Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
Disney On A Dime Discuss Cheap Eats at WDW in the Money Saving Tips / Budgeting forums; Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie A meal Mr. iwannabeminnie and I discovered on our most recent trip was the 1/2 chicken dinner in the Animal Kingdom's Tusker House. EASILY shared between ...
    GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    A meal Mr. iwannabeminnie and I discovered on our most recent trip was the 1/2 chicken dinner in the Animal Kingdom's Tusker House. EASILY shared between two people and at a decent price!
    I LOVE the chicken at the Tusker house - that is some good stuff!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Cheap eats at WDW means leaving the DH home!!!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    That is cold!
    They call me "Nana"

Rick Blaine is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Cheap Eats at WDW

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyonaDime View Post
    I agree that nothing is "cheap", especially when buying for a family. Bottled water for my family (6) runs $15 a clip. Multiply that by at least 3 or 4 a day and we can easily drop $50, just on drinks!! Biggest tip ever- bring your own water. We typically save $200-$300 every trip.
    Of course if you don't mind the taste of WDW tap water remember you can always ask for a free cup of ice water at most of the stands.

jennluvsmickey is offline A-Ticket holder

you are right, dining at disney can be spendy, but you can save if you plan ahead. we always have a case bottled water delivered to our room, water in the parks is crazy $$$$. we also pack lots of cereal bars,granola bars ect in our luggage to have for b-fast in the mornings or for a snack later in the day. Also the portions at alot of cs places are pretty large, so we will share. we always stay on property to eat. in fact we have our own car and never leave property.
    Dreaming of the Magic

kretzcr is offline A-Ticket holder

The German Buffet at EPCOT. Eat as much as you can for a late lunch and you are good for the rest of the day.

Pro tip - sleep off your initial food coma at the American show next store.

DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

That's partmof teh beauty of having DVC, a full kitchen in your room. We have groceries delivered, and have breakfasts before we trek out every morning.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by DVCDad View Post
    That's partmof teh beauty of having DVC, a full kitchen in your room. We have groceries delivered, and have breakfasts before we trek out every morning.
    And there is the kick, everyone's view of a deluxe vacation is so different. Mine isn't ordering groceries, or even fixing and cleaning up the simplest breakfast or meal. When staying at a deluxe hotel at Disney or even a moderate I enjoy not thinking about food prep, clean up. I like maid service everyday, my bed made up, room vacuumed, sinks tidied up, clean towels and toiletries replenished, no additional cost and they remove the trash daily. I'm on vacation from my everyday life, so QS or TS meals are my idea of a vacation.
    i-neighborhood likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12