Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Links Discuss Help Expanding My Blog Readership in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I wanted to know what is the best way to get more reader for my blog about Disney and gaming The Four Parks Also waht is the best way to ...
    penguinmickdis1 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Help Expanding My Blog Readership

I wanted to know what is the best way to get more reader for my blog about Disney and gaming The Four Parks Also waht is the best way to get people to comment and would any of you ever leave a comment? Thanks for the help.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Re: Help Expanding My Blog Readership

Me personally I rarely comment on blogs. I usually read them as informational or entertaining and don't feel a need to "converse" with the writer. Getting more readership I think really just comes over time if you have the content. In other words, if what you're writing gets people's attention, they'll share it with others who will share it as well and your readership will increase as a result.

My site: I am focusing less on getting it "out there" and more on the content and it's for those exact reasons. I know if I get my content to where it's something people want to see/read/experience, the amount of people visiting will go up in kind.

Keep up the great work and the readers will follow! Patience is the key!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Thanks! Though I love comments because it shows me their is a point to me writing and that people are actually being entertained.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

xxx
    Last edited by MartianCrab; 12-07-2011 at 03:51 PM.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Me personally I rarely comment on blogs. I usually read them as informational or entertaining and don't feel a need to "converse" with the writer. Getting more readership I think really just comes over time if you have the content. In other words, if what you're writing gets people's attention, they'll share it with others who will share it as well and your readership will increase as a result.

My site: I am focusing less on getting it "out there" and more on the content and it's for those exact reasons. I know if I get my content to where it's something people want to see/read/experience, the amount of people visiting will go up in kind.

Keep up the great work and the readers will follow! Patience is the key!
    Totally agree I know a lot of people read my blog but choose not to comment. I also read several blogs and just don't have time to leave a comment everytime.

As long as the people keep on reading I'll keep on writing....
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

Pirate Stitch is offline A-Ticket holder

That's what I am hoping for as well, I just need that initial boost for me though haha. I have outlets for people to respond to, and I post like a mad man, so I hope there is some good stuff to it. I think my aspect of why I would appreciate comments is to tell me what is interesting and what not to keep writing on. Otherwise I sound like a person just putting meaningless posts up. But yeah, good luck to all the bloggers out there!

I'm not going to be posting on my Disney/gaming blog any more and I started a new blog focused solely on Nintendo. It is at Nintendo Gamer Thoughts Just thought some of you may be interested.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

I unsubscribed recently because video games aren't something I care about, and seemed to be your primary focus. If you had written more on Disney I would have stayed interested.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

That's what I've noticed with my blog... People visit but do not tend to comment... I'm ok with that... I just wish I had more time to post more often... It becomes hard to keep up...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/