Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: How Much Time Do You Spend Planning Your Disney World Vacation?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Disney On A Dime Discuss How Long Do You Plan For Your Disney World Trip? in the Money Saving Tips / Budgeting forums; Well, with having a family of 5- and 4 of them being considered adults, we are actually planning now for a trip that we will be taking in Sept. 2006. ...
    zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Well, with having a family of 5- and 4 of them being considered adults, we are actually planning now for a trip that we will be taking in Sept. 2006. We are buying our tickets on-line, every few months at a time. We will call for reservations sometime at the end of the summer because our school system is trying to go to year around school. Plus it drags everything out and, for us, makes it more fun.:mickey:
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Arrow Depends

Well, sometimes I like to plan only a few months but then again I like thinking all year that I am going to be headed home. If it is just me and my gf then we usually plan six months ahead of time. Since we are involved in our local high school band program (my gf is the director) we take the kids for Magic Music Days every three years. We are in the process of planning for a trip in April of 2006. It should be a blast. The kids love to go.

-Scott
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW
    I normally plan between six and ten months in advance. I always get so excited while I'm planning. Can't wait for my December trip to the magical place of WDW!

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zcook9
    Well, with having a family of 5- and 4 of them being considered adults, we are actually planning now for a trip that we will be taking in Sept. 2006. We are buying our tickets on-line, every few months at a time. We will call for reservations sometime at the end of the summer because our school system is trying to go to year around school. Plus it drags everything out and, for us, makes it more fun.
    Buying your tickets over time is a great move. We always do that and it makes the hit on the wallet a little easier to swallow. We try to set aside some money every month and every couple of months we buy an Annual Pass. Another upside to this is that if the price of tickets go up (and they eventually will) you will be covered.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

MickeyinTX is offline A-Ticket holder
    We plan the day after coming back home from the Magical Place for the following year.
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'May 07, 2005 7:00:00 AM CST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkred>Disney World Here We Come</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'See Ya There';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

cjdiggs is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I plan my next trip usually right after i get back from a trip. I got home in May from WDW. Going to DL in !0 days, Going to WDW in Dec. Then going again in jan. I guess its really a never ending process.

bwbelle is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We are constantly in a state of planning... I've done trips on 2 days' notice. We've been planning my mom's birthday bash for months now, so by the time we arrive in Feb it will have been in the works for about 10 months.
    Raising the 3rd generation of WDW fanatics!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    The first trip (honeymoon) was only planned for about 3 months. It was more like-lets go there, find a hotel and an air fare. No other planning done.

The next was a college graduation gift so when things got stressful, I planned- for 10 months. It was a combination of a cruise and a 7 day trip. It was wonderful. It was before children so money wasn't really a problem so we had a great time.

The next trip, we decided in March to go at Thanksgiving. We only took 2 of our 4 kids but also my mom, stepdad, aunt, and a niece and nephew. Had to plan a bunch more for this one since there were so many people going.

The next trip was decided in March because I had had it! I was going to teach all summer long and not get a break. My DH and I hadn't been away for 9 years and I was going to work for this trip. I enjoyed planning it- and want to go back.

However, our next trip can't happen for about 3 years unless something amazing happens financially. Not likely-that's for sure. I would love to go back but it looks like 1068 days from now, we might get to go! Nothing like a little planning to make the time go faster! After all, it has already been 10 days since I started planning anyway! WooHoo--time flies when you have a trip to plan!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Thumbs up How Long Do You Plan For Your Disney World Trip?

With living across the pond, it takes a little time to save up to visit WDW and Orlando in general: We always like to travel in style and stay at good hotels!! [Thank you Virgin Atlantic / Holidays!!].

Our last trip was in April / May 2003 when we had 3 weeks in Florida: 18 days in Orlando and 3 days down in Miami.

Our next trip is booked for September 2006 when we'll be having 20 days in Orlando, staying at the recently renamed "Buena Vista Palace in the Walt Disney World".

The hotel is situated on the edge of Downtown Disney and used to be called the "Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa".

Does anybody know if this has become an official Disney Hotel?

This will be our forth visit since 1999.

Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Each trip has been different, from our first trip taking my niece were we booked a hotel earlier that week, picked her up from school and drove!

To our October trip last year, where I planned it out 6 months ahead of time. Being as silly as giving the group going questionnaires and stuff they wanted to do, had to do and wanted to try to do....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    When I first posted in this thread, my only trips to WDW were either family vacations planned by my parents and/or travel agents, or spurratic day trips by myself or with a roommate or friend. I'd never planned my own vacation to the World. But the times are changing, and as Rafiki says, "Change is good ...no?"

I just started planning this week actually for a probable trip in March 2006. I never realized how much went into picking a place to stay! I'm going to be glued to discount pages and hotel internet searches for months looking for the best compromise between price and experience. You guys actually do all this everytime? Wow... a new respect goes out to you parents who take your family so often. This is hard (but fun) work!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    This time i thought about it for about 3 weeks then booked for November/December. Funny thing now my brain is the planning freeze mode

hysterogenic is offline A-Ticket holder
    This will be my third trip and i am taking a year to plan it. The first time it was with my family as my brother's wish, with 'make a wish', the second was senior year spring trip with the band, and this time i am planning it with my gf. We are going all out with the platnium package and going to plan everything. after all that is why i am here.
    Life is so much better when you want it to be.

WDW-1995,2001, Sept 2006

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by hysterogenic
    This will be my third trip and i am taking a year to plan it. The first time it was with my family as my brother's wish, with 'make a wish', the second was senior year spring trip with the band, and this time i am planning it with my gf. We are going all out with the platnium package and going to plan everything. after all that is why i am here.
    Ahhh, spring trip with the band, that's where my addiction started many years ago.

Welcome to the boards!!!
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

tink1978 is offline A-Ticket holder
    My son and I go to Disney every year. I tend to start planning a month after we return for the next year. That way I pay the deposit and plan for how much I need to save during the year to go.
    27 7

9 months and 12 days until our next Disney trip!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast