Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Links Discuss Disfriends update in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; For those of you that are members over at Disfriends, there is some good news. Trent has decided to keep the site going instead of shutting it down next week. ...
    Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder

Disfriends update

For those of you that are members over at Disfriends, there is some good news.

Trent has decided to keep the site going instead of shutting it down next week. For those who, aren't members, I would suggest signing up when he gets the new version up and running in a few weeks. It is another great Disney community

Here is the post Trent put on the website.

Okay friends, your love of the Adventurers Club might not be able to save it from closure -- but your love of DisFriends has caused me to reverse course!
    I've made the decision to continue with my DisFriends journey. Why for? For two very important reasons.
    If you recall, my primary reason for closing DisFriends was simply due to lack of time. First off, it was a huge effort to custom code any new feature -- and there were tons of common social networking features that I wanted to see added to the site. Secondly, I just didn't have the time to manage the spam and the inappropriate content, etc.
    Just today I stumbled across easy-to-administer, easy-to-customize social networking software that has everything I could want and more already built-in and that requires no custom programming. Once I get this up and running, DisFriends will have all of those amazing features I had so wanted to add: Music, Video, Discussion Forums, Groups, Chat, etc.!
    As for not having the time to moderate the site, I've received a number of offers of help. I've come to realize that having just a few volunteers could take a lot of the admin work off my shoulders.
    Perhaps most importantly, I've felt the love and support from you all. I've received so many kind notes and as I said, lots of offers to help!
    I have now removed the DisFriends.com eBay auction. Honestly, it's a bit embarrassing to change course like this after I've caused such a big hoopla about the site closing and have lost the attention (and confidence?) of many existing members. But hopefully, in the months to come, we'll be able to regain some of the traction we were starting to get in the Disney fan community.
    When the "new" DisFriends launches, all members will be asked to sign up again with the new software and create your profile over again. I truly think it will be worth it with all of the added functionality that this new software promises.
    I hope to launch the new DisFriends my in about 2 weeks!

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    I've heard of a few other sites popping up due to the closure, and one in particular is still going to open up and has over 30 members on it already, and it hasn't officially opened up yet!

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    I've heard of a few other sites popping up due to the closure, and one in particular is still going to open up and has over 30 members on it already, and it hasn't officially opened up yet!
    Hey can I be one or your buddies?
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    Hey can I be one or your buddies?
    Sure, just ask

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder
    I just went over and checked and the new Disfriends is now live.