Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Links Discuss Tips on how to get more Visitors and Please go to my Blog and leave a Comment! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I am asking for your tips on how to get more visitors on my blog. Also if you could check my blog out and leave a comment please! Thank you! ...
    penguinmickdis1 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Tips on how to get more Visitors and Please go to my Blog and leave a Comment!

I am asking for your tips on how to get more visitors on my blog. Also if you could check my blog out and leave a comment please! Thank you! You can find by blog at The Four Parks

disneyfun55 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Tips on how to get more Visitors and Please go to my Blog and leave a Comment!

This is going to come across as really harsh so I apologize in advance. I took a quick view of your blog entitled "The Four Parks - A Blog About Walt Disney World and Disney Video Games". I not only viewed the first page, but also viewed about 4 older posts as well. Here are my thoughts:
    • For a blog whose title says it is about the parks, there is very little content on the parks. The only post I could find was about a poll that you ran about which park needed an update more. You announced the winner, but didn't give any info on why EPCOT needs to be updated more, what should be done, or anything else. It was a simple announcement that left me wanting more.
    • The blog seems to be mostly dedicated to Nintendo video games. These games tend to skew towards a much younger demographic that you would find here on WDW Radio. I would hazard a guess that the average demographic that uses a Wii or a DS would be 8-14 years old, which in my opinion would be much to young to be left unattended viewing most blogs that are out there. If you are going to focus on those video games, you may want to take an approach of a game reviewer that can give parents good advice on which video games to get their children.
    • I liked the videos about Tron! They were great! Keep posting things like that! Add to it videos from the parks, photos from your past vacations, with your recommendations on what to see and do! Then take a page out of Lou's book and ask for reader feed back! Tell everyone that you want to here what they have to say! If you don't invite, people may not know that you want your blog to be interactive (I assume that you do) and is simply a platform for you to express yourself. People are much more likely to get involved if they think their opinion will be listened to and valued.

I hope that this helps! Again, my apologies if it seems a bit harsh. I thought you would appreciate honest feedback from a WDW parks nerd like myself.

Re: Tips on how to get more Visitors and Please go to my Blog and leave a Comment!

Thanks, not harsh at all. There is a huge Nintendo fan base spanning from kids to adults though. I would try to write more under somthing like the Epcot posts but when I'm really busy it tends to be hard to do that. Thanks for the help, every piece of advice helps!

I actually have a few Disney World/Disney in general posts coming this week including topics like splash mountain.

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

I started my blog in July this year and the first piece of advice I'd give is to make the blog what you want it to be about. That's why I don't want to comment on your content. Keep writing about things that interest you, don't write just to appeal to readers, they'll be able to tell if you're not passionate about your writing.
    Promote your blog as much as possible. I post links to mine on FB and Twitter, comment on other people's blogs using my 'blog name'. It's all about spreading the word. The more people know about you the more they'll want to read.

Also remember...there are thousands of Disney related blogs out there. You might get a lot of visitors but they won't all leave comments; some people want to be invisible, some people have no opinion, and some just don't have time!!

Good luck and enjoy
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

cheeneemyrans is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Splash Mountain? Hmmm haven't heard of that yet. I am looking forward to that.