Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Disney Meets Discuss Alone at Disney in the Vacation Planning forums; I still can't promise that I will make it for Sunday, but I just got word that my buddy,(Dreamflightmc21), and another of his friends will definately be headed down to ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I still can't promise that I will make it for Sunday, but I just got word that my buddy,(Dreamflightmc21), and another of his friends will definately be headed down to EPCOT for Sunday. If I can find the time, I will be joining them too. Either way, I'll give him the info on whatever meeting info you guys come up with, and he can decide if he feels up to meeting with you guys.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B
    I will actually be at Epcot this weekend so if I see any of you people I"ll say hello. :-)
    WE will be at Epcot on Saturday, want to meet up?
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Ok, anyone heard from our intrepid leader about Friday at MK? We really want to meet him!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM
    WE will be at Epcot on Saturday, want to meet up?
    I honestly don't know what I"ll be doing. I know I'm going on Soarin for AP weekend but then I plan on going to see the lovin spoonful that night at Epcot. (Yes a 20 year old who loves the lovin spoonful) So... I guess I'm not sure yet. Normally I would love to, but with the end of the school year coming I don't know how often I'll be there, although I will definately meet up with you guys sometime. I"m always in the parks, but if I change my mind or if something convinces me to go then I will. :-)
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM
    Ok, anyone heard from our intrepid leader about Friday at MK? We really want to meet him!
    I think he is flying down tomorrow, because he mentioned in another thread about getting a rental car from the 14th through the 18th. I hope we hear something final from him before he leaves (unless he has someway to get in contact with us after that point).

Oh, and by the way. I am now positively going to MK on Friday. I spoke with my instructor and I just checked the schedule, and the next time I'm flying is on Saturday, meaning Friday is officially clear for me to meet with anyone in MK that day. My instructor and I also spoke a little about Sunday. He said I will probably be flying that day, but that he will try to put me on as late as possible, and that we'd work out the kinks in the scheduling when I see him on Sat. Hopefully, if he puts me on late enough, I can still have time to spend most of the day at EPCOT. I can't wait!
    -Don-

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Hello, all! Intrepid Leader, huh? I'm honored.

Well, I am leaving tomorrow evening, and should be getting to PO:R around 9 or so (hopefully).

As of now, I am intending to hit the MK on Friday, and Epcot on Sunday. I'll figure out Saturday once I get there, as I need to be at the Barnes & Noble by around 12:30 p.m. Also not sure where I'll be Monday - most likely MGM.

If anyone wants to meet up, PM me and I can give you my cell phone number. Like I said, I do have a couple of other commitments (plus a whole lotta research to do), but I'd love to meet up with as many of you as possible!

See YOU in WDW!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Looks like I'm almost definitely going to be able to make it on Friday. I'll know for sure after I see the dentist again tomorrow morning, but some of the work may be rescheduled for next week. Will let you know as soon as I know.

TinkerbellRocks is offline A-Ticket holder
    GO ALONE!!! What an opportunity. You can do what you want, when you want. How awesome is that.

Sure, it's nice to talk to someone, but just look at the opportunity you have to meet the cast members or other guests. You might not have that same opportunity if you brought someone.

Just think about it.
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'July 18, 2005 5:30:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=fuchsia>Countdown to My 7th Magical Journey to WDW</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Hangin w/ the WDW crew!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Triviateer is offline B-Ticket Holder
    How can you ever be alone at Walt Disney World, when there are thousands of guests and castmembes to talk to?
    "The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." --Victor Hugo

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!

Go For It

Ok, to answer the original question in this thread....if it is just for a few days, I say go for it!!!
    Although I wasn't alone the whole time while I was there, it did feel like it. My friend got sick and spent most of her time at the resort. I was at the Magic Kingdom by myself - but not for long! I took the Keys to the Kingdom Tour and everyone was so nice. I got to go where I wanted afterwards without having to ask someone else what they wanted to do. I went back to the resort, rode a boat to downtown disney, came back via bus, ate dinner with my hidden mickey book as company and went back to the Magic Kingdom. I do tend to be an outgoing person and will talk to anyone, especially about Disney. I found myself giving out advice, directions and hints to certains things. It was a lot of fun!!!

But, since this thread got so off topic on that meet up - I want to know how it all went? Who got to meet who and what all did y'all do?

Lara

tinkerbellandme is offline A-Ticket holder
    Gee, Lou, now I read this! I was there then too! Hope to be back June 2-6.

Gin

tinkerbellandme is offline A-Ticket holder
    Definitely go! I have been on about 12 solp trips. The longest was a week, but I would love 2 weeks. Would give you a lot of park time, and also time to just relax at the pool, go to a waterpark, etc. I have eaten at a number of sitdown restaurants alone, and have also ended up meeting people in lines and then eating with them!!

Now what are the dates? Maybe I can arrange a few days there then, and spend some time with you. Which resort will you be staying in or are you staying offsite?

Gin

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    But, since this thread got so off topic on that meet up - I want to know how it all went? Who got to meet who and what all did y'all do?

Lara
    It was awesome! Myself, MommytoMJM and her family, JLTraveling and her father, and Lou all met up on Friday, and then myself, two of my friends from school, JLTraveling and dad, SummerSun, and Lou all met up again on Sunday. it was great. there's a thread around here somewhere about it, but seeing as I'm on a crappy dial-up connection now that i'm home from school, if i went to look for it for you, it would take me all day. it's called something like "i met lou and mainstreet, and jltraveling (but i knew her)" by MommytoMJM. Look for it. i put a pic in there too of the group on friday.
    -Don-

cjdiggs is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I went to the parks a few times by myself. the bets for sure was doing what you wanted to do when you wanted to do it. There are though special moments however that you wish you can share with someone. What i would do is usually call a friend back home and just say hello in a time like that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234