than the electronic board was reporting.

I bought the restaurant app several weeks ago for my iPod Touch.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.