Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Meets Discuss Magic Meets Auction Questions... in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey, Im just wondering if you guys are wanting donations for the auction in July. If I can get my act together I might have some stuff I'm willing to ...
    PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder

Magic Meets Auction Questions...

Hey,

Im just wondering if you guys are wanting donations for the auction in July. If I can get my act together I might have some stuff I'm willing to part with. If so, how does one go about making those arrangements withyou?

Also, if I choose to just donate cash - I can do that at the meet, right??

OF COURSE, I'm also going to bid on stuff this year...I was ill-equiped (as in I didn't bring enough money) to bid last year!!

Are you going to post photos of the items up for auction again?

And for those who aren't fortunate enough to be going to the magic meet - are they eligible to bid, or is it a "must be present to bid" arrangement??

questions questions questons... (i love this smiley)
    Last edited by MickeyBabe; 03-12-2007 at 09:23 PM.
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessTammi View Post
    Hey,

Im just wondering if you guys are wanting donations for the auction in July. If I can get my act together I might have some stuff I'm willing to part with. If so, how does one go about making those arrangements withyou?

Also, if I choose to just donate cash - I can do that at the meet, right??

OF COURSE, I'm also going to bid on stuff this year...I was ill-equiped (as in I didn't bring enough money) to bid last year!!

Are you going to post photos of the items up for auction again?

And for those who aren't fortunate enough to be going to the magic meet - are they eligible to bid, or is it a "must be present to bid" arrangement??

questions questions questons... (i love this smiley)
    Hi Tammi!

You're about 3 days ahead of us , but to answer your questions:

- This year's auction will contain only NEW, handmade, or collectible items. We will be posting a 'wish list' of things we need very soon (before the end of the week). The auction team has been hard at work since the beginning of the year, and we have a huge amount of stuff all ready to go. PM me about any items you may already have.

- Yes, we will be equipped to accept cash donations at the meet

- I believe we will again be able to accept cash and PayPal at the auction, but bringing cash is a good thing!

- We will post photos again, at least of some of the items. There are more this year than last.... we will try our best to get them all online for viewing.

- Unfortunately, it will be "must be present to bid". We did look into trying an online component for this year, but there are too many legal and tax issues to make it a workable idea.

- Look for more information very soon!!! See you in July!!!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Well, the only specific thing that comes to mind (for donating) is a monopoly disney game I have (I got two for Xmas a couple years ago)...but, if I don't have anything I can donate...I can always ebay them and then just donate cash. Not as much fun, but still an effective way to raise cash - and that is the point after all. I'll give a look around at my "stuff" and when you make the official announcement, I'll let you know what, if anything, I have that fits the bill.

Thanks for the answers! I am really looking forward to the meet, the auction, the 'sessions'...ok, just looking forward to the whole thing!
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

MelinaR. is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Are any of these baskets avaible to purchase online to benefit the charity of disney world trivias choice?
    MelinaR..

No, they are not available for purchase except at the MagicMeet in July.

All proceeds benefit the Starlight Children's Foundation of NY/NJ/CT

Stay tuned though for an announcement about how you can help the Dream Team and shop, too!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

MelinaR. is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks Disneydame2004
    MelinaR..

Auction Information Thread!

For more information about the Dream Team Auction plans, and for ways you can help, please check out this thread!

The Dream Team wants to thank you for helping to make a child smile!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)