Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: How Much Time Do You Spend Planning Your Disney World Vacation?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Disney On A Dime Discuss How Long Do You Plan For Your Disney World Trip? in the Money Saving Tips / Budgeting forums; I start planning the minute i get home from my last...
    supermariodrums is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I start planning the minute i get home from my last
    Disney World is not just a place, but an experience.

Back in the world for the 2013 Marathon Weekend!

WDW

Jedi Sparrow is offline A-Ticket holder
    I guess it depends.... I have planned out more then a year....Oct 2009.. In a few days memorial day weekend this year i planned in 2 days.... an my trip this nov... i planned 6 months ago..
    New DVC Member (Bay Lake Tower)

New D23 Member

My Disney Trips...

Feb.. 2002 Allstar Music

Feb.. 2007 Allstar Movie

May.. 2008 off site (never again)

Nov.. 2008 Allstar Sports

Jun.. 2009 Saratoga Springs (free dvc points)

0ct.. 2009 (new dvc member) Bay Lake Tower

url=http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/][/url]

E39Chris525i is offline A-Ticket holder
    About 6 months. Wanted to go late January 09 but with the Super Bowl being in Tampa on Feb 1st, we'll go the 2nd week of Feb.

KevinZ is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We're going in 2010. So I need to get planning!
    Kevin

WDWRadio Cruise : Deck 8 is great!
    "Almost there!"
    "Keep moving forward!"

Quote Originally Posted by E39Chris525i View Post
    About 6 months. Wanted to go late January 09 but with the Super Bowl being in Tampa on Feb 1st, we'll go the 2nd week of Feb.
    Check that-in about 4-5 weeks from now
    My son Peyton

WDW trip 2/15-2/21

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    For the 6 or so months following our annual trip, I try to stash away as much money as I can for the next trip. Based on what I can put away, I'll begin the resort selection process 6 months before the we plan to go and start shopping for flights. Once those are established, I spend the rest of the money on "add ons" (dining plan, ticket upgrades, tours). The next few months I spend tinkering around with advance reservations, reading reviews and laying out a calendar of park operation and EMH times.

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I planned this one we're about to take for about 18 months. (or, actually, the minute I finish my vacation and have to leave...). Its mostly just deciding where we want to stay, how much we need to save up, and what week we need to keep free. The real planning is the last 9 mos or less.

I've already "planned" our next one for 2011 (since we go about every two years), but I'll wait to decide where to stay, etc until after we finish this next trip...largely because I suspect the cabins will be a great fit for our family and I want to see how they work out...
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Well, we just got back in Oct., and we planned that one for a little over a year. I am dying to get back in Oct. 2009, but the jury (aka DH) is still out on that one! This next trip may take 2 years! How will I get by?? I just feel like this year would be awesome, because our Fall Break is scheduled for the week after Columbus Day! I was hoping that would cut back on the crowds we saw this past Columbus Day week! I was shocked! Okay . . . . I am rambling . . . .
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder
    well, the dreaming about the next trip starts as soon as i get off the return plane, but the real booking, usually 1 year or 6 months.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

Quote Originally Posted by PlutoGirl View Post
    I've already "planned" our next one for 2011 (since we go about every two years), but I'll wait to decide where to stay, etc until after we finish this next trip...largely because I suspect the cabins will be a great fit for our family and I want to see how they work out...
    2011 seems like forever. How will you kill time . Counting down the days (currently 34 days from now) is killing me.
    My son Peyton

WDW trip 2/15-2/21

NorweJenNY is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm another one of those who starts planning from the moment the previous trip is over!

M5ward is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I start to plan as soon as I return home from the World; out come the books (which get replaced yearly), the menus, and my trusty little notebook. Half of the fun is in the planning and anticipation. In going through various guides and books, I have uncovered things that we haven't done in awhile or experiences that might be new.
    Michele
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on until Morning!
    šoš * ~ ** ~ * šoš

November, 1981 (CR), November, 1983 (CR), December, 1994 (off-site),January, 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), January, 2007 (SSR), November, 2007 (SSR), February. 2008 (BWV), October, 2008 (OKW), January, 2009 (BWV)

aprilhendrix9 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: How Long Do You Plan For Your Disney World Trip?

I started planning for our next trip (hopefully in September again), about 2 hours after we got back from our last trip (last September). I got on the Disney site and started looking at other resorts, places to eat, etc. My husband looked at me like I was crazy.

I am on the Disney site (and this site) every single day, plotting and scheming and looking for deals. I have never been a "Disney freak" per say, but after our first family vacation, I think about it all of the time. I have started collecting coins, am putting stuff on Craigslist and I am having a yard sale all $$ going toward the next trip.
    This September!! . . . 2010-6 days-Animal Kingdom
    1994-1 day-Mgic Kingdom-Off Site
    1995-1 day-Magic Kingdom-Off Site
    2008-5 days-Polynesian

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

it is always fun to plan a disney trip.
    J&J

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Just because of the sheer amount of money it normally costs to travel to WDW from the UK, hubby and I normally start planning around 18 months to 2 years before we're due to set off. Plenty of time to save money and decide where we want to eat dinner - LOL!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast