Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Disney On A Dime Discuss Types of food to bring to resorts in the Money Saving Tips / Budgeting forums; Are there micros in port orleans? I was thinking of bringing some instant oatmeal....
    tiggaman is offline A-Ticket holder
    Are there micros in port orleans? I was thinking of bringing some instant oatmeal.

tiggaman is offline A-Ticket holder
    Are there micros in port orleans? I was thinking of bringing instant oatmeal for breakfast.
    Last edited by tiggaman; 05-14-2008 at 07:03 PM.

minniesmh is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I know that there are no microwaves in the AS resorts. But you can use the microwaves in the food court. There is also one of those toaster units where you put your item on a metal conveyor belt. Please do not put your croissant in one of those, it will get stuck (some guests apparently cannot read the sign with pictures stating this fact). I'm sure that a Pop-Tart will work fine. They do not check that you are using it for items bought in the food court. You could also bring some microwave popcorn for a snack in your room, or around the pool.
    minniesmh

emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by minniesmh View Post
    I know that there are no microwaves in the AS resorts. But you can use the microwaves in the food court. There is also one of those toaster units where you put your item on a metal conveyor belt. Please do not put your croissant in one of those, it will get stuck (some guests apparently cannot read the sign with pictures stating this fact). I'm sure that a Pop-Tart will work fine. They do not check that you are using it for items bought in the food court. You could also bring some microwave popcorn for a snack in your room, or around the pool.
    You know, I never even thought about that. You're right. That would totally work.
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder
    if you're going to be there more than a few days or know you'll use a lot of food, definitely use gardengrocers.com. we had really good luck with it.
    the prices aren't hideous and it's so much easier than having to pack food to take, this way you aren't worrying about stuff breaking on the way down. especially a nice thing now with the stupid charges on luggage, you don't have to take extra bags or go over their weight limit. you have to make a $40 minimum order plus a $12 delivery charge but i thought it was well worth it.

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: Types of food to bring to resorts

garden grocer will deliver to your room cost is very responbile. would be easy than carry food. airport are now charging for an extra suitcase.
    J&J

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe View Post
    Another option is to use a service to provide non perishable foods. A couple I have heard of are WeGoShop or GardenGrocer

I'm curious why you'd say these are for NON-perishable foods? That's simply not accurate.

There are three delivery options in the local area. The above two are stand-alone delivery services. They shop at local markets and deliver to your room at your resort. They absolutely ARE NOT LIMITED to non-perishable foods ... they deliver anything sold in a supermarket.

A third option is the one that I've used 3 times. Gooding's (www.goodings.com) is a local supermarket that also offers delivery. They deliver to your resort's Bell Services, not to you in your room. Bell Services calls you, and if you're not in they store your groceries for you, even keeping the cold stuff cold (Gooding's separately bags and labels the cold stuff).

Using one of these services will be SO MUCH EASIER than trying to pack everything.

We generally eat breakfasts in the room. We're not huge breakfast eaters to begin with. Some breakfast-type things we've bought in the past are: bagels, cream cheese, margarine, deli-sliced cheese, yogurt, cheese sticks, fresh fruit, OJ, milk, cold cereal, instant oatmeal packets (use the coffee maker to heat up the water!!!), and probably some other things I'm missing.

If you want any more details on grocery delivery options, just ask!
    -- Eric

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by tiggaman View Post
    Are there micros in port orleans? I was thinking of bringing instant oatmeal for breakfast.
    I realize I am posting this nearly a year after you posted your question, but just in case anyone else is reading this ...

You can use the coffee maker in your room to heat up water for packets of instant oatmeal. Works great!!!

Thee are no microwaves in guest rooms at WDW at any level of resort, except for the All Star Music's family suites, and in some DVC suites.
    -- Eric

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12