Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: How Much Time Do You Spend Planning Your Disney World Vacation?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Disney On A Dime Discuss How Long Do You Plan For Your Disney World Trip? in the Money Saving Tips / Budgeting forums; About 1/2 hour. I say wanna go to Disney? She says OK I find a hotel and off we go!!...
    Boater is offline B-Ticket Holder
    About 1/2 hour.

I say wanna go to Disney?
    She says OK
    I find a hotel and off we go!!
    Mark,

Stayed at:
    Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness Cabins (and in a tent once YUCK),Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean, Port Orleans (both), Coronado Springs, Dolphin, Most of the Hotel Row, Many other off-site.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    It used to take me about 6 months to plan, but now that we have three kids, I'm shooting for the 18 month plan!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I must agree that ususally I start planning my next trip the day I get home from one. However this trip coming up has only been in the planning stages for almost two years. It was harder because we were trying to plan our grandson's first trip and it had to be when he could get the time off from school. Usually we like to plan for October through December trips (no not that long but in that time frame....gosh imagine a trip where you get to WDW in October and don't leave until December --- the mind boggles (and so would the pocket book!)
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    It's starting to get serious now. We're getting closer to the next trip date!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    I am tentatively planning one now (we just got back on the 15th) but it will be at least a year from now before we can go. My bil is getting engaged on Christmas and he is letting me plan his honeymoon trip, though. That is kind of fun since he is clueless.

dizfanfamily is offline Are we there YET???
    I am constantly planing my next trip. I'm even thinking ahead for the next three trips (evethough they are at least a year apart). You have to be like a chess player nd stay a few steps ahead. Everyday you have to keep checking the sights to see whats going on at the World, you never know when a rehab in March is going to effect your December trip. It's a sickness I tell you, a sickness. No cure available, no cure needed.

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    As soon as I leave from the last one!

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    I guess i'm fortunate to live so close, and get to go somewhat frequently. Because of that - our trips are within the 6 month range. Although I did just take one with a weeks notice
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    A year or a little less for us.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Jedi Sparrow is offline A-Ticket holder
    we just got back in feb. (we had planned for like 6 months before) an we planned the next trip for the same week right while we were checking out.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    As can be seen from my ticker, we plan for some time!!

This is mainly due to the cost of coming over and we tend to stay quite a while. It also helps with the paying for it: We pay a little of the holiday each month and that way we don't feel a pinch!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I tried to plan to sneak down for Main Street's big birthday bash but the flights were so expensive. Now I have to plan on the sly while we are still trying to sell our old house. Hopefully I will make it again this October!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

brianjoe is offline B-Ticket Holder
    we plan for about a year
    we like to go in June for star wars weekend
    no matter where u you go there you are going to the world in june 2012

Pluto'sPal is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I agree...my planning usually never stops. Realistically... planning is anywhere between 3-6 months.

wdwfamily4 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We start planning as soon as you can book through WDW for the month we have picked to go on the INTERNET. That way you can put down your deposit and pay a little each month interest free. You can send them a check every month in any amount as long as you pay the entire amount by the date specified.
    • 1988 WDW-Off Property
    • 1990 Disneyland,CA
    • 1996 WDW-Off Property
    • 1997 WDW-Disney's Contemporary
    • 1998 WDW-Disney's Polynesian
    • 1999 WDW-Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside ( Dixie Landings )
    • 2000 WDW-Disney's Contemporary
    • 2001 WDW-Disney's Wilderness Lodge -Christmas Time
    • 2002 WDW-Disney's Coronado Springs
    • 2003 WDW-Disney's Caribbean Beach
    • 2004 WDW-Disney's Wilderness Lodge -Christmas Time
    • 2005 WDW-Disney's Animal Kingdom
    • 2006 WDW-Disney's Grand Floridian / Disney's Fort Widerness Cabins / Disney's Pop Century
    • 2007 WDW-Disney's Beach Club / Disney's Saratoga Springs / Disney's Port Orleans -French Quarter
    • 2007 New Member DVC Animal Kingdom Villas
    • 2008 Disney Cruise / WDW-Disney's Old Key West/ Disney's Boardwalk / Disney's Yacht Club
    • 2009 WDW-Disney's All Star Movies/ Disney's Old Key West/ Animal Kingdom Villa's

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast