Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss Saturday Night Scrap Soirée @ MagicMeets in the Vacation Planning forums; Please join us on Saturday night after the MagicMeets main event from 8:00 p.m. until Midnight to share your love of scrapbooking. This event will give you an opportunity to ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

Saturday Night Scrap Soirée @ MagicMeets

Please join us on Saturday night after the MagicMeets main event from 8:00 p.m. until Midnight to share your love of scrapbooking. This event will give you an opportunity to talk about preserving your Disney memories with your fellow scrapbookers. There will be product demos, show and tell, door prizes and so much more! Crop space will also be provided for those that choose to bring their supplies and scrap! All skill levels are welcome. Want to start scrapbooking your memories but don’t know where to start? Stop by for ideas on how to get started. All ages are invited; however, we require that anyone under the age of 14 be accompanied by an adult.

Please email meet@snspapercrafts.com with the names of all attendees to sign up for the event. Please provide the ages of all children under the age of 14, so we can create age appropriate activities. If possible, please provide your skill level or what you would like to see, so we can tailor the activities to the needs of the attendees.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Hope to see you there!

This event requires a minimum number of registrations and has not yet been confirmed. Once we receive the minimum number needed for confirmation, final details will be released.

I'll have to tell my mom about it.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Just incase people missed it the first time.

Oh, this is a FREE event for all MagicMeet attendees. You do still need to register for the event so I can plan out the prizes and projects.

Oh.my.goodness! I'm so stinkin' excited!

Since the Meet newsletter went out the signups have been rolling in! This is going to be so much fun!

PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Prizes?? I like prizes.
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

I wannnnnnnaaaa goooo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    I wannnnnnnaaaa goooo!!!!
    No you don't, `cause I'd put you to work and make you demo the cricut all night!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    If it's a soiree, do people have to wear fancy dresses? and high heels? and tiaras? and flowers? Can I come?
    They call me "Nana"

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    If it's a soiree, do people have to wear fancy dresses? and high heels? and tiaras? and flowers?
    If you want. I'll most likely have a tiara or stitch ears on...or both.

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    Can I come?
    If you are going to magic meets and tell me you are coming, yes.

If you are going to magic meets and want to crash the party, yes. (I hit the number I needed, so while head count would be great for giveaways and make 'n' takes, I don't need the numbers to have the event go on)

If you just want to come to the party, no.

Debbie-Habba is offline C-Ticket Holder

Smile

Yes all four of us will be there

Jim and Debbie Greenhouse
    Marissa Tchir age 15
    Emma Fiore age 13

Thank you
    debbie

do we need to bring anything??

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom-Morrow"

I can't just crash the party because I want to? What if I didn't get tickets to MagicMeets but I just want to come to the soiree? I can't do that? Why don't you just put me down for the soiree? I've been dying to wear my new tiara.
    They call me "Nana"

You can wear the tiara, but it has to match your wristband. And it can't be pink, because that is the color of mine.

Mine is diamond, emerald, ruby, and sapphire, so I guess I'm good to go.
    They call me "Nana"

DisneyMagic71 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My daughter and I are signed up and really excited about it. What do I need to bring. I want to learn how to scrapbook and would like to start one that night. I have the photos, a scrapbook and some Disney scrapbook packs. Anything else? Thanks so much!
    DVC MEMBER!!!!
    I wish we'd never have to grow up! Off to NEVERLAND!!!!!!!
    Remember we must always believe in our wishes...they are the magic in the world!!!
    LOU SAID...............................
    Was at Magic Meets '07, '08 & '09 Had a MAGICAL time!
    First trip 9/72 Contemporary; '78,'80,'82'84,'85, '88,'90,'92,'94,'96,'98,'99,'03,'05,'06,'07,'08
    3/20/08 Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge; 8/16/08 WDWWilderness Lodge

1/07/09 WDW MARATHON - Beach Club Villas

6/19/09 WDW Spur of the Moment Trip!! OKW,POFQ, & SS
    8/30/09 - 9/7/09 Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel -DH,DD & I - 5K DD did 1/2 Marathon - Coast to Coast!
    1/10 DD doing half marathon at WDW
    2/2011 - Cruisin' with Lou
    & all the great fans of WDW Radio 1st cruise

In case you missed the latest MM Newsletter the Saturday Night Scrap Soirée is official and confirmed!

The night’s schedule of events will include:

8 p.m. to midnight: Crop & Show 'n' Tell
    Bring your supplies and projects and spend time scrapping with your Disney buddies. Don't want to lug your supplies? Then just bring your completed albums and projects to share with the rest of the group!

During the crop there will be the following sub-events:

8 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.: Q&A
    Got some scrapbooking questions? Have a bunch of photos you aren't sure how to scrap? Have a piece of memorabilia or scrapbooking supply that you just don’t know what to do with? Bring them in it and we'll help you out!

8:30 p.m. – 9 p.m.: Getting Started
    Join us for a discussion on how to get started scrapbooking those Disney memories. We will talk about album organization, supplies, theming, helpful tips and tricks and answer any questions you might have.

9 p.m. – 11 p.m.: Demos & Make 'n' Takes
    Ever wondered how a Cricut (pronounced “Cricket,” as in Jiminy) works? How about the computer or manual die cutters? Are you tired of using the same old paper and stickers and want to see what else is out there? Want to make your own autograph book and not sure how to do it? Come check out the some great tools and supplies to really jazz up your Disney Memories!
    Also during this time we will have some great Make 'n' Takes you can do. There'll even be a special one for our young scrappers in the crowd! Supplies to complete the make 'n' take will be available for those who haven’t brought their own.

Swap
    If you are like a lot of scrapbookers, you have a stash of items you just aren't using. Well, if you’re wondering what to do with them, bring them to the meet. The supplies don't even have to be Disney-related! During the event you'll get a chance to swap supplies with your fellow scrappers. Once the night is over, any extra supplies will be boxed up and donated to the Give Kids the World Village in Florida. This organization runs a resort that houses children and their families for the Disney vacations that various wish-granting charities provide. This is a great opportunity to purge some old supplies, maybe get some new ones and help a great charity, all at the same time! GKTW will use the supplies for craft projects with the kids and to help make memories for the families.

Door Prizes
    Throughout the evening, there will be four door-prize drawings (three adult, one 14 and under). You must be present to win. Preregister for this special event to gain an extra ticket for the door prize drawing!

To register for the event or if you have any questions, please contact April at meet@snspapercrafts.com. This event is open to all MagicMeets attendees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast