Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: If you could see a scrapbook event at the Meet what would you be interested in?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Disney Meets Discuss Magic Meets and Scrapbooking in the Vacation Planning forums; It seems that scrapbooking and Magic Meets go hand in hand, with Sharla Whalen giving a talk at the last two, scrapbook related items in the Dream Team auction and ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

Magic Meets and Scrapbooking

It seems that scrapbooking and Magic Meets go hand in hand, with Sharla Whalen giving a talk at the last two, scrapbook related items in the Dream Team auction and even a mini crop event last year. So here is a hypothetical scenario for you…

If you could see a scrapbook event happening at the 2008 Magic Meet what would you be interested in seeing?

Would you like to bring your supplies and projects and crop for 4 hours after the meet with your fellow Disney loving buddies? FYI – This crop could run until midnight.

Would a workshop sound more appealing? Imagine a presentation with tips and tricks on how to Disney up your pages and take them to the next level, money saving tips and other interesting tidbits? Plus the opportunity to use some of the current tools that have ability to do Disney fonts and embellishments and a show and tell with all your Disney scrapping buddies. Oh, and some make and take projects that would keep your hands busy while the we all share our scrapping stories.

Or how about just a share fest? This would be a chance for you to bring your Disney scrapbooks and share them with others. Tools would still be available for demo and inspirational items would be on display.

What about a supply swap? What is old to you is new to someone else. Take the opportunity to purge supplies that you are not using and gain some new ones that you might not have seen before.

So, why are we asking? We may be able to continue the Magic of the Meet this year with a scrapbooking session on Saturday evening, but we need to see if there is an interest and what you would be interested in doing. Please take into consideration that this would be after a very fun filled day of Magic Meet events.We will need a minimum number of people before a commitment can be made so even if you have never done a scrapbook page or have no idea what an embellishment is if this sounds like a fun time then let us know you would be interested.

Please note - This is something we are looking in to and it has not been confirmed yet and there is a chance that is may not even happen...but we are certainly going to try!

The above poll is a multi-option one, so if there is more then one thing that sound good to you, vote for them all! And there are things not listed here that you think could be fun, post them here!
    Last edited by Stitch; 02-24-2008 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Typo

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    These sound like fun ideas! I hope lots of people sign up!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Debbie-Habba is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My neice Marissa -- (she is 15).. would love to attend this ... sounds great !!!

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom-Morrow"

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-Habba View Post
    My neice Marissa -- (she is 15).. would love to attend this ... sounds great !!!
    Would you be coming too Debbie? (just trying to get a rough interest headcount...need 25 before I can secure a room)

Debbie-Habba is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Yes count 3 of us
    debbie, marissa and emma...

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom-Morrow"

Jenroc is offline C-Ticket Holder
    WOW ....this would be awesome !!! May not be able to make it this year but could definiately add it to my plans for next year !!
    Can't wait to go back to my happy place !

All it takes is a little pixie dust...a true heart of a child...to enjoy the Happiest Place on Earth !
    Disneyland -- 1968, 1969 X 2, 1974, 1977, 1982, 1984 X2, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992 X 2, 2007 (Pirates Premier)
    Walt Disney World -- 1974, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979 X 2, 1980 X 2, 1981, 1982 X 2, 1983, 1999 (New Yr's Eve Celebrations), 2006 (Halloween Night), Nov./Dec. 2007

April,

There's a good chance that my mom will be there. And maybe Cassidy.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    April,

There's a good chance that my mom will be there. And maybe Cassidy.
    Mom's a scrapper? Nice...It really looks like we can get the people needed to do this.

She"tries" to be a scrapper.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    She"tries" to be a scrapper.
    So the workshop would be a good thing.

PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder
    My friend and I will be there...well me for sure!! Do we have a plan yet - what will be doing? Sharing completed books, or sharing ideas, or listening to a talk? I don't get on the boards as much as I'd like - please keep me in mind and let me know whats up, k??

thanks!
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

I won't vote since I won't be there.....

but I just wanted to say that....

I WANNA GO!!!!!!!!