Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Links Discuss Scouting with the Mouse in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Hi all, Hope I'm not abusing this section of the forum, but I just wanted to take a moment to introduce you to a new site that just went up ...
    Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder

Arrow Scouting with the Mouse

Hi all,

Hope I'm not abusing this section of the forum, but I just wanted to take a moment to introduce you to a new site that just went up this morning. Scouting With the Mouse (Scouting with the Mouse - Home Page) is a new site dedicated to all the Scouting requirements that can be met doing Disney stuff both on a Disney vacation and at home. And it's not just for Scouters either.... homeschoolers and parents that are looking for edutainment will enjoy perusing the requirements and finding something their child is interested in and how they can relate it to Disney.

There are many parts of the site that are free including the forums and the chat rooms and perusing the requirements and Disney activities. MouseScouteers (members) get additional benefits too, though. MouseScouteers can:
    Save their child's rank and Scouting activities completed data (for their security we only save the child's first name)

Receive, on request, individualized reports based on their child's current rank and Scouting activities completed

Save information regarding their next trip to Disney

Receive a personalized email thirty days before their trip with individualized activity information geared towards each child associated with their MouseScouteer account

Rate the activities on our site so others may learn from their knowledge and opinions
    So what do all these great MouseScouteer benefits cost? A mere $20USD a year. And that's not all. I agree with Walt Disney that we shouldd always try to "plus" it. We also believe, as he did and as Scouting teaches, that we need to give something back to the community. Every quarter Scouting with the Mouse donates one quarter of profits to the Give Kids the World foundation. So if you become a MouseScouteer, not only do you make your searches easier and get detailed, personalized information for sharing the magic of Disney with your children -- you also help another child experience the magic.

But you don't have to become a member to enjoy all the fun. Stop by and check out the forums. Check out the chats. Check out all that we have to offer. I hope you'll use the "contact us" link to give us some feedback on the site. And I hope you'll enjoy yourself. Thanks!
    Hypermommy

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    That is cool. I will have to keep this in mind for next year when my DD becomes a Daisy. Tho I really would like to see a sample of some of the GS activities before I would pay for it. (not that I dont trust ya ) BTW...when you go into the review activites by rank for GS it comes up with some weird error screen. I looked at the BS one and it looks fun. Great Idea for a site and since I am cyber schooking next year this will help too but I have this picture in my head of the Country Bears movie where the teacher writes on everything Beary does "But does it always have to be about Disney (in place of the counrty bears)" LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Thanks for letting me know. By the time your daughter is in Daisy's, I'll definitely have some Girl Scout stuff up. And thanks for letting me know about that error you get. I'm on it right now.
    Hypermommy

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I really do like the site. and you are welcome. LOL you have to start with the Daisys you know. LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Okay, the rank related error is fixed. Thanks for letting me know about it. And you're right... I'll definitely start with Daisies. I'll probably start loading data about them in the morning. Thanks again for letting me know about the error.
    Hypermommy

Hey there, hi there, ho there all!

We now have Daisy Scouting Information included and will be adding more soon. I need to talk to someone who's daughter has done the Daisy Scouting program just to make sure I'm understanding it. If your daughter has done this program and you'd be willing to answer a few questions via email, please contact me at hypermommy@comcast.net.
    Hypermommy