Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss Alone at Disney in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by AKQJ10 Probably going to the MK on Friday and Epcot on Sunday, as Saturday looks like it will be pretty booked up. I have some other commitments, ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Probably going to the MK on Friday and Epcot on Sunday, as Saturday looks like it will be pretty booked up. I have some other commitments, so I'll know better once those are finalized.

Stay tuned
    ...And speaking of being "booked up", it just so happened that a couple of books happened to jump into my hands at Barnes & Noble this afternoon (ah, who am I kidding... I went there to find them!). I'm the newest owner of Lou's The Walt Disney World Trivia Book and Steven Barrett's Hidden Mickeys. So, look out Lou! I'm gonna find you sometime next weekend one way or another, and one of us better be carrying a pen!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    MK on the 15th works for us....but please let us know so we can make plans....does anyone want to momorail over to Soarin' with us the 15th or meet at Epcot for Soarin' on the 16th.....I am not sure MJ would like it, so we need to kidswap meaning two go on someone with dh and then someone with me....I am in a wheelchair and so is MJ so we will need to use the handicapped entrance....

Lou are you still going to NFFC Saturday Night?
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    I've requested the 15th of from the flight schedule, so that's as good as finalized for me. Magic Kingdom, here I come! Look out Mickey! Can't wait!

I don't have a cell phone or anything like that, so if we are still planning on meeting up, we should decide on a time and place to meet beforehand so we don't spend half the day wandering around trying to find someone we've never met before in the middle of a MK crowd!

We should probably meet in a less obvious location that one of the "weenies". We're all Disney nuts here... we could meet someplace more obscure. I read someplace that if you are going to meet someone in a crowded park, dont plan to meet at a well known landmark, because that's where EVERYONE meets their groups, and it is often quite crowded. What about Lou's "spot"? Do we all know where to find that?
    If not, there's a thread about that spot here: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...7595#post17595

I'm open to other ideas if you have a better place in mind. As long as we agree on one before we all leave!
    -Don-

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Looks like I'll (tentatively) be in the MK on the 15th, and Epcot on the 17th
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Oh, I'll be the dork in the DWT.com T-Shirt
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

haha... ok, that will make you easy to spot (not like I haven't seen your pic around here enough to probably pick you out of a crowd). I'll probably be wearing an ancient and fading Mickey Mouse Star Spangled Celebration t-shirt :mickey: . Hope we can meet up. I'm bringing my (your) book!
    -Don-

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    man i wish i could but i havetoworkfrom 3-11 that night and Saturday night and there wouldbe noway of getting from TPA to WDW in the morning. I only have the 17th only...really sorry
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

I can't promise anything for that day (seeing as I already requested the 15th off from flying), but if by some chance I am not on the schedule for the 17th, my buddy and I have already discussed going on that day as well. We would be going to EPCOT to check out Soarin' and the WS. But that depends on what I find out Saturday night. I'll try to leave a message on this thread as soon as I know if I'm going or not, but it wont be til sat night sometime. Sorry we are gonna miss you on friday, but it seemed like more people could make friday than sunday.
    -Don-

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    ok so where are we meetingon Sunday. obscure placeis by the exitofUoE or the enterance of BWlet me know. I will be in my Disney 50th Anniversary shirt!!
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Okay... scratching my head from all the confusion of days/parks etc. I can definitely make it on Sunday to Epcot... let me know time/place. Will try to make it on Friday to MK, but just found out I will be having multiple root canals on Thursday, so it depends on how much pain I'm in. Looking forward to meeting you guys!!

JLTraveling, it sounds like Friday is definately going to happen (at least for myself and MommytoMJM, with Lou as a tentative). Sunday is a maybe for me at this point. But if you can only make it Sunday, it sounds like Summer Sun and Lou are probably going to be there, if not myself and my friend from school (Dreamflightmc21) as well. I really hope I can make it both days. I'd love to meet all of you!

Summer Sun, as for a potential meeting place at EPCOT, how about the geographic center of WDW? (ever since I learned of this fact on this board, I've been dying to use it!) Know where that is? most people don't, which is what makes it so neat! If not, I have a pic of it in my gallery. http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...cat=500&page=4 If you walk into the park and walk right up to the Fountain of Nations, you can then make a right and walk about 300 feet and find a bunch of gray circles in the ground. It's not labeled as such, but that's it. That's the spot... the geographic center of WDW!

Again, I remind you that I may not be able to make it sunday, so I don't want you thinking I stood you up if I don't show. I'm kind of in the same boat you are, except that we are coming from opposite ends of I-4. You from Tampa, me from Daytona Beach. So I can make it if I'm either not flying that day, or if my flight isn't until later at night. If i'm on for a 10pm flight, I can still leave from EPCOT at 6 and be back in plenty of time. So I've got my fingers crossed, and I'll try to talk to my instructor about it too.

If I do go, I'll wear my black and red "Mr. Incredible" t-shirt.
    -Don-

JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Okay,

I also really hope I can make it both days. Going to do my best, but again it's dependent on dental pain...grrr, I hate dentists Will definitely be there on Sunday though...love the idea of meeting at the geographical center -- Summer Sun, Lou, does that work for you guys? Don't know yet what I'll be wearing, I'm not that organized LOL, but Dad will be with me, long hair and beard on a bright red ECV, he's very noticeable

Don -- let us know as soon as possible if you can make it for Sunday. Looking forward to meeting everyone!!!

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    Awe Man! I'll be there the NEXT weekend! No fair... no fair no fair.

Maybe ONE day I'll plan my trip when others are going as well...
    We can meet you next weekend!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Yay! That sounds like fun!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I will actually be at Epcot this weekend so if I see any of you people I"ll say hello. :-)
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast