Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Disney Links Discuss The World You Used to Know in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Yeah, that was a big mistake on my part. I will not be addressing that poster in the future. I grew up at WDW, it has a lot of meaning ...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: The World You Used to Know

Yeah, that was a big mistake on my part. I will not be addressing that poster in the future. I grew up at WDW, it has a lot of meaning to me. And a lot of really great memories and feelings. I won't let some insecure numbskull sully that.

Enough you guys! One reason people have left other forums was because members play the "I know more than you know" or the "I'm right and you're wrong" game. People don't need to read a fight between members.

Jenn has worked hard on this and she wants to share it please don't make me lock this thread. I don't want to have to use my angry eyes!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

simba is offline A-Ticket holder

It would be awesome if she could find the old black and white videos of Walt discussing the Walt Disney resort plans. I've seen clips of these videos but never the whole films.
    David Simba Zitzelberger
    Author, Painter, Disney Enthusiast

Author of the fictional Disney novel "Magical Escapades":
    http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/magicalescapades

Disney College Program Fall 2012--Merchandise

Blog: www.magicalescapades.blogspot.com

2011-December, Port Orleans Riverside
    2011-March, Day visit to Wilderness Lodge
    2010-May, Disneyland
    2009-June, Hilton Grand Vacations
    2008-December, Port Orleans Riverside
    2007-July, Pop Century
    2004-August, All Star Movies Fantasia
    2002-June, All Star Movies 101 Dalmatians
    1995-July, Dixie Landings

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Thank you SOOOO much to all of you who posted up such kind words. I am feeling quite humbled by the support. I knew I was enjoying putting the site together but I didn't expect such great reactions right out the box... especially when so much of the site is still under construction!

Each week I get a few more pages done (for the attraction write-ups etc.) so within the next month or so it should be nearly complete. I am taking my time to make sure that I research everything before I publish it because what I think is fact, may be just an incorrect memory. I don't want to misstate something as being true about an attraction and get a poor opinion of the site as a result... so... I'd rather be slow about it and make sure the information is true!

Thank you again to all of you for the kind words. Please continue to check back every now and then to see what I'm doing with it!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I'll tell you what, Jenn. It's a shame that it takes someone like you to put together such a great site on Disney's history, while the company itself is so willing to allow their history to fall by the wayside. Doesn't seem that fans have much choice but to take on projects like these themselves. Disney owes you a paycheck.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I'll tell you what, Jenn. It's a shame that it takes someone like you to put together such a great site on Disney's history, while the company itself is so willing to allow their history to fall by the wayside. Doesn't seem that fans have much choice but to take on projects like these themselves. Disney owes you a paycheck.
    Well I figure they are busy planning what to make extinct next so I'm ok with it. I don't know about a paycheck but a 50% discount or something would be nice.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Well I figure they are busy planning what to make extinct next so I'm ok with it. I don't know about a paycheck but a 50% discount or something would be nice.
    HA!!

Actually, there used to be another site devoted to extinct WDW attractions, but yours is already light years ahead of it. You say it's still under construction, but it's already far more exhaustive than anything that has come before it.

Got the link in my favorites!

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Actually, there used to be another site devoted to extinct WDW attractions, but yours is already light years ahead of it. You say it's still under construction, but it's already far more exhaustive than anything that has come before it.
    Thank you so much! There is a site called Walt Dated World that is very good but personally, I think it needs a lot of work. Informationally it's great though. There is also my personal favorite, that I can only hope to live up to, Widen Your World. The author of that site is actually the owner of many of the videos I linked to and he is just awesome. If there was such a thing as a competition amongst extinct WDW sites though, he'd win. I'd maybe get silver. Thank you though again for the kind words! I'm sooooo happy you guys like it because frankly, it was each and every member of this forum that I was most worried about opinion wise. You guys are here because you love WDW so I value your opinions!

Walt Dated World! That's the one!

Yeah, that Widen Your World guy has one heck of a collection of videos. I actually dug through some of them after I linked there from your site for the World of Motion video. He's done a fantastic job as well. That Living Seas video he's got on there is very impressive.

I swear I have a picture of my brother, in costume, posing in front of Thunder Mountain before the tracks were put in (he was an original CM for that attraction). If I find it, I'll send you a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    I swear I have a picture of my brother, in costume, posing in front of Thunder Mountain before the tracks were put in (he was an original CM for that attraction). If I find it, I'll send you a copy.
    Oh my goodness I would LOVE to have that!! Please do!

I'll get my son to help me search for it this weekend. I don't know if I have it, or my father does. But, I'll do my best to track it down.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

***MODERATOR INTERVENTION***

enough is enough boys. If this keeps up the moderators here at WDWRadio will have to take action.

A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow is the original song for the original Carousel of Progress, it did indeed open in Walt Disney World with Now is the Time. So I, too consider it the original, at least for the venue.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

I should have made it clear that when referring to Now Is The Time as being the original tune, I was referring to the "original tune" as far as WDW was concerned.

I apologize for the confusion.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Lou talks about Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow in a bunch of his podcasts, and they also have that great footage of the Sherman Brothers and Walt Disney singing it together I think it's the podcast with Richard Sherman that talks about them writing the song- it's a really, really great episode, I recommend it! I too consider GBBT the original song as it's what Walt Disney had written for the song, but I'm sure we find opinions pretty evenly split as far as song preference goes. Everyone is nostalgic for different things

Great website by the way! Things have changed since I started going, but I went once in 1995 (I was 10) and then it was a few years after that that I started going a lot, so I missed a lot of things that people remember. WDW hasn't changed as drastically for me I guess, but it's nice to read about old stuff.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Love the old photos, looks nice.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast