Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss 2007 MagicMeets Information Thread in the Vacation Planning forums; Doesn't matter because you're going!!!!...
    Doesn't matter because you're going!!!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    Doesn't matter because you're going!!!!
    What? you're paying for me? Gee thanks

No- but I'll pay for your cookies

Lori

AND...

are you ready for this...

you'll

get

to

meet

ME!!!

oooooooohhhhhhh almost worth driving 7.5 hrs for

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    oooooooohhhhhhh almost worth driving 7.5 hrs for
    My DH is worth that drive.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    My DH is worth that drive.
    yeah he is

Majestic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    In this issue:
    1) Catch up with all messages already sent
    2) You're registered! Now what?
    3) WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
    4) Sponsors...LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE!
    5) Volunteers...we need you!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

MEI-Travel & Mouse Fan Travel

Specializing in Cruises & Vacation Packages &
    Providing our Signature Services with No Agency Fees

For info or a no obligation quote, visit our website at:
    www.MouseFanTravel.com

Official Vacation Planner of the 2007 MagicMeets Fans Gathering

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Just joined the list? Catch up!
    ================================
    Did you just sign up for the mailing list? If you did, you must be wondering where all of the good stuff is. Well, it's already been sent! Don't worry though, you can always catch up by reading the mailing list archive. I "HIGHLY" recommend that "EVERYONE" consider clicking the link and making sure that you have read "ALL" of the messages. I'm just one guy trying to keep everyone in the loop so the mailing list is really the easiest way to do that.

You can see past messages here: http://tinyurl.com/2ah2c5
    (Tinyurl.com takes long addresses and makes them short.)
    The list messages are ordered from most recentat the top to the first message at the bottom.

You're registered! Now what do you do?
    Well as I've mentioned in the past, registering tells me how much interest there is in attending the event. "IT DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU ENTRY TO THE EVENT!" (Sorry for the caps but I needed to make a point....) The registration system lets me gauge how many people want to come but it also gives you a head start when the time comes to start colllecting payments. See, with your account already created and all of your guests added, when we start collecting payments, all you will have to do is log back in to the registration system and click the payment button to confirm your registration which then turns it into a "reservation" or a "ticket" to the event. At that point you are guaranteed entry to the event. I'm hoping this makes sense. If it doesn't, please let me know.

WARNING WARNING WARNING!!
    Danger Danger Will Robinson! Now that I have your attention, I will say this. We signed for a block of 100 rooms at the hotel. That block has come and gone. The latest count puts us over 140 room nights!!! (What's a room night? Example: If 2 people book 1 room for 2 nights, that's 2 room nights.) This means, if you call for a room at this point, you might NOT get the $119 promotional rate. If the hotel gives you something other than that rate, please let me know. If they do, consider yourself fortunate. I'm not sure how much they will allow me to go over my room block size but I will be calling them on Monday to discuss further.

Also, I can't emphasize this enough!!! Those of you that followed the meet information last year know that we sold out. Yup! We "SOLD OUT" and it was a full 2 months PRIOR to the event. With the rooms going as fast as they are, I FULLY EXPECT THIS TO HAPPEN AGAIN! I "urge" those of you that want to attend this year to be sure you watch the mailing list for payment information to be announced. I also "urge" those of you that are considering going or are still on the fence to firm up your plan and be ready to pay for your registration when the time comes. I plan to limit the event to 500 people this year. That's 150 more than last year.

I'll pull another FACT from last year...when we sold out, I turned just over 100 people away AFTER we sold out. (and those are people that bothered to contact me) That means we might very well sell out VERY QUICKLY this year.

Again, all of this is a heads up. I want everyone to be informed. When I say everyone, I'll add some more FACTS for you to know. The registration system already has over 440 people registered. Last year, we had nearly 700 people registered (not paid but showing an interest in attending) and had 350 people attend.

Something else to know is the mailing list is now over 1000 people. That means those people are interested in reading about meet info as it gets released to the public.

If those numbers mean anything to you, the same as they mean to me, I would be very ready when the time comes to pay for your meet entry.

SPONSORS - LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE!
    ==========================
    We still have VERY LIMITED space available for sponsors. If you would like to sponsor the event please email fred@magicmeets.com to discuss further. There are several ways to sponsor. Communities, authors, and more can elect to attend and create a presence with a 6 foot table or you can elect to sponsor in print advertising without attending. (but why would you want to do that?)

CURRENT SPONSOR LIST
    I'd like to welcome and also thank all of the sponsors that have signed up for this year's event. Here is a list of some of them:
    Deb Wills of Allearsnet.com, WDWToday.com, Lou Mongello of Disneyworldtrivia.com, Mousefan/MEI Travel, Steve Barret of The Hidden Mickeys Guide, Intercot.com, mousemom.com, guidebyyourside.com, Quicksilver Transportation, The Intrepid Traveler, Allstar Vacation Homes, Segway of Central PA, and Tim Foster of Guidetothemagic.com

VOLUNTEERS - THIS MEANS YOU!
    Yup! We'll need them! I firmly believe that much of my event's success comes from my volunteers that work so hard to make it a great day!!! Remember....my volunteers pay to get in to the event just like everyone else does and still give it their all without complaint. If you are interested in volunteering, send an email over to Colleen as she will be in charge of the volunteers again this year. You can email her at colleen@magicmeets.com.

Well that will do for now. I'm really glad to have gotten all of that off my chest. Take care until next time!!

Fred Block
    MagicMeets Founder and Senior Event Coordinator

P.S. I want to thank Mike Scopa, Mike Newel, Matt Hochberg, and Len Testa for such a great time the other night while recording the podcast. I had a lot of fun!
    Fred Block
    MagicMeets.com Founder and Senior Event Coordinator

http://www.magicmeets.com

Fred better save me a spot....two actually

Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    Fred better save me a spot....two actually
    See, I knew you'd want to meet me!!

yeah,that's it

hey now...let's try to keep the chit chat down in this thread. It's the info thread and I really want to make it easy for people to find the info. At least now I know who I need to put in the back of the ballroom.

Sorry!
    Fred Block

Sorry Fred!! I'll behave from now on.
    PLEASE don't put me at the back of the room.

Lori

Well, I've got to say that I am extremely impressed with the initial response to payments so far.

We started processing payments on Monday evening. I'm happy to say that today, two and a half days later, we have nearly 350 people paid! That's just about the total number of people we had at last year's event and while last year's event sold out, it took a few months for it to do so. This year, we sold the same number of tickets in two and a half days!

We have about 150 seats left to fill. I would expect them to get filled and possibly very quickly.

For those that have already paid, I'd like to thank you for your support of the event and I look forward to seeing you all in July!

In this issue:

1) We've got payments!
    2) Money Order Payments
    3) PayPal Payments
    4) Tell your friends!
    5) Coming soon....PINS!
    6) The MagicMeets CafePress Store...$10 off a $25 order!
    7) Our sponsors...

1) Houston....We've got payments!
    ========================================
    Well the moment you've all been waiting for. Might as well stop writing anything usefull because the majority of you will skip it all and just go pay for your reservation. The clock is ticking!

Please read top to bottom! Some of the wording in the Money Order and PayPal payments sections is the same.

2) Money Order Payments
    ========================================
    If you don't want to use PayPal or a Credit Card for your payment method, you will need to pay with a Money Order.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Once payment for the registration has been made, it will be locked and you will not be able to add anyone else to it. There is nothing we can do about this. If you want to add new people after payment has been made it will require a new registration to be made with a different email address than you originally used. (The system will not let you use the same email address twice.)

Here is how it works.

When you first registered at http://register.magicmeets.com/login.aspx you created an account with a username and password. Head on back to the registration url and login with the email address and the password you selected when you signed up.

You should see your list of attendees and a button that says "Pay Via Money Order" that is now available at the bottom right of the page. Click the button.

A new page will open that is kind of like an invoice for your meet attendance. Print that page and mail it to the address listed along with your money order.

When we receive your payment, we will go into the database to mark your account as paid. You will get an email once this has been done. Then you can come back and login to the registration system to print your tickets.

That's it! You're good to go! (To the meet that is!)

This is supposed to be an easy process. We've done everything we could to plan and develop it that way. I really hope that everyone finds it to be as non-complicated and simple as we hoped it would. If not, your feedback is welcomed.

3) PayPal Payments
    ===================================
    PayPal payments will be handled directly through the registration system and will update your account immediately. Therefore you will be able to print tickets immediately after paying via PayPal. This is obviously the preferred method.

IMPORTANT NOTE (Again!): Once payment for the registration has been made, it will be locked and you will not be able to add anyone else to it. There is nothing we can do about this. If you want to add new people after payment has been made it will require a new registration to be made with a different email address than you originally used. (The system will not let
    you use the same email address twice.)

When you first registered at http://register.magicmeets.com/login.aspx you created an account with a username and password. Head on back to the registration url and login with the email address and the password you selected when you signed up.

You should see your list of attendees and a button that says "Pay Via PayPal" that is now available at the bottom right of the page. Click the button.

That's it! You're good to go! (To the meet that is!)

This is supposed to be an easy process. We've done everything we could to plan and develop it that way. I really hope that everyone finds it to be as non-complicated and simple as we hoped it would. If not, your feedback is welcomed.

4) Tell your friends!
    ====================================
    When you registered, you should have noticed that the final page has a section at the bottom for you to fill in up to 4 email addresses of people you know that may be interested in attending the meet. I am challenging all of you (as in I triple dog dare ya!) to go to the registration system, log in, and tell at least 2 more people about the event. If you can do 4 then do 4! The more the merrier! When you enter the addresses and click the enter key, a brief email signed with your name and email address will go out to that person telling them a little about the meet and how they can get more information.

5) PINS PINS PINS!
    This year we add yet one more thing to the event. PINS!
    We've worked together with PinPros and created one heck of a nice
    looking pin! We'll have lots of them for sale at the meet if anyone
    is interested. There might also be a limited edition version that is
    dated. More on that later.

6) CafePress Store!
    Looking for merchandise for the 2007 MagicMeets fan gathering? Look no
    further than the MagicMeets cafepress store! PLUS! If you order right
    now, you can save $10 off any order $25 or more by using the code DES146 at checkout. Note that this coupon expires Feb. 25, 2007 and it's a really good deal that doesn't happen often on Cafe Press. Stock up for our summer event now!

http://www.magicmeets.com/shop

Any problems??? Let me know!

7) Current Sponsor List...
    =====================================
    I'd like to welcome and also thank all of the sponsors that have signed up for this year's event. Here is a list of some of them: Tim Devine of TheMagicinPixels.com (NEW!) Kathie's Christmas (NEW!), Deb Wills of Allearsnet.com, WDWToday.com, Lou Mongello of Disneyworldtrivia.com, MEI & Mouse Fan Travel, Steve Barrett of The Hidden Mickeys Guide, INTERCOT.com, MouseMom.com, GuidebyYourSide.com, Quicksilver Transportation, The Intrepid Traveler, Allstar Vacation Homes, Segway of Central PA, and Tim Foster of GuidetotheMagic.com

Fred Block
    MagicMeets Founder and Senior Event Coordinator
    Fred Block

I just wanted to let everyone know about two really cool things.

1) New MagicMeets Logo and Merchandise!
    2) Latest ticket status...

1) NEW MAGICMEETS LOGO!!!
    ==========================================
    I'm very pleased to show off the new logo for MagicMeets! I love the new look and colors. To me it says fun in every way. Special thanks to John Leary of http://www.attic-art.com for the great work! When you get a chance, check out the new logo on our homepage at http://www.magicmeets.com

Tell us what you think of the new logo!

You can also check out our CafePress shop which now has the new logo items available and also the ability to order different color shirts! I've also dug up some great coupons that you can use towards your purchase. Act fast because they expire on March 4th.

Going to the meet? Wear the gear!

http://www.magicmeets.com/shop

CafePress Coupons:

Save $10 off $25
    use the code DES147 at checkout
    expires Mar. 4, 2007
    --------------
    Save $5 off $20
    use the code CLOUDALDER at checkout
    expires Mar. 4, 2007
    --------------
    Save $3 off $10
    use the code NCD147 at checkout
    expires Mar. 4, 2007

2) JUST ABOUT 450 TICKETS SOLD ALREADY!!!
    ==========================================
    As of right now, we have just over 50 seats available and a few money orders are still outstanding. This means that in one week's time, we've pretty much sold 450 tickets to the meet. With the outstanding money orders, there are an additional 15 or so tickets on hold leaving 35 tickets available. If you are planning to attend, now is the time to get your tickets before the event sells out.

Thanks for reading and, as always, thank you for your support. (Old Bartel and James commercial echoes in my mind...wait...is that me showing my age???)
    Fred Block

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast