Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss Mousefest solo trip in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone done a solo trip to Mousefest? I am really considering attending this year but would have to come without my wife and kids. I'm not sure how I ...
    Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder

Mousefest solo trip

Has anyone done a solo trip to Mousefest?

I am really considering attending this year but would have to come without my wife and kids. I'm not sure how I feel about attending by myself so am wondering if anyone else has done this and how it went.

If you could let me know your experiences, I would appreciate it. It may help make my decision easier.

Majestic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Not sure about anyone else but going without my wife and kids makes me feel guilty! There is A LOT going on at Mousefest. I would imagine you would get a lot more done if you went solo BUT you can still do lots of events with your family just not as many. Most importantly, I would recommend you not overbook yourself with too many meets. You'll be really tired after it's all over if you do!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Eclipse View Post
    Has anyone done a solo trip to Mousefest?

I am really considering attending this year but would have to come without my wife and kids. I'm not sure how I feel about attending by myself so am wondering if anyone else has done this and how it went.

If you could let me know your experiences, I would appreciate it. It may help make my decision easier.
    Fred Block
    MagicMeets.com Founder and Senior Event Coordinator

http://www.magicmeets.com

tacey is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am going to Mousefest both land and sea this year solo and looking forward to it.

I will be able to set my own pace, do exactly what I want without any family votes....eat when I want to....

I met at least 7 people at MagicMeets that said they were doing solo this year.....

Enjoy

Proud Member of the Deck 7 Cool Kids!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Did Mouesfest in 2005 solo and had a wonderful time. Even did the Yuletide Fantasy Tour

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I've done two MouseFests solo, and both times were great. Yeah, I had to bring back some nice get-out-of-guilt gifts, but there was no way my family would have kept up. They just don't have the same level of interest as I do, and I think it would be unfair to my DH to keep leaving him with the kids while I ran off to some other meet. We did talk about whether we would all try to go this year, but my DH actually said he didn't want to go.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

GoofTroop3 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I am going to go to my first Mousefest this year solo. I can't take my son out of school and between my husband and me, I'm the bigger fan that really wants to do all of this.

When I go to WDW with my family, what we do is always dictated by what I think my boys (husband and son) want to do. I rarely put myself first. Going solo will give me a chance to not worry about whether or not they are having fun. I will also be able to get into the details in the parks -- the details that Lou and Jeff keep telling us about. I can go at my own pace -- early or late -- it's all up to me. And I get to do it all while meeting some other Disney fans. It sounds heavenly to me.

- Kate

Hi Pat!

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Since 1997 I have gone to the World solo, it is fun . I have written an essay that appears in the MAP section here about solo tripping
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thanks for all of your advice.

Now, if I can just convince my wife............as Mr. Scopa says, she doesn't "get it" yet. She can't believe I would want to do this by myself.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Mr. iwbm always spends one afternoon per trip on his own. He enjoys being able to do things at his own pace. He spends a lot of that time snapping photos and smelling the roses----literally. I have never had any desire to be at WDW by myself. It is just the difference in our personalities. I say go for it if you want.
    They call me "Nana"

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I didn't go to MouseFest but I went without my family last year. It was a nice change and the kids couldn't get out of school and DH couldn't get off work. It was nice to do a research trip and check some things out. I had a good time and it was relaxing. I was very ready to see my family by the last day and begininng to get a bit homesick. But I would go again!

kathyj0 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'll be going solo this year as well. Went last October with DH, taking son in September - so MouseFest is all for me. Honestly? I don't want them around for this trip. They aren't Disney fans like I am, so they wouldn't enjoy this type of trip like I will. This way I can indulge in as many seminars as I want and not worry about anybody else.
    Kathy

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I do WDW and DL solo and I always have a wonderful time. Attending MouseFest solo would be a lot of fun. With all the meets and events, you wouldn't be truly "solo" unless you wanted to be. It is definitely easier to maneuver the parks and crowds solo so you would absolutely be able to see and do more. I say go for it and have FUN!
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

guynwdm is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Ok, Mousefest coincides with a possible trip for me. I was thinking about going to see the decorations and the candle light processional. Where do you find out information on what is going on? I might be traveling with a friend who is not a disney geek like me. Would there be anything for him to do? Is this like an all day thing? I hear lots of podcasts talking about it but not finding much in writing and scheduling.

Thanks for the help

Rob

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The official website for MouseFest is MouseFest 2007 - An International Gathering of Disney Fans . They will be posting the schedule there closer to the dates. Right now, there is just a list of which days for which parks. The MVMCP night is usually the Thursday night (first day of land portion - Dec. 6th).

Mousefest is not like a convention or even like the MagicMeet. Most events take place inside the theme parks. You can attend as many or as few things as you want - a lot of them don't even require a RSVP.

There are things like the Safari Meet, where everyone meets at Kilamanjaro Safaris at a certain time, and everyone rides together. Last year I believe we filled 4 1/2 safari vehicles with MouseFesters. There were meets for Everest, ToT, RnR, the Nemo show, the Mountains, you name it.

Then there are more organized activities, like TriviaFest, Steve Barrett's Hidden Mickey Tours, Tim Devine's Photo Tours, Kim Button's Scavenger Hunts to name a few. These usually involve showing up somewhere in the park at a certain time, and following around the group leader or participating in the activity.

And there are other events like Dr. Scopa's Dole Whip meet - meet at Aloha Isle, grab a snack, hang out for a little bit with other Disney fans, and then be on your way. The DisneyWorldTrivia.com Family Reunion meets at the Torii Gate in Japan (Epcot) just to chat and watch Illuminations together.

I know there are even more things I haven't even touched on - the schedule is incredible - 5 1/2 days of land meets, plus the cruise, and meets start at breakfast and go until midnight.... overlapping events... there is no way to attend it all.

If you want to get your feet wet, you can just go to a couple of meets that interest you the most, or are run by a community you spend time with. There are definitely plenty to choose from! A lot of the meets last about an hour, and since you're in a park, if your friend isn't interested, he/she could just go on a ride or two while you're at a particular event. Or you could start to convert them now

Happy planning!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Okay found y'all. I posted in the thread above about possibly hitting Mousefest solo and they all pointed me here. I'm going to mull this over for another day or so, but it really doesn't sound too bad going solo. If you do enough "meets", it's not like you will be alone the whole time. I would also love to do the details and grab a tour with Steve Barrett. I'll have to see what's still available tour wise as it does seem like I'm getting into the game a bit late.
    To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast