Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Meets Discuss Diversity--Gay Days 2007 in the Vacation Planning forums; I just wanted to post the schedule of Gay Days this year to let everyone know. I alos wanted to extend the olive branch to anyone who wants to discuss ...
    Bigbro501 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Diversity--Gay Days 2007

I just wanted to post the schedule of Gay Days this year to let everyone know. I alos wanted to extend the olive branch to anyone who wants to discuss anything about GAY DAYS. Another thread was closed down because it got badly off topic.

With this post I hope to be able to discuss Gay Days and answer any questions about the traditions, events, and gatherings. THIS POST IS NOT HERE TO DISCUSS IF GAY DAYS IS RIGHT OR WRONG, OR TO DISCUSS GAY ISSUES.

SO with that said let me give you a little History of Gay Day. It was started in 1991 with by Doug Swallow, who chatted with a group on a computor bulleting board (chat room of its day). They got a group together on the first Saturday in June of that year to go to Magic Kingdom as a group. They wore Red shirts to identify themsleves and a tradition of diversity was started. Now, the one day at the park has become a week long event. Disney World does not sponser anything about Gay Days. The after parties that are on Disney Property are private parties that are thrown by groups which rent out the parks for the evening. They are adult parties and no one under 21 is allowed. The City of Orlando does support Gay Days. At the begininng of the week they have a kick off party.

The parks and much of Disney property will be flooded with Gay People for the week of May 28-June 3, 2007. The official Gay Day in the Magic Kingdom is Saturday June 2, 2007. Pleasure Isle area will be very gay that entire week but Thursday June 31, 2007 will be particularly Gay. It is usually a tradition for chat groups and friends from years past to meet around the clubs and places that night.

Just wanted to let everyone here know the schedule. I don't want anyone planning a trip to Disney World during that week and be shocked or uncomfortable.

I will be at Disney World for all or at least the latter part of the week. I had a lot planned last year but this year I would like to set aside a specific day for my Disney World Trivia Family. I would like to meet anyone who might wnat to meet.

SO I know this is a long post. Please, let's keep it on subject and not let it become an GAY ISSUE post.

Sean
    Keep Swimming...Swimming...Swimming

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Sean, I for one want to thank you for your post. Whether one is for gays, against gays or sitting on the fence (sounds painful) it's nice to have the information available.

Your welcome Hypermommy. After the last thread about gay days was closed for getting out of hand, I emailed Lou and he said didn't mind if I discuss Gay Days here. He said it is good to have the information out there. So that is what i have decided to do, but instead of discussing it as a rumor, I decieded to keep everyone informed on what was going on so they can plan accordingly. I will keep this thread updated. I want everyone planning a trip that might be around Gay Days to know about what is going on each day. I don't want anyone uncomfortable.

Sean

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    I am so happy to see you opened up this thread Sean.

There is so much misinformation out there about Gay Days it is nice to have a legitimate source for good information.

It would be wonderful is you get a chance to meet up with some DWTers. Good luck with the meet.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

So here is a quick run down of the events that are happening at Gay Days this year.

Gay Days are May 29, 2007-June 4, 2007

The Royal Plaza is the offical Hotel of Gay Days. On Tuesday or Wednesday it will become Gay Day Central. On May 31st-June 2nd the Gay Days Expo will be happening there as well.

Thursday May 31, 2007 is Gay Day in Animal Kingdom. The Gay turn out is usually moderate on the is day. I have a Gay Day Yahoo Group and we have a planned meet at 3:30pm at the Dawa Bar. It is a small group. Any one interested in meeting (gay or not Gay) just show up or send me a private message. If you might be uncomfortable that thee may be Gay people in the park that way maybe steer clear of Animal Kingdom Park on this day.

Friday June 1, 2007 Is Gay Day at Disney-MGM (or Sea World). The Gay crowrd again will be moderate from what I have seen in years past. There have been 2 competign sites for years and one says SW and the other D-MGM. Either way the gay crowd is moderate.

Saturday June 2, 2007 Gay Day at the Magic Kingdom. This is the big day of celebration. The Gay Crowd will be heavy. Expect alot of groups of gay people even early morning at the breakfast at the Crystal Palace. This day you will see the biggest turn on of gay people in the parks all week. This is the day that could make any one uncomfortable around gay people extremely uncomfortable. WARNING: IF YOU ARE STILL PLANNING ON GOING TO THE MAGIC KINGDOM PARK ON THE DAY AND ARE NOT GAY THEN DO NOT WEAR RED. GAY PEOPLE WEAR RED TO BE COUNTED.

Sunday June 3, 2007 Gay Day at Epcot. The turn on is usually light to moderate. Typically it seems to be a pretty laid back day at the park. You still may see gay people but not in full force.

Other events during the week.

Offical Girls at Gay Days Hotel is the Hampton Inn Lake Buena Vista. I have never been to the offical girls hotel so I cannot tell you how crowded with lesbians it may or may not be. Any one have experienceat staying at the Girls at Gay Days Offical Hotel?

Pool Parties at Royal Plaza on Friday June 1st-Sunday June 3rd...From 12 noon -2am

Thursday May 31st is a big Gay crowd night at Pleasure Isle. I know my Gay Days Disney Yahoo Group will be meeting there (we stay mostly at the Adventurer's Club). The dance club Mannequins will have lines to get inside. At The Adventurer's Club there will be a lot of in jokes that are pointed toward the gay crowd. This can make the experience there one of the best you wll ever have if you are comfortable with the gay thing because the cast is very lose and loves Gay Days.

So that gives you the Gay Days report for this posting. Anything else that is going on I will let you know. If you have any questions or comments about any of the events or traditions of Gay Days post them here or leave me a private message.

Sean

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    That is really neat to hear about the Adventuerer's Club! i've noticed some new faces there lately! I'm glad they have fun with it!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives