Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Meets Discuss Registration Fees for MouseFest this Year? in the Vacation Planning forums; I received a MouseFest 2008 email this week announcing the new location for Mega Meet 2008 is the Yacht Club and special YC and BC rates for MouseFest guests. The ...
    Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder

Registration Fees for MouseFest this Year?

I received a MouseFest 2008 email this week announcing the new location for Mega Meet 2008 is the Yacht Club and special YC and BC rates for MouseFest guests.

The following footnote got my attention:
    Special Bonus: for all reservations of two or more nights, all registered guests in the room will receive FREE MouseFest registration** provided by the MouseFest organization.

If guests that book MouseFest rates at YC/BC for 2+ nights receive FREE MouseFest registration, doesn't that sound like there will be a registration fee for MouseFest this year?

Maybe I'm understanding this wrong. Personally, I won't pay to attend MouseFest.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Love That Duck View Post
    I received a MouseFest 2008 email this week announcing the new location for Mega Meet 2008 is the Yacht Club and special YC and BC rates for MouseFest guests.

The following footnote got my attention:
    Special Bonus: for all reservations of two or more nights, all registered guests in the room will receive FREE MouseFest registration** provided by the MouseFest organization.

If guests that book MouseFest rates at YC/BC for 2+ nights receive FREE MouseFest registration, doesn't that sound like there will be a registration fee for MouseFest this year?

Maybe I'm understanding this wrong. Personally, I won't pay to attend MouseFest.
    You don't have to pay to attend Mousefest. You CAN attend it for no charge.
    Just don't register. The registration fee was implemented last year as a way to help with the cost of the meeting room. For the cost of registration you got several "exclusive" souvenirs.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder
    There was a registration fee last year as well. The fees are not mandatory to attend events but are basically to help with the costs to put on Mousefest. Costs have risen as attendance has risen and the sponsors need help to make sure Mousfest can live on.

Check out this FAQ that was put out last year when the registration fees began

MouseFest 2007 - An International Gathering of Disney Fans at Walt Disney World and on the Disney Cruise Line

You also get a pocket guide, lanyard, pin, nametag and early entry to the Mega Mouse Meet.

Again, it is not essential you pay a fee, but is only asked that you do to help support Mousefest. I was one of the nearly 800 who registered last year and don't mind paying a registration as long as it is reasonable.

I think last year it was about $15.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Thanks SO much for the info and your quick responses with GOOD NEWS

I knew I misunderstood something. It's wonderful to have DWT available to post questions, concerns, celebrations, etc. $15 or $25 is certainly reasonable and I'll happily pay a fee in that range. When I think of "registration fees" I think hundreds of dollars so little sirens went off in my head, lol.

I've been crunching the budget figures to see if there is any way to move my existing reservation over to YC. Not for the free reg fee but because I LOVE staying at YC.

Again MANY thanks to each of your for your quick responses. DWT is great. I hope to meet you at MouseFest!
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    Anyone know when the 2008 registration will open up?
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)