Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Meets Discuss Mousefest 2008...too soon? in the Vacation Planning forums; Just wondering when it's time to panic because I haven't booked anything yet. All mousefest.org has are the dates and the message... "Watch for more details on MouseFest 2008 in ...
    FigmentMushu is offline Chuck & Leigh

Mousefest 2008...too soon?

Just wondering when it's time to panic because I haven't booked anything yet.

All mousefest.org has are the dates and the message...
    "Watch for more details on MouseFest 2008 in early 2008!"

I've read that some people have already booked their hotels. I thought I could wait till June before I started locking things down. Am I wrong?
    Dreams Never Die!

I have my room booked already. MouseFan Travel had a pretty good price for Mousefest plus a little something extra if you book with them. Check out their site and get a quote. All the girls are really nice.

I guess I'll have to start the Who's Going thread now.

Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

DizPodDir is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by FigmentMushu View Post
    Just wondering when it's time to panic because I haven't booked anything yet.

All mousefest.org has are the dates and the message...
    "Watch for more details on MouseFest 2008 in early 2008!"

I've read that some people have already booked their hotels. I thought I could wait till June before I started locking things down. Am I wrong?
    they have the dates up for the next couple years so that you can plan on being there during those days. The park for each day or schedule is not set yet but that is not needed to start planning on days you are at WDW.

Mike

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    I plan on being at MouseFest 2008, but haven't booked my room yet. I didn't book mine until November last year
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Ray, when you booked last November, did you stay onsite? Did you have any trouble getting the resort of your choice?

I've would love to stay in the Contemporary just once and am thinking the extended weekend for MouseFest would be the perfect opportunity. But, I won't know until the first of October if I can swing time off at the end of our fiscal year.

GalPal,

Last year we stayed at the Swan & Dolphin and it was the resort of our choice. We had no problems. We, at one point, even had a resie at All-Star Sports, but my wife decided she wanted to stay at the Dolphin and we switched.

Since this is probably near Pop Warner football there is probably some sensibility in trying to book early if you are going to stay in value resorts.
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

I just looked up Pop Werner and their dates are Dec. 7-13. And yes they all stay at the All Star Resorts. I'm not sure how many are at Pop Century but if you want a value resort I would stay at Pop because it shouldn't be as bad as the All Stars if there are kids there. Pop would be the overflow for the All Stars.

If I remember correctly, a few people I knew said they were going to try and stay at Pop Century for 2008's MouseFest. I do know that George from Imagindering.com got into Pop Century at a fairly last minute, but other people we knew were out of luck shortly after George secured his.

I have no idea where we'll stay this year. We are kind of resort snobs, so it'll probably be a moderate of some sort this year. We are trying to stay at a different place each time
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

I'll be at Pop Century. But you never know, I may change my mind by then.

I have a feeling Caribbean Beach Resort or Port Orleans may be in our future for MouseFest.

But you never know, if the paychecks are good and we don't end up getting pregnant we may try and go deluxe again. Our DVC points are burned up by the time MouseFest rolls around.
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

FigmentMushu is offline Chuck & Leigh
    Thanks for the heads up. I've talked with my travel agent, secured a room and put down a deposit on a vacation package.

Now I wish MouseFest 2007 - An International Gathering of Disney Fans would update their site. Just a little something to let us know they're still out there and that planning is underway.
    Dreams Never Die!

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Good point about Pop being the overflow for All Stars. I booked my Pop package yesterday 12/10-17 just to be sure I was in. Slight chance I'll upgrade resort to CBR but will probably keep to Pop and save the dollars.

Happy you got your resort FigmentMushu!

Update: I made the upgrade to CBR yesterday, 5/12/08.
    Last edited by Love That Duck; 05-13-2008 at 08:51 PM.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach