Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney on the Desktop Discuss Any HM Wallpapers? in the Multimedia - Audio, Video, Photos and more! forums; Right now I'm using one of Lou's very own Haunted Mansion Pictures (nice snapshot by the way) Unfortuantely it's stretched out a bit because I have an abnormally large screen ...
    OneLittleSpark is offline I'm gonna be the next Dreamfinder

Any HM Wallpapers?

Right now I'm using one of Lou's very own Haunted Mansion Pictures (nice snapshot by the way)

Unfortuantely it's stretched out a bit because I have an abnormally large screen (16" laptop screen) so if anyone has any HM wallpapers designed for high pixel resolution I'd appreciate the heads up.
    15 Trips in 20 Years!!

Port Orleans Contemporary Dixie Landings
    Coronado Springs Caribbean Beach
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Wilderness Lodge
    Boardwalk Yacht and Beach Polynesian
    All Star Movies

Can't Get Enough:

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Hey, I might be able to help you out. I'm a big fan of the Mansion (my fav ride at the Kingdom actually), and think I might have a couple of good Mansion shots both from right in front of the Mansion as well as a few taken from across the Rivers of America on Tom Sawyer Island. My digital camera is a 5.0 megapixel, so it's capable of some pretty high-res pics. Of course, I lost a bunch of my more recent pics from this year when my hard drive on my old laptop fried, so I'll have to look back to see what I may have left over.

Anyway, I'll go see what I have left when i get home tonight. If I can't find my best ones (acknowledging the fact that I might have lost them on my old hard drive) I'll take some new ones when I go down there again this weekend. I'll post them in medium-resolution here for you to chose from, and then we can work out a way to get you the a high-res copy.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    By the way, is your laptop display a widescreen? My gf uses one of my pics from Animal Kingdom as her desktop wallpaper. Both she and I have 15" displays on our laptops, but hers is a widescreen so it distorts the pic slightly to make it fit while my pics fit mine perfectly. Of course we can always crop it or something to make it fit better if that's a problem.
    -Don-

Awesome my laptop is a widescreen so that might be the problem. I have a high res digital camera as well but I didn't take any pictures of HM my favorite ride as well for some reason so hopefully yours will work best.
    15 Trips in 20 Years!!

All Star Movies

Can't Get Enough:

I was able to find only 8 of my Haunted Mansion pics. It turns out I lost all but one of my pics from of the Mansion from over on Tom Sawyer Island, and all of my ones of the Mansion at night. So this is what I have left until I get a chance to go take some more. The first two are available in their original high resolution format, just the way they came off of my camera. The rest of them have all been modifed to reduce their physical dimensions and/or filesize in order to store more pictures on a compact disk, and may have a slightly lower image quality or significant size reduction than the first two, hence the medium resolution designation.

Click on the thumbnails to see a 640x480 pixel version (all the pics have been reduced to 640x480 pixels specifically to ease the process of uploading them onto DWT). The actual full size dimensions and filesizes are listed below each pic, and those are the actual size and dimensions of the versions of the pics I will send you if you should decide you want any of them.

Note: I'm not sure how well these will look on a widescreen display such as your own. They are all taken in landscape format (horizontally), and all but the last one are quite large, so any distortion I would think would appear to be minimal. But I'm afraid that you are going to have to be your own judge of that.

Anyway, I hope you find something you like. I do have a 4.5 megapixel 3:2 ratio (widescreen) setting on my camera, but I've never used it before because I just never had a need for it. I'll try to remember to grab a few in that format when I'm down there on Sunday, and maybe you could test them out for me.

First two pics are available in High Resolution

full size=2592x1944 pixels, 2.05MB

full size=2048x1536 pixels, 1.44MB

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Next six pics available in Medium Resolution only

full size=2048x1536 pixels, 342KB

full size=2048x1536 pixels, 777KB

full size=2048x1536 pixels, 665KB

full size=2048x1536 pixels, 700KB

full size=2048x1536 pixels, 476KB

full size=800x600 pixels, 108KB
    -Don-

I tried out the first picture and it looks awesome even after I stretched it out. I would be more than happy to try out those widescreens for you when you get them in. I'll try the others out and give you an update.
    15 Trips in 20 Years!!

All Star Movies

Can't Get Enough:

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    The wallpaper at my home pc is a haunted mansion wallpaper I got from doombuggies.com.

I love it and they have some other really good ones, too.

If we can dream it, we can do it

There are some cool wallpapers on here some of the HM shots on here are just a little more my style. They have great interior pics I was lookin for somethin of the whole building.
    15 Trips in 20 Years!!

All Star Movies

Can't Get Enough:

Hi there, it's me again.

Why don't you try this one on for size? I know it's not the greatest of pics, as there were lots of people trying to get in my way as I was trying to take it, but I did take it using the 3:2 widescreen feature of my camera. See if this one fits your display better without having to stretch or distort at all.

-Don-

Thanks a million Don the wide screen looks awesome. Next time I go down I'll have to snap a clearer picture if everyone will cooperate with me. The picture isn't distorted or blurry looks great on the widescreen.
    15 Trips in 20 Years!!

All Star Movies

Can't Get Enough: