Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Meets Discuss Shore Excursions in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anybody given this any thought? I have and there are too many choices. What should I do? Something? Nothing? Everything? Anything? I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO confused!...
    iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!

Shore Excursions

Has anybody given this any thought? I have and there are too many choices. What should I do? Something? Nothing? Everything? Anything?

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO confused!
    They call me "Nana"

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Not to mention that they are soooo expensive!

I don't know what we're going to do.... I was reading things about being online at 3 a.m. on the right day out to book the things you want.... options to book some excursions directly with the tour companies to save money but maybe not getting back to the ship.... not to mention the age differences between my kids, finding something they both will like and can both go on..... left my head spinning

Hoping that Lou or someone who has cruised before can make some suggestions.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    Ok...
    Well at Grand Cayman, try to do a stingray swim...very cool, very fun. Or do shopping here.

In Key West, do a jet-ski tour or deep sea fishing/swimming. after you fish they might take you to a reef for swimming (you can actually see Nemo and Dory Live!!!). If you want to do land tours, see Duval Street (watch childrens eyes though), go see Hemmingway House, Truman's Little White House, take the conch tour...oh and definately stop at the Southernmost Point (Mandy...do i see a really bad indie film) oh and go to the Lighthouse. Key West is very cool...oh and they have a sunset party EVERY NIGHT at Malory Square (if you have time in port it's a great time)

I'm trying to think of what we did in Cozumel...hmmm shopping...we didn't have that much time there.

Then you have Castaway Cay...just have a relaxing day doing a bunch of Disney themed things!!
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

So, are you going on the cruise Paul and Mandy? If yes, then YAY! If no, then WHY?
    They call me "Nana"

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    if Mandy and i had the denero...we probably would!! I wish we could!! I was on a family cruise on a Royal Caribbean ship that had the same itinerary. and that was what we did...and i have visited the keys for a long weekend (very cool).
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

flutter is offline Moderator
    when I went on the cruise I was scheduled to parasail in Key west..d/t weather we had to cancel so we just toured the island on our own..went to southern most point and all the famous bars
    in Grand caymanI did the tour that went to turtle farm, **** and then snorkeling with the sting rays....I believe that one was booked thru Disney
    in Cozumel I booked my own dolphin swim at Chakanab(sp)? Park, we walked around the park then did the swim it was cool, hung out on the beach etc. when we went back by the ship we went to Carlos and charlies and walked around that area a bit....you have to take a taxi to the park, there is a place to catch the taxis and a sign that tells you how much you should be paying for the taxi so you don't get ripped off
    d/t weather we never made it to castaway cay....I was going to parasail there after the other one was cancelled.....before that I just planned on taking it easy and checking out the island...but never got to do either....free drinks on the ship for a few hours though

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    We did the glass bottom boat at Castaway Cay. If it's still offered, DON'T DO IT!!! We didn't get to see much and I felt it was a waste of time and money. Will you send me a postcard from Castaway Cay T-Nina?

Also, don't feel the need to book an excursion at every port.....enjoy the ship!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

We had almost decided to do Key West on our own, on foot for the most part. Kayaking through the everglades sounded interesting though. The problem is too many choices and too little time.

It is Cozumel and Grand Cayman that are giving me fits. I would love to see the ruins at Cozumel, but one of the reviews I read for one of the excursions said the "ruins" were fake. Maybe some are and some aren't?

I'm really not a "beach" type person. I would rather be doing something exciting. We are definitely going to book the parasailing at Castaway Cay. That is the only thing we have decided for sure.
    They call me "Nana"