Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Disney On A Dime Discuss Personal Reasons to get Annual Passes in the Money Saving Tips / Budgeting forums; When I recently made the move to Orlando the most essential addition to my move budget was the cost of my AP. This was true if, for no other reason, ...
    Cameo is offline And the voila... you've got a Figment!
    Riding my tricycle around the parking lot
    When I recently made the move to Orlando the most essential addition to my move budget was the cost of my AP. This was true if, for no other reason, the number of visitors that are planning to come down to see me. My boyfriend, my mom, my sister, my dad, friends, other family.... we're all Disney nuts in varying extremes and I knew that their trips would not be complete without at least a day or two in the World. I bought the pass a little under a month ago, and next weekend it was already be getting it's 3rd use. The cost of admission made the pass an obvious purchase for me, with the free parking and discounts an definite plus, as well.

Also, being here for such a short time I don't know many people and while I don't plan on visiting the parks on my own, I am looking forward to spending an afternoon in Epcot wandering through the countries to pick up Christmas gifts. It's one stop shopping! And I certainly wouldn't be planning that if I was wasting a day's admission just to shop.
    ~Sarah~

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

"Tom Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagar55
    We are going in December, I bought one AP so far to get the discount on the the hotel, staying at the Poly and booked 2 rooms on it so it saved me lost of $$$. My question is, should I buy AP's for my wife, 4 year old son, and the grandparents, or should I buy 8 day park hopper passes? We are planning on going back next year before the one pass I did buy expires. I have been going back and fourth on buying the AP or just park hopper passes. The way I see it, the few dollars we'll save from buying AP's for everyone only pays off if we deffinately go back within the year. We most likely will since we went last November and are planning on going again. What do you think?

Get the APs. It will save you money in the long run, plus all the meal discounts and what not!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    We are going in December, I bought one AP so far to get the discount on the the hotel, staying at the Poly and booked 2 rooms on it so it saved me lost of $$$. My question is, should I buy AP's for my wife, 4 year old son, and the grandparents, or should I buy 8 day park hopper passes? We are planning on going back next year before the one pass I did buy expires. I have been going back and fourth on buying the AP or just park hopper passes. The way I see it, the few dollars we'll save from buying AP's for everyone only pays off if we deffinately go back within the year. We most likely will since we went last November and are planning on going again. What do you think?
    The breaking point is 11 days. If you feel that you will be back, I would go for the APs. You can still get discounts for up to 3 additonal people per AP, but if you plan to go back, it will pay off.

Something to also consider is that you don't need to decide right now. You can wait until the last day of your trip and upgrade everyone's passes. As long as you do this within 14 days of first using the tickets and as long as you have at least 1 day left on them, the entire amount of your original purchase will be applied to the upgrade.

As a word of caution: APs will cause you to have "Disney Fever" which can only be cured by visiting Disney World. This could cause you to constantly look at discount fares and cheap hotels over the next 12 months. We ended up taking 4 trips last year!
    Last edited by DisneyonaDime; 10-07-2005 at 09:37 AM.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

Hagar55 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyonaDime
    The breaking point is 11 days. If you feel that you will be back, I would go for the APs. You can still get discounts for up to 3 additonal people per AP, but if you plan to go back, it will pay off.

Something to also consider is that you don't need to decide right now. You can wait until the last day of your trip and upgrade everyone's passes. As long as you do this within 14 days of first using the tickets and as long as you have at least 1 day left on them, the entire amount of your original purchase will be applied to the upgrade.

As a word of caution: APs will cause you to have "Disney Fever" which can only be cured by visiting Disney World. This could cause you to constantly look at discount fares and cheap hotels over the next 12 months. We ended up taking 4 trips last year!

Thanks for the advice, I didn't know I could trade up the park hopper pass before it expires, that gives us some time to figure out which way to go. I would go back every other month, but it's tough to get off work.

What other discounts come from having the AP, I bought the Dining Experience card, since we have several dinners and character meals planned. I heard that there are discounts on shopping with an AP, is that true? Does anyone know where or how much?

Thanks for the info.

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    Thanks for the advice, I didn't know I could trade up the park hopper pass before it expires, that gives us some time to figure out which way to go. I would go back every other month, but it's tough to get off work.

What other discounts come from having the AP, I bought the Dining Experience card, since we have several dinners and character meals planned. I heard that there are discounts on shopping with an AP, is that true? Does anyone know where or how much?

Thanks for the info.
    You can check out the discounts at www.disneyonadime.com/annualpass.php

You can also see these discounts on disneyworld.com in the special annual passholders section. You need to have your codes to get in.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyonaDime
    So true! I was always a Disney fan, but used to go only every so often. The gap between trips sometimes spanned a couple years. But since I got my season pass, I go usually one day at a time, approximately every other week, sometimes as frequently as twice within the same week. I've gone from fan to fanatic, and then to addict, just by becoming a passholder!

(BTW... going to MK again tomorrow!) <--- See?... told you!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    We get them becasue we go down at least twice a year. Plus it save me a lot of money on dinning and rooms. Also like it was metion before the fact you don't have to worry about using days.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Sorry.. I can't tell ya.... it's personal!!!

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    My Mom and I got our passes this summer, that was our plan for my summer vacation. And boy have we worked the "magic" out of those passes in the short time we have had them. We got ours in June (just a bit after I got out of school) and have been over 10 times since then. And if we are staying the night, sometimes while mom is sleeping or watching TV in the room, I will go to a park (usualy EPCOT only if we are staying at the Boardwalk or Beach & Yacht Club because of its fast to get to with the back way...anyways!) to get a special "munchie". Like the amazingly good Chicken Teriyaki at the Yakitori House...mmmmmmmmm...so good...and we could go to MGM, EPCOT, or The Magic Kingdom just to have dinner and see the fireworks and get great discounts on food, downtown disney, shops in the parks and so much more!
    Its just amazing more that we have never gotten it before because it just saves you so much money and actually allows you to do so much more than a normal ticket! If you go to disney more than 2-3 times out of a year and espicaly if you live close by, I say GET IT!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12