Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Disney Links Discuss The World You Used to Know in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Ok folks it's time for me to officially announce the project I've eluded to so many times (like here: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/disne...s-stories.html ). Extinct Disney - a site dedicated to the attractions ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Talking The World You Used to Know

Ok folks it's time for me to officially announce the project I've eluded to so many times (like here: Send Me Your Pictures and Stories).

Extinct Disney - a site dedicated to the attractions we knew and loved - is officially up and running! It's still very much under construction but I think it's at a point now where it's at least worth sharing officially.

I'm proud of what I've done so far but it definitely needs a lot of work. Honestly it'll probably be one of those sites that is constantly under construction... knowing me, as soon as it's "finished" I'll go in and completely revamp it.

So head on over and check it out folks! Let me know whatcha think! Have a Magical Day!!
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 02-21-2012 at 03:36 PM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: The World You Used to Know

Wow! Masterfully done, Jenn. Brings back a ton of great memories.

I wish I had some of my fathers pictures from back then. I will see if I have anything worthwhile in my family albums, though.

Piglit is offline C-Ticket Holder

Wow, great start. I look forward to following the progress.
    I enjoyed the CoP section. I hadn't seen that version on video before, the present theme song is much jollier.
    "Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse"

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Haven't watched the video for that one yet (spent most of my time watching the tribute vids for The Living Seas and World of Motion last night).

That said, I don't know which tune they featured but I'm a huge Now Is The Time guy. Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow is fine, but I miss the original tune...

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    That said, I don't know which tune they featured but I'm a huge Now Is The Time guy. Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow is fine, but I miss the original tune...
    Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow WAS the original song. Then when they switched out sponsors, GE wanted a new song that wasn't about "tomorrow' (if I'm selling appliances, I'd want people to buy them today)so they added Now is the Time. Then when sponsorship changed hands again, they went back to Tomorrow.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow WAS the original song. Then when they switched out sponsors, GE wanted a new song that wasn't about "tomorrow' (if I'm selling appliances, I'd want people to buy them today)so they added Now is the Time. Then when sponsorship changed hands again, they went back to Tomorrow.
    It's an admirable use of Google on your part, but Now Is The Time was indeed the original song on the CoP in Walt Disney World.

Unless you heard Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow in WDW in 1973, then please...well, you know...

Not Google. Just a bit of reading on WDW. Books are fun. You should look into 'em. But I've always preferred Now is the Time anyway.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Though common sense would dictate that, since the Shermans wrote "Tomorrow" for the World's Fair...

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Not Google. Just a bit of reading on WDW. Books are fun. You should look into 'em. But I've always preferred Now is the Time anyway.
    Yeah, that's the key. Impugn my intelligence because I was speaking from firsthand experience/memory and you were speaking from a quick Google search.

And, of course, all of this simply proves that I do not read books.

Your immaturity is embarrassing.

Google search? You really think I skipped over everyone else's posts on this site and thought to look up yours to see if the random statement was correct? You think far too much of yourself.

I wasn't around for the signing of the Declaration of Independence, either, but that hasn't stopped me from learning about history. As with most things that happened way before my time, I've had to gain knowledge by reading.

I appreciate the fact that you take full advantage of the safety the internet provides you to let your inner problem child run free. I just don't understand why you choose this site to be the one you trash up with such nonsense.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 09-05-2011 at 02:25 PM.

BrendaBelle is offline A-Ticket holder

I've enjoyed everything you've put together. I wish I could have experienced some of the old attractions, but I'm glad that I can at least enjoy them through old videos and pictures. Looking forward to the things you do with the site.

I feel bad for those who never got to see a lot of those things. There are so many outstanding attractions that are gone.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Ok folks it's time for me to officially announce the project I've eluded to so many times (like here: Send Me Your Pictures and Stories).

Extinct Disney - a site dedicated to the attractions we knew and loved - is officially up and running! It's still very much under construction but I think it's at a point now where it's at least worth sharing officially.

I'm proud of what I've done so far but it definitely needs a lot of work. Honestly it'll probably be one of those sites that is constantly under construction... knowing me, as soon as it's "finished" I'll go in and completely revamp it.

So head on over and check it out folks! Let me know whatcha think! Have a Magical Day!!
    Grrreat site!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

simba is offline A-Ticket holder

Will definitely have to check nto this on my laptop--iphones arent the easiest for exploring new sites haha. Cant wait to see it!! Thanks to everyone who helps to keep the magic alive (and shame on those who argue on sites such as this! Its disney! Be happy )
    David Simba Zitzelberger
    Author, Painter, Disney Enthusiast

Author of the fictional Disney novel "Magical Escapades":
    http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/magicalescapades

Disney College Program Fall 2012--Merchandise

Blog: www.magicalescapades.blogspot.com

2011-December, Port Orleans Riverside
    2011-March, Day visit to Wilderness Lodge
    2010-May, Disneyland
    2009-June, Hilton Grand Vacations
    2008-December, Port Orleans Riverside
    2007-July, Pop Century