Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Links Discuss Orlando Attractions Magazine in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Hi all - Just wanted to let you know that some people I know from WDW Magic message boards have just come out with a new magazine named Orlando Attractions ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

Orlando Attractions Magazine

Hi all - Just wanted to let you know that some people I know from WDW Magic message boards have just come out with a new magazine named Orlando Attractions magazine. They say it will be very similar in style to the old DIsney Magazine and it will focus on WDW, SeaWorld, Universal, Busch, etc.
    They just began taking subscriptions.
    Here is the website if anyone is interested: Orlando Attractions Magazine - Your source for Orlando-area theme parks and attractions!

I think that it will be really awesome. If anyone is unsure, I am receiving my first issue sometime in November so I can let you know how it is.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

I know none of you replied to this, but I am hoping that some of you who viewed it have checked out the site and maybe even subscribed.
    I just received the first issue yesterday in the mail and it was exceptional!
    They had a great article about the Haunted Mansion and awesome coverage of Epcot's 25th Anniversary. Also an interesting article about an upcoming water park at Sea World. I have never been to Sea World but with this new addition I think I will be wanting to!
    Also Lou's name was mentioned in the mag as well.
    I hope that you all can check it out.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Looks great! Do you know can you pick these up in a Borders or B&N? I'd like to see an issue before I subscribe.

As of right now they only have it available on newstands and in bookstores in the Orlando area.
    I believe they are working on getting it nationwide but as of right now not yet.

So far he has mentioned that it is at the bookstore in Celebration, the Sheraton Safari Hotel Gift Shop, and at both bookstores on Marco Island in Southwest Florida.

But I did really enjoy the first one and I am sure they will only get better with time. I know alot of the information can probably be found on the internet, like most things, but there is just something about receiving it in print that is exciting to me. Is that weird? LOL.
    Last edited by Shere_Khan; 12-06-2007 at 04:18 PM.

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I would like to pick one up next week when I am at Disney World. Do you know where they are available? Or how to find out? Thanks.

My above post has a few places where they are sold. I am not sure if they are sold on Disney property though. I will try to find out and get back to you.

I received the second issue yesterday and it is just as great if not better then the first. I hope some of you are checking this out.

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle
    Waiting anxiously for my 2nd issue to arrive!

I got engaged @ WDW 1/24/10

Pardon the double posting.

Has anyone received their second issue yet?

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    I subscribed through reading this thread a few weeks ago.................I ordered the First 2 copies as well as taking the subscription for a year starting with the March/April ( 3rd copy ) & have received both the first two copies together...................they are both great......loads to read.........I LOVE them.....................the next is due ( 3rd copy) sometime in March..............it will be the March/April one.
    The first one had the Epcot Ball on the cover & the second one had The Simpsons......................
    I live in the UK.........so be aware that the shipping charge over to the UK IS $40 as well as the magazines price.......................but to me its worth it...............you can,t get anything like this over here & whats great is it covers not only Disneyworld but all the other Parks too

I Belle
    Maggie

Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan View Post
    I received the second issue yesterday and it is just as great if not better then the first. I hope some of you are checking this out.
    As you can see I did check it out ......................thanks for Starting this thread ...................I,d never have known about these otherwise

I Belle
    Maggie

Quote Originally Posted by disneylady View Post
    As you can see I did check it out ......................thanks for Starting this thread ...................I,d never have known about these otherwise
    I am so glad that you love them! I sometimes talk to the people who made the magazine on another web site and I will be sure to let them know that you are lovin it! I hardly ever get to go to the parks so it is fun to read about it when I can't aways go!
    I am sure they appreciate your support!

Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan View Post
    I am so glad that you love them! I sometimes talk to the people who made the magazine on another web site and I will be sure to let them know that you are lovin it! I hardly ever get to go to the parks so it is fun to read about it when I can't aways go!
    I am sure they appreciate your support!
    Yes tell them I love it....................I posted a link to it on another website that I post on & gave it the .....................& a mention of how good I thought it was

I Belle
    Maggie

Hope I get mine soon!

Anyone had the 3rd copy yet ?....................It was to be dispached in March I beleive...................I suppose mine will take longer as I,m in the UK

I Belle
    Maggie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast