Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Disney Links Discuss Lets Be Sad.. :( (20K) in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; click here to be sad....
    Tampa is offline No longer in service

Unhappy Lets Be Sad.. :( (20K)

click here to be sad.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Wow I never got to ride the ride, so it's interesting to see what it was like.

Now I'm sad I never rode it.

checking in (in person) on their destruction of the attraction was a real let down. Considering it was an elite attraction of it's time, I find it hard to believe the Disney Co does not regret one second of there way of thinking.

I loved how the sub entered into the caves, and you were made to believe that you're diving to 20,000 leagues. I loved everything about the ride, except for that part, mainly because it seemed sooo real! In the lagoon, you could see the "sea" floor, and the top of the water. It made you feel safe and all, that is, until the cave! I didn't like riding as a child because of that cave scene. Once enetered, you could not see ANY sea floor, nor where the top of the water was! All that can be seen in the pitch black sea was an extremely hazy purplish glow, and glowing angler fish and other weird creatures of the deep.. and then, the sub is attacked!

Thanks for a great start to the morning Tampa! Oh how I miss 20K!!!!

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    checking in (in person) on their destruction of the attraction was a real let down. Considering it was an elite attraction of it's time, I find it hard to believe the Disney Co does not regret one second of there way of thinking.
    I hear that it was destroyed because it always broke down, and cost too much to fix. But I feel your pain.

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I feel so sad....my grandfather loved that ride! I wish it was still here because I have such a hard time remembering it.

-Scott
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by jarmitc2032
    I hear that it was destroyed because it always broke down, and cost too much to fix. But I feel your pain.
    That's partially true. Other factors that led to its demise included the inability to keep the tank clean, the slow loading times, lak of handicap accessibility, etc.

Read my article about the 20,000 Leagues attrction (which I have fond memories of and miss very much) HERE
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    good ride, don't really miss it though.

by the way Tampa, nice avatar (remember the PM?)

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Well, there's always the conspiracy theory too

You should check out the rest of the site anyway. Pat Reagan has done an amazing job. Check out the scale Nautilus one-man sub and the diving suits.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    You know, I couldn't really remember this attraction until I saw the pictures, and then it all came back to me....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    This was one of my favorite rides ever... I miss it so much. One of the things I will never forget is that when I was real little, my father would be the one to take me on the ride because my mother can't handle having water over her head... but the only problem with that is every time he carried me on and off the ride he would bang my head on the top of the entry way. OUCH!!!
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    remember the PM?

Looking at the rest of the linked site, I'm pleased that other Disney parks have not only kept Captain Nemo alive, but very small pieces of our ride as well. Such as countless replicas of Nautilus in Paris (I think) and pieces of the subs themselves, have been Ebayed off.

I'm still though.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    On the subject of tributes, does the Magic Kingdom still have 'Whale Of A Tale' in its entrance music loop? They still did last time I was there.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

the one time we have you talk about 20K, and you change the subject.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast