Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss The Party Has Begun!!! in the Vacation Planning forums; Here is part of the latest scoop----- Lori is not being loud (yeah- right), Amanda keeps saying squirrels are coming to get me, Tracy is laughing a lot talking about ...
    SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Here is part of the latest scoop----- Lori is not being loud (yeah- right), Amanda keeps saying squirrels are coming to get me, Tracy is laughing a lot talking about pirates and various things to eat, James just left a bit ago, and Lou feels so blessed to be surrounded by these Crazy DWT women! The day has been a huge success and the fun will continue I"m sure!

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I received a very LOUD phone call last night. However I didn't listen to it until this morning as I was sleeping. Sounds like a lot of fun though!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Wow! What a great report thus far. I can't wait to hear the final totals and see how long it takes Lou to come out of his state of shock.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    hey everyone!

Sorry I didn't get to sign in during the weekend. Just a little busy.......

Auction total is indeed $9000!!!

Friday on the drive down, Tracy calls me and asks where I am - turned out I was just about 15 minutes behind her on the same highway, so she made a pit stop and waited for me to catch up and we followed each other the rest of the way to Camp Hill. Interesting ride - some very flat dead deer along the way (eewww!), then she almost rear-ended me when the truck in front of me stopped short (smoking tires, the works!), and a close call with an unmarked police car (probably a good thing the guy in the VW behind the cop was dumb enough to try to pass the cop on the right doing 85 mph)

We arrived at the Radisson and immediately ran into Deb Wills checking in, Lori a few minutes later, Kellie pulled in... you couldn't turn around without seeing someone there for the meet. What a collection of antenna toppers in the parking lot!

Found Fred & Lou.... The ballroom was available for us to unload into and we found out we could actually set everything up Friday instead of the crack of dawn on Saturday. A lot of work had already been done for the meet - the tables were all decorated, sponsors had already set up their stuff, posters on all the walls. I loved the "Magic Meets Staff Only - Magic in Progress" signs on the doors.

Within an hour of arriving, we were checked in, unloaded, and people were arriving from all over to help set up.

(be back in a bit - kids demanding lunch!)
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    All I want to know (other than what I already know) is did you have enough room on the tables?
    They call me "Nana"

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    I received a very LOUD phone call last night. However I didn't listen to it until this morning as I was sleeping. Sounds like a lot of fun though!
    I know nothing.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    All I want to know (other than what I already know) is did you have enough room on the tables?
    Almost - we begged for one more small table at 11:45 p.m. on Friday night, which the banquet hall was kind enough to get for us.

Back to the report.....
    We started setting up i guess around 4:30 or so. Tracy, Lori, Lori's mom (Lisa?), her DD Cassidy, then Kelly (MissFlaversham) arrived, followed by Kellie (devkxl), and Cherlyp3 and her DH Todd, Meg, and more people drifted in and out to help out. Even Matt Hotchberg lent a hand for a bit! Fred was rolling around everywhere on his Segway, looking very much the man in charge.
    My family arrived around 5:30, so I got them settled and declared a dinner break. Can't imagine why Perkins felt we needed to be put in the farthest back corner of the restaurant, with no other people allowed in the section...

After dinner, back to work! More arrivals - James & Linda, April & Janet, many hands made the work, well, not exactly light but definitely more fun. A lot of creative arranging later, we had everything on tables. We finally quit around 12:10 a.m., with everything pretty much set up and looking fabulous.

Somewhere around 3 a.m. I realized I hadn't called Kate (Gooftroop3) to let her know we had finished so much and were now planning on meeting at 9 a.m. not 7 a.m. Since I wasn't really able to sleep anyway, I headed over to the ballroom at 6:45, found the lights hadn't even been turned on yet, so I ran back to the hotel restaurant and enjoyed a quick breakfast with Mary, one of Fred's volunteers whom I had met previously at MouseFest. Back to the ballroom, just as they turned on the lights, and a few minutes later Kate arrived. It was a good thing, we found plenty of little things to do left to get ready, and kept ourselves busy until the rest of the team arrived later.

Showtime! Fred started letting VIP ticket holders in sometime after 10 a.m. (not sure exactly when), but there were soon people everywhere! And a bit of panic when the internet connection we needed for checkout wouldn't work... but that got solved eventually. One thing we quickly realized were that there were people ready and eager to bid - so much so they started writing bids before opening. We quickly collected all the pens, but people pulled out their own, so we had to turn over the sheets, too. It felt a little like a school exam - "Don't start writing until I say go. Put down your pens immediately when time is called..." LOL

Once things got rolling, wow! We had quite a crowd of people!! It seemed like for the most part things were orderly and people liked what they saw. We had enough volunteers so that everyone could get a bite to eat at lunch time, or go to a breakout session. Final bidding got a little crazy, but that was to be expected. Again I have to applaud the Dream Team members at close of bidding - they were able to smoothly and quickly execute the procedures needed to make sure bidding ended fairly and the winning results posted quickly. Well done, Team!!

Deb Wills had come up with a wonderful last minute idea - she had a bunch of cool old Disney World posters that she framed up, and sold to people who came to her table. Through those, another $100 was added to the total!

Another thing we were doing during the day was selling buttons that read "I helped make a child smile." My daughter and my 'borrowed daughter' handled a lot of that, walking around the ballroom with these adorable cans decorated by April. I'm proud to say they helped bring in another $253 dollars from the button sales.

The remainder of the afternoon we were able to listen to Lou's talks and handle checkouts - the majority of them were finished within one breakout period! Then came the moment of truth. The grand totals. Meg had very helpfully created a spreadsheet program to keep track of the lots and generate tallies throughout the day, and then the totals were again verified by hand. I was sitting on the floor behind the back table, whiteboard in hand (and probably inhaling a bit too much of the dry-erase marker smell) waiting to write the final tally. It took 3 tries to get the sign right, and even more effort to get over the shock and get up off the floor.

Then came the best part of the day: revealing the total to Lou, Fred, and the rest of the attendees.

Lou had just finished his trivia game session, and was still up at the stage, when we brought Fred the word we were ready to make the announcement. Meg quickly brought Lou a chair - figured that it would be better if he were sitting down before he saw the number. Fred cracked a smile so wide I thought his ears would pop off. Lou was indeed speechless, at least temporarily. There was a lot of applause and some hugging and some tears and somebody shoved a microphone at me to say something - I'm not quite sure what it was but I hope it made some sense.

Then there was more hugging and more tears - I saw Mike Scopa looking at the totals board and wiping something from his eye - then the mundane task of packing everything up.

A group of about 15 of us trooped back over to Perkins for dinner again - and they again stuck us in the back room (with a waitress who basically said she'd been on since 9 a.m., was about to go home when she got told she had to take our party so she wasn't very happy). I got to thank everyone for all they had done, and we didn't throw anything while the waitress was in the room. Then we went back to the hotel, where Lou had arranged for ice cream to thank us too.

By now it's after 10 p.m., so a lot of the group headed to the bar. Unfortunately, I was exhausted (and I am allergic to cigarette smoke and the bar was not non-smoking) so I headed back to the room.

Hersheypark was a fun day, although I didn't spend as much time with DWT people as I would have liked. The kids wanted to go in different directions than the adults, and in the end they won out and had a great time. My morning had started out on the wrong foot, trying to get the 5 of us packed up and checked out and fed and everything, and just about there when my car keys disappeared (they were found shortly afterwards, but not quick enough to avoid a freaking out). We didn't quite make the early entry time and everyone was hungry, so no Storm Runner for me. But the kids had a blast later in the water section, and we had enough time to get dinner before we headed home.

All in all, it was a great experience - Fred's meets just keep getting better and better. And I know I was blessed to have such great people helping make this auction happen - and happen so smoothly you'd think we were professionals at this! I can't thank them enough.

Still working on the photos - should have some up soon!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    disneydame2004 said
    ...and just about there when my car keys disappeared ...
    This is sounding like a recurring theme, first Mousefest then MagicMeet
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Shoot...I forgot photos of the cans! Maybe some will show up in the Meet photos.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    I know nothing.
    that's okay, i was wondering whose cell number I now had in my phone, and NOW i know its yours!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    that's okay, i was wondering whose cell number I now had in my phone, and NOW i know its yours!
    whose phone was that?

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Can't imagine why Perkins felt we needed to be put in the farthest back corner of the restaurant, with no other people allowed in the section...

I KNOW! I KNOW! I think I heard enough from the phone call I got! LOL

I posted my photos to Kodakgallery.com Sign in to Kodakgallery.com

April, there is one of the can there!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Let's leave all discussions of "The Bar" on Saturday night to a minimum, okie?
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Something to hide, Lou???
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast