Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Disney Links Discuss Lets Be Sad.. :( (20K) in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Weird, huh? Well, its the Disney movie's second signature theme, and it was used in the attraction queue. I wouldn't say its THAT far off topic....
    20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Weird, huh?
    Well, its the Disney movie's second signature theme, and it was used in the attraction queue. I wouldn't say its THAT far off topic.
    Last edited by 20K; 06-03-2005 at 11:40 AM.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I'm J/K'n 20...

the title rings a bell, I probably read it in some trivia some where.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    I'm J/K'n 20...

the title rings a bell, I probably read it in some trivia some where.
    Don't worry, I know!
    The song was written for the 1954 Disney version of the story, and is sung firstly by Kirk Douglas' character Ned Land near the beginning, and the tune is then used as a kind of cue for him throughout the rest of the movie.

- Walt Disney

Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads. A whale of a tale or two, bout' the flappin' fish and the girls I've loved on the nights like this with the moon above...A whale of a tale and it's all true. I swear by my tatoo!

There was Mermaid Minnie, met her down in Madagaskar. She would kiss me anytime that I would ask her. Then one evening, her flame of love blew out. Blow me down and pick me up...she swapped me for a trout!

(chorus...first paragraph get's repeated here)

There was Typhoon Tessie, met her on the coast of Java. When we kissed I bubbled up like molten lava. Then she gave me the scare of my young life. Blow me down and pick me up...she was the captain's wife!

(chorus)

We have this on one of our CD's in our vehicle and my DH sings it ALL THE TIME! It took me a little bit to sing it over and over again so I could get the words...but here they are! Love the movie, love the ride (miss it terribly) and I guess I even love the song....

megolson is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I can't say that I ever rode that ride, but perhaps something like that at Disneyland??? Mmmmmmmm... that website is very depressing, watching how it was built to being tossed away like yesterdays garbage into the boneyard...
    Disneyland #1 1992
    Disneyland #2 1994
    Tokyo Disney Oct-1997
    Disney World #1 June 1999
    Disney World #2 Dec-Jan 2000
    Disney World #3 Nov.-2004
    (My kids and Husbands first time)

Disney World #4 Sept. 3rd-10th, 2005 (Going back for more!!)

Quote Originally Posted by megolson
    that website is very depressing

ya it is

hey 20k, I found a HM (kinda) in Finding Nemo! When the school of fish try to get Dory to guess what they are, they sing Whale of A Tale while forming a pirate ship!

I feel so accomplished now!

<--

click the bummed out dude to get homesick.
    Last edited by Tampa; 06-14-2005 at 04:33 PM.

4Mickey is offline &quot;But why is the Rum gone?&quot;
    Wow, I really miss that ride. I have a little bit of it on video tape. It was mostly while everyone was still boarding though. I remember getting scared during the "attack scene".
    Thanks for the link to a great site!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

4Mickey is offline &quot;But why is the Rum gone?&quot;
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98

Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads. A whale of a tale or two, bout' the flappin' fish and the girls I've loved on the nights like this with the moon above...A whale of a tale and it's all true. I swear by my tatoo!

There was Mermaid Minnie, met her down in Madagaskar. She would kiss me anytime that I would ask her. Then one evening, her flame of love blew out. Blow me down and pick me up...she swapped me for a trout!

(chorus...first paragraph get's repeated here)

There was Typhoon Tessie, met her on the coast of Java. When we kissed I bubbled up like molten lava. Then she gave me the scare of my young life. Blow me down and pick me up...she was the captain's wife!

(chorus)

We have this on one of our CD's in our vehicle and my DH sings it ALL THE TIME! It took me a little bit to sing it over and over again so I could get the words...but here they are! Love the movie, love the ride (miss it terribly) and I guess I even love the song....

You should have put the clap claps in there. I can't sing it without doing that!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

20K's awesome 20k site link!

http://www.20kride.com/home.html

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Oh I loved this ride when I was little I agree that Cave did give me the willys but all in all an awesome ride. It surly will be missed. Dang Disney for getting rid of all the cool rides

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    You should have put the clap claps in there. I can't sing it without doing that!
    Me too!

hey 20k, I found a HM (kinda) in Finding Nemo! When the school of fish try to get Dory to guess what they are, they sing Whale of A Tale while forming a pirate ship!
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I almost burst into singing...

20K's awesome 20k site link!

http://www.20kride.com/home.html
    20KRide.Com is a fantastic website. Unfortunately, Dave the webmaster mentioned an update about a year ago, to include the scrapping of the fleet and the (Then) impending lagoon demolition, and after that, the site hasn't been updated since. That has led many of us to believe that the site has been abandoned. Not surprising really, if you take into account how much all of that must have cost to keep online.

HOWEVER - Look out for a 20K Ride forum, coming soon....

You'll all join up, of course?
    I hope so anyway. I can see there's a good few 20K fans on here.

While you're all talking about how sad you feel over the hole there now is in Fantasyland, I can't even begin to talk about my feelings. OK, I don't let it get to my head. I realise it's an attraction, not a dead friend or relative.

But aside from that, I genuinely feel no need to go back to Walt Disney World, mainly after the lagoon's demolition in 2004. The ride could have easily been returned to operation. The rumours about damage to the Utilidors were just that, rumours, and nothing else. The lagoon had NO STRUCTURAL PROBLEMS. The showbuilding could have done with some restructuring, as well as having the rotting maintainence catwalks removed and replaced, but that is nothing to an international corporation such as Disney. If they hadbothered, they could have very easily have recomissioned 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea. I really don't want to go into how right now, but if anyone DOES want to know, I am more than willing to tell them.

The attraction has had a lasting effect on me, lest of which includes taking up SCUBA diving, as well as considering commercial diving or ROV piloting as a career, as well as developing an interest in marine exploration. That is due entirely to the short eight minute voyages I enjoyed those years back.

For me, 20,000 Leagues didn't die in 1994. It died in 2004.
    Last edited by 20K; 08-17-2005 at 03:46 PM.

- Walt Disney

I must have looked at every photo on that site!

and since it's presumably abandoned, are the videos still able to be viewed? I'm leary about giving up my quarters.

Tampa, if you want those vids for free in better resolution, PM me.
    Payment will be joining the soon to be 20K Ride forum!
    Last edited by 20K; 08-17-2005 at 03:50 PM.

- Walt Disney

you got a deal.. and a PM

ty bro..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast